why rear disk brakes on inspired element

ALI_GH

im confused inspired element 2013 had a rear V brake but 2014 has disk brake

why they changed it to disk ?

while V is cheaper , stronger and lighter

and the frame became more expensive and heavier too because of the rear disk brake

L_INS_Element_Black_24_RH_Side.jpg

Edited by ALI_GH

If you want a rim brake, buy the element frame on its own. It comes with a magura mount, then just chuck some mag-v adaptors on. Alternatively, you could buy the flow instead.

i didnt mean that ... one of my friends told me that a V brake is much more better than disk for rear . i searched websites to find a reason why street trials yous rear disk brake but i couldnt find anything

i didnt mean that ... one of my friends told me that a V brake is much more better than disk for rear . i searched websites to find a reason why street trials yous rear disk brake but i couldnt find anything

That is all down to personal preference though I find with street trials a disc on the rear is just generally nicer to ride with.

• Like 1

also are cheaper to run (pads wear out less easier and don't leak as much)

Funny you should mention that, my v used to leak all the time. As a result I wore a lot of pads. In the end I stopped listening to the music of Justin Bieber and it cleared up. Edited by dngr2self
  • Like 7