bmx cranks

Dman

I'm looking into getting new cranks and bb for the console, I like the look of bmx style cranks, I would just get some cranks and a bb then buy the inspired arcade integral sprocket and bash but it's not in stock, what other options are there, i can't find many 22t sprockets and none with a bash?

Cheers

Animal Sprocky Balboa's are only £10.99 on CRC: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/s?q=animal+bikes+sprocky+balboa+sprocket&cat=product though obviously not with a bash.

Freeflow are showing the inspired ring/guard as 'in stock with supplier- allow 3-5 days' but I'm not sure if that's true or just a place filler...

i love my wtp-cranks. but i might switch to trials cranks because of the lack of bashguards with smaller sprockets.

right now i run a 25t with one of those thingies.

be careful: the inspired sprocket takes nano(micro?) drive. so you have to buy bmx cranks that are compatible with that. (they have two holes for the bolt that holds the sprocket in place)

the only thing i dislike about the arcade sprocket is the weirdly shaped 22-19mm washer.

Edited by jeff costello

that's to take out any "egging" that sometimes happens with sprockets not sitting on the axle perfectly, the tapered washer means the cog always sits completely centrally and you don't get tight or lose points in the chain.

yeah, it did its job so far.

it just feels very flimsy when setting up. i prefer the classic hat-washers. they feel more solid and you definitely know when they are rightly in place.

I ended up switching to spline drive on my BMX because all the top hat washers fitted really badly in every sprocket I had. In contrast, when the split-taper washer on the Inspired bashring is done up tight it's actually pretty hard to get out because it locks in place so well, plus you know it's as central as it's possible to be. There's nothing to worry about with them (Y)