Shimano 810 set up

weebryan

Have been running maggies for years and new to disc

What are you recommendations to pads, rotors, mounts

I had bb7 set and were good bite, hold a little weak on rear so bought the 810s and cant get them to work, brand new standard shimano pads and old avid rotors, just no hold or bite, tried sanding, water bed down large hill , cleaner

Definitely not leaking onto the pads? Are they organic pads? Sintered Shimano pads are recommended by a few on here.

I'm not a fan of hard bedding-in, but everyone has different experiences with that.

Also not recommended to use cleaner, maybe a bit of soap to start with and then just water.

Edited by Pete.M

yea old ones, i did get one set of pads to work ok on the front, so moved pads to rear and seem to be ok and now front is crap so must be pads but both are still not locking up as good as bb7 weird and no hold

ps prob dosent help i came from tnn begreens tnn clamps and racelines so on/off

Edited by weebryan

I recently had a problem with my saint set up.

Took rotors off. Dishwasher'd them. Scrubbed them in the sink with fairy liquid. Then poured boiling water over them, then cold water right after. It was only after doing all of that, that when I wiped my finger on the rotor, no more black shite was coming off it.

I also WD40'd the calipers. Scrubbed them with a brush, then dipped them in warm water with fairy liquid too and scrubbed them clean inside and out.

Changed the pads out for standard shimano sintered on the front and EBC reds on the back, so I could try both and decide which I liked best.

So far the sintered are MUCH better. But! I think my back brake needs a bleed and a bit of TLC at the lever, so cant say for sure yet but im pretty certain the sintered shimanos are going to be better.

Also, your point about the on/off of the maggies. If you get your saint working like it should, it'll be just as good as your maggie set up. Honestly, my front brake is leathal!

Edited by Ross McArthur

Discs are super sensitive to the calipers being slightly out of alignment. If you're taking the brake on and off a bit to fiddle with it or moving your wheel, if you don't get them back exactly how they were then the pads will generally have to wear in to the slight change in angle compared to the rotor. Until they do that they'll generally feel a bit down on power and pretty vague at the lever.