Apple iPhone 4 water damaged

nb88

Hey guys.

I know some of you are tech savvy so thought it worth asking here.

I dropped my iphone 4 in the bog a few weeks ago, I turned it off but it kept turning itself on and the torch was permanently on. It eventually ran out of battery. I put it in dry rice for 24 hours.

Plugged it in after that, Apple logo shows, nothing happens, won't turn on. Apple logo disappears when unplugged. AKA it's buggered.

Does any one know any way to revive it? I want to revive it enough to delete all my data so I can sell it for a few bob...

Cheers

change the motherboard. and battery. and everything that is electronical and damaged.

The problem with that that there is a high possibility that you might need to change all of the components... but then it would be easier to buy a new one

Although I am not really familiar with how Apple phones switch off at shorting

It might worth a shot, although there is a possibility that you fried a chip, as it was powered on by itself. Personally I would not buy that revive a phone in this very case, but it has a small chance that it will work

Hey guys.

it kept turning itself on and the torch was permanently on. It eventually ran out of battery.

Plugged it in after that, Apple logo shows, nothing happens, won't turn on. Apple logo disappears when unplugged

If you have the time and you are brave enough, I would change the motherboard for those reasons, although be prepared with a good set of tools and soldering iron

The wall. I tried computer but no response. I'll try again though, cheers

Google how to put it into recovery mode and restore through itunes. It might work, it might not.

If you have the time and you are brave enough, I would change the motherboard for those reasons, although be prepared with a good set of tools and soldering iron

Yeah I too would go down the route of replacing the logic board, it's actually quite easy if you follow a guide and keep all the screws in order. I wouldn't advise doing any repairs that require a soldering iron though. The boards are far too small and delicate if you are a novice, you will likely do far more damage. I'm a confident solderer and do it as part of my job, but doing a solder repair on an iphone 3gs logic board was one of the hardest solder jobs I have done.

Just sell it I'd say.

I once sold a totally destroyed iphone 4 I found on the street on eBay for £114, that was near when they came out though. By totally destroyed I mean the front glass was smashed, rear glass wasn't even there, the phone was slightly bent.

I literally listed it on eBay as "Totally Destroyed iPhone", took a photo of front and back, wrote "what you see is what you get" in description and some dude offered me £114!

Edited by weirdoku

Forgot, I came in here to say.. (not that I've used this method on a phone) on an old ecu I managed, with circuit cleaner spray, tooth brush, compressed air and finaly wd40, to bring it back to life after flood damage. I guess things in a phone like speakers for example wouldn't be repairable, but the motherboard might?