Bristols trials hot-spot on lockdown

jahbless

Very few of the original London spots are still rideable - Shell Centre, Belvedere Road Walls, Hexagons, Tricks & Stunts playground - it's just par for the course round here and we put up with it since there's new stuff being built all the time as well as more spots being discovered. If however you're not getting any new stuff built for you, then I feel your pain - nothing worse than them fencing off your favourite spot.

Very few of the original London spots are still rideable - Shell Centre, Hexagons, Tricks & Stunts playground -

Those were the days... Stephen I remember breaking and entering? the tricks and stunts playground with you. Hexagons was one of my favorites. Whats happened to Shell center now? Last time I attempted to ride it, it was closed for some sorta maintenance and had been for a year or so. Good times had there.

Yeah that spot in Bristol is / was pretty good, no hassle and easy parking :(

Those were the days... Stephen I remember breaking and entering? the tricks and stunts playground with you. Hexagons was one of my favorites. Whats happened to Shell center now? Last time I attempted to ride it, it was closed for some sorta maintenance and had been for a year or so. Good times had there.

Yeah that spot in Bristol is / was pretty good, no hassle and easy parking :(

The Shell Centre has been closed for what feels like 5 or 6 years. It's heavily guarded but remains exactly the same inside. I suspect the recession or perhaps a lack of inspiration/motivation has got in the way of Shell redeveloping it like the rest of the Southbank.

The playground from Tricks and Stunts was open plan when it was filmed, you could walk in from the pavement. When me and Tim first found it, and as you remember Nick, you had to climb over the fence to get in. Now the school next door has been extended and the playground is gone. Not many trials riders ever went there - certainly no more than say 20 or so, and that includes Ashton and Hawyes.

Last of all, the Hexagons was my favourite location in London. It seemed out of the way at the time, but it was only over Westminster Bridge and a 5 minute pedal down the road towards Pimlico. That got modernised with a bit of grass and a few benches, but not improved from a trials point of view. I've got photos of all these places on a CD somewhere from when I was toying with the idea of a London Trials website that showed you every location we knew of. I was quite proud at the time that we had discovered half of the locations from Tricks and Stunts by pausing the video, studying the skyline and then getting on the train and going to find them all.

Here's an interesting question:

(Sorry to hijack the thread, but I think this is on topic still)

If you were well paid, would you work as a designer for an architecture firm, designing buildings and street furniture that wasn't appealing to trials riders?