Trialtech fork / Hope caliper / Try-all hub not lining up?

N.Wood

Not really a dig Dan but you seem to rant and rave about whatever part you own at the time.

I know what you are saying mate, I have had a lot of parts lol. This is the second bb7 I've had, and its brilliant. It'd be this or that cheap deore I bought off chain reaction everytime now. Parts just aren't worth the cost nowadays, not when they or cause grief. Most gear is overpriced and doesn't last as long as it should do. Simplicity and function is where it's at, wish I'd have realised this many moons ago before caning money on parts like I have over the years

Just fitted a 180 rotor and it lines up better but still impossible to get it not to rub. I think it's a combination of things:

A: The adaptor is slightly too thick.

B : The caliper is twisted

C: The forks also have a pretty thick mount which sends it slightly off.

Looked at some old pads I had in that caliper (from an old fork) and they are worn at an angle, which would suggest the caliper is twisted.

Any of these on its own is not really an issue but together its causing problems.

It's twisted side to side as you look from the front as well as up and down, so bending the rotor wouldn't work. It's very nearly there and runs through the caliper quite well, but have tried a number of spacers and there isn't a way to get it to run right.

Some of these replies are amazing. Bend it straight?! Are you mad bro?!

Why not, if it's bent already what does he have to lose? He could break a calliper which is bent and no use to him!

Nick, if it does break or you can't sort it and the calliper is definitely bent i'm sure that hope can sell you a new calliper body.