shimano to shimano

stefano2015

Hey 

First time posting anything like this so hope i posted this in the right place . if not please let me know . 

I recently decided to buy a new 24 inch frame and fork from Marino , so im moving from a front disc and rear hs33 to a dual disc set up . I am currently using an avid elixir up front with a 203 mil rotor . for me it feels good and locks up good , but it dose slip the odd time so i have decided to make a move to some m810 saints , and got a pair in pretty good condition no leaks . for now . 

That all being said i know its going to be a huge improvement in power . But what im really after is a few peoples opinions/experiences on running shimano saints with non shimano discs ( AVID hs1 203s or HOPE mono 180s as i have these at my disposal ) compared to running them with the shimano discs ( ice tec stuff )

Pad compound has a lot to do with this too so suggestions on that for use on non shimano and shimano rotors would be great .

this all has to do with me not really wanting to spend 60 - 80 euro on 2 more rotors and also a little bit of information never hurts .

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thank you for your time .

Stefan . 

Edited by stefano2015

The Shimano rotors now going by the name of "Slx, Zee, Deore" in my eyes are as good for the brakes performance as the ice tech versions and are currently £13.99 each on Chain reaction which should pretty much close this thread :P 

I have been talked into trying out the new Trialtech pads next after a couple of riders who I know wouldn't give them phrase without need. I think out of the other options even when I change from my M810 to whatever brake I end up on next I will still be using the Shimano rotors. 

I'll go and get a set of those so . Did not even see the slx rotors . I'd say I'll wait until I need a few things from tarty to get those trialtech pads . 

Thanks to everyone for your opinions and time . Pretty much have all I need now . 

everyone enjoy the holidays 

shimano rotors and either EBC Reds or trialtech pads are the only logical choices for pads to be honest, shimano rotors work well with saint callipers too (being designed for them, duh!) but hope rotors are not too bad either :) Its a piece of metal at the end of the day, BUT that said shimano rotors have been much better for me with any brake calliper or disc brake in general.... especially floating/ice tech rotors! :)