Five Ten shoes - anywhere to try them on?

bikeperson45

I've been wanting to get some Five Tens for a while but I'm old fashioned in the sense I want to try them on before I buy - anyone know any stores that stock them in store?

Or if anyone has any recommendations of shoes with a decent and thick sole I'm likely to get in person might as well post here :P

Will depend on your location ;)

Alpine bikes stock them in scotland, but i dont even know which country your in :D

i use the low impacts currently, and i would say just be careful size wise, they are quite a chunky shoe and some folk end up going half a size to one whole size up compared to what they usually would wear.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bikeperson45 said:

Was hoping for a specific chain that might do them, I'm in London and I've been in 5 Evans Cycles now and a few independents with no luck. I've read that the sizes can vary a bit like that which is why I've avoided going straight online,

can't you do a click and collect to your nearest evans and get a few sizes to try out

21 hours ago, Dman said:

For me I need half size smaller than normal. Just order some and send them back if not right.

Same here - I got a pair of Spitfires in a UK9 off a friend as they were too big for him.  I usually use a UK10 and they were kind of manageable, but I reckon a UK9.5 would have been dreamy.  That's compared to the usual shoes I wear which tends to be Vans or similar.

Places like Wiggle offer free delivery and free returns, so you could just order a pair (or two if you wanted to spread the sizing to make life easier) from them, get them shipped for free, then if they don't fit send them back for free?  Those dudes own CRC now, I'm sure they can take the hit of a couple of £ for you being unsure on shoe sizes ;)

• Like 1