Arcade

Matt24.

I had avoided replacing a cracked dark chrome arcade I had bought second handed and been abused after not enjoying the last few years colours and trying a few different bikes. Ended up grabbing an fluro orange one and stripping and getting a chrome powder coat. I can't get away from the fact that 24" steel is in my blood after years on a 24" lesson in my Hey day. Pretty standard build apart from shigura brakes - xt levers on mt7 calipers, some descendant cranks and a good old leopard print bone deth seat (I had one of these on my leeson and after seeing them back in production couldn't help myself) had a ride, feels like home, and I like the way it's turned out..

20230108_142425.jpg

20230108_142504.jpg

20230108_142513.jpg

• Like 11

Thanks for the comments. I knew the seat would divide, however I had a mild obsession with Sean Burns / Jimmy Levan, Metal Bikes and Bone Deth in my early 20s which meant animal print featured promenantly on bikes and wardrobe so makes me smile whenever I see it!

• Like 3

On 1/16/2023 at 7:10 AM, Mark W said:

Here's an orange Arcade for you @javimic;)

Thanks dude, I was already suffering too much. This could be a reason why we don't see Arcade 2022 on the streets... The owners polish the frames lol.

And to Matt, congrats on this austere but amazing whip with a controversial seat. :cheers:

• Haha 1

Thanks all, yeah I wasn't sure how well the powder coat would come out but pleased with it. YThe damned graphic is also a nod back to my old Leeson which had a damned sticker on it as was very into them and had a bunch of their stickers in my early 20s so throw one on the leeson. Just a shame @Mark W I haven't got a clean sticker to go on the headtube like my leeson ;-).

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2023 at 5:55 PM, infectedbear said:

Hello. Looks like I got your old Arcade frame. Could you tell me please, does it have 1 crack on one side or 2 cracks on both sides of the frame?

I wonna weld it tomorrow.
Sorry for my english.

Thanks.

P30414-194147.jpg

Hey, good luck with it. So I think it was both sides but they weren't very developed so hard to see. I wasn't 100% sure they were both cracks, could have just been stress in the paint but if you are doing it worth doing both sides. Hope you enjoy it 🙂

4 hours ago, Matt24. said:

Hey, good luck with it. So I think it was both sides but they weren't very developed so hard to see. I wasn't 100% sure they were both cracks, could have just been stress in the paint but if you are doing it worth doing both sides. Hope you enjoy it 🙂

So, 2 cranks. Second one was veeeery small. Thanks for the frame :P

P.S. My friend has ~2013 arcade frame in garage (with cracked brakemount and seatpost). Compared them. Older one is for about 5-7mm shorter (shorter frontend). Just a fun fact.

P30415-180723.jpg

P30415-181701.jpg

On 4/16/2023 at 1:10 AM, infectedbear said:

P.S. My friend has ~2013 arcade frame in garage (with cracked brakemount and seatpost). Compared them. Older one is for about 5-7mm shorter (shorter frontend). Just a fun fact.

Out of interest, how are you measuring that? If it's the normal trials reach measurement, the Arcade you've got there has a much longer head tube than the older one which will skew things a bit.

12 hours ago, Mark W said:

Out of interest, how are you measuring that? If it's the normal trials reach measurement, the Arcade you've got there has a much longer head tube than the older one which will skew things a bit.

I had both frames in my hands. Fixed bottom bracket and rear end on the welding table. I didn't measure the reach, just seen the difference in the length of the front triangle (headtube axle was moved 5-7mm forward in 19 arcade). In this case Arcade with wishbones was shrorter.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2023 at 8:19 PM, Matt24. said:

Thanks for the comments. I knew the seat would divide, however I had a mild obsession with Sean Burns / Jimmy Levan, Metal Bikes and Bone Deth in my early 20s which meant animal print featured promenantly on bikes and wardrobe so makes me smile whenever I see it!

Sorry just noticed I missed this comment, I take it you've watched the Go Fast Pull Up Jimmy Levan documentary? Well worth a watch if you haven't already! I used to ride a Metal Kizz as was a fan of Dan Price :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

Sorry just noticed I missed this comment, I take it you've watched the Go Fast Pull Up Jimmy Levan documentary? Well worth a watch if you haven't already! I used to ride a Metal Kizz as was a fan of Dan Price :)

Yeah the documentary was awesome, I went to the premier at house of vans and grabbed a load of stickers but unfortunately have run out otherwise this would be sporting a go fast pull up head badge!

• Like 1