bike stolen Huddersfield

juantime

it's kind of a long story.

after looking constantly for days I ended up finding it for sale on facebook, on a local area buy/swap/sell page.

me and a friend tried pretending to buy it on a different account but she said a friend asked her to sell it, but has taken it back now"

a day later after I lost all leads I started harassing the girl who was selling it, telling her I was going to get the police involved and she had been selling stolen goods and all that jazz.

she contacted the guy who realised he'd been caught by me and my awesome P.I. skills and he agreed to leave it somewhere for me to go collect, then I went and collected it

fortunately I didn't have to use the baseball bat, it was just a precaution incase he tried to ambush me and rob me a second time.

also two of my older, larger, more intimidating family members went around the area braying on peoples doors and causing a commotion...

that could've motivated him return the bike ;)

Nice story :)

thanks >_>

but anyways yeah he like organised it and said he left it in a local garden, and laid it down so no one could see it.

he left it next to a dodgy snicket though and when i lifted it over the fence some guy walked past and it looked like I was stealing it

Edited by juantime

I know took me a while to find the right garden though.

oh I know who took it an I know where he lives. but he returned it without major damage so I'm not going to take it any further

dude

That guy stole your bike. If it would depend on him, it would be sold

with no damage, but yeah, he had the intension

dude

That guy stole your bike. If it would depend on him, it would be sold

with no damage, but yeah, he had the intension

oh he allegedly did sell it but got it back, I get what you mean though

like if he could've sold it and had no further involvement, he would've

Edited by juantime

oh he allegedly did sell it but got it back, I get what you mean though

like if he could've sold it and had no further involvement, he would've

personally I would only send him a letter stating " do not f*ck with me" or something like that, so he knows that there is pressure on him and do not f*ck with you more

Edit: But then again, I might not be the person who should give advises in this situation

Edited by UKHippY

Since its my frame bars and stem do I get a say in if the grubby fingered inbred gets reported??

Also starting to feel a little un-easy about that shed :/ Sheds get broken in to all the time :/ Will it be alarmed??

oh, if you want to report him you can I'll give you everything I have on him (CCTV, conversations and that)

I'm just happy he was compliant and I got it back.

oh yeah the Shed will be alarmed and made of brick and I will have a ground anchor and a big old thick lock and CCTV

it's gonna take a while to get set up but I'm allowed to keep the bike indoors till I get it all sorted.

it's gonna be like Fort Knox ;D

-it's not really worth it for my bike now, but when I get better parts and maybe more bikes it will be

-it's not really worth it for my bike now, but when I get better parts and maybe more bikes it will be

sounds safe!

And remember, you can keep other important things there.

Like a second bike

Am I the only one reading this who thinks the little James Blunt wants shopping in? He stole a bike and tried to sell it and gets away with it scot free? Really?

Listen man I'm glad you got your bike back but FFS he's only gonna do it again to some other poor b*****d. Don't be selfish, do the right thing.