Halo Twin Rail Tyre for street trials?

Swoofty

I have the table tops currently, but the newer compound only comes in skinwall and that doesn't fit my colourway (1st world problems, right?!?) I must confess that i tried painting them and the results are just what you'd expect.

IMG_20191224_075321.jpg

On 29.1.2020 at 0:23 AM, Swoofty said:

I have the table tops currently, but the newer compound only comes in skinwall and that doesn't fit my colourway (1st world problems, right?!?) I must confess that i tried painting them and the results are just what you'd expect.

I saw today that Schwalbe has a new tire for pumptrack/dirt/street: the billy bonkers.

Available in skinwall and black. really light (around 450g) but one size only: 26x2.10.

• 1 month later...

Update/verdict on the Twin Rail: close, but no cigar. Initially I was going to try it on the rear, but when I got it pumped up I realized it's not a generous 2.2. The Schwalbe Table Tops that claim 2.25 are noticeably wider than the Twin Rail and 2.4 Holy Rollers are much wider still. So I ran it on the front for a while and it did surprisingly well in most cases. It's light, it rolls very well and for straight on maneuvers it hold well while braking. It's braking hold on 90 deg maneuvers was it's downfall as it will willingly slip sideways in these situations. Also on natural terrain it performed equally poorly. One other note, this kevlar bead/folding version was an absolute bear to put onto my carbon rims. I'm used to tires being hard to put on hookless rims, but this one took the cake on being the most difficult. It's probably a great BMX cruiser tire, but it's less than ideal for street trials.

IMG_20200324_143755.jpg