TMS new bikes

Canardweb

Nice.

Really like the frame. AS30, integrated chain tensioner, tapered head tube, through axle, hole to mount hose holder on the yoke... The relation between TMS and Crewkerz is quite visible.

The hub is strange. It has a disc mount.

Looks like it has a freewheel too...Hope Pro V?

12 hours ago, La Bourde said:

Nice.

Really like the frame. AS30, integrated chain tensioner, tapered head tube, through axle, hole to mount hose holder on the yoke... The relation between TMS and Crewkerz is quite visible.

The hub is strange. It has a disc mount.

Looks like it has a freewheel too...Hope Pro V?

Yes they are testing the Hope Pro V5 Enduro hub with a fixed sprocket. Jack has as well as Hermance. They said it made no difference to them but 20" riders said it's a game changer to have the freewheel on the back and having so few rolling resistance. Clean has made one hub but it breaks insanely fast giving you the horrible chain snapping feeling. Comas' hub seems to hold really well but it's still a prototype (edit: it's not, my bad... https://www.trial-bikes.com/en/comas-rear-disc-freehub-p-538980.html )

About the frame, it's a Scorpio Karr. Last year the owner passed away and the new one decided to sell their design to some customers. That's how Thibault got it. I knew the 20" reminded me of something but couldn't figure what. They are awesome frames and they might get an update when they are finally released and get internal cable routing. They should be out beginning of next year.

@La BourdeI don't forget you but Christian is currently in Taiwan and pretty busy. I'll come back to you when I get to see him in November ;) .

Edited by Canardweb
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Canardweb said:

Yes they are testing the Hope Pro V5 Enduro hub with a fixed sprocket. Jack has as well as Hermance. They said it made no difference to them but 20" riders said it's a game changer to have the freewheel on the back and having so few rolling resistance. Clean has made one hub but it breaks insanely fast giving you the horrible chain snapping feeling. Comas' hub seems to hold really well but it's still a prototype (edit: it's not, my bad... https://www.trial-bikes.com/en/comas-rear-disc-freehub-p-538980.html )

About the frame, it's a Scorpio Karr. Last year the owner passed away and the new one decided to sell their design to some customers. That's how Thibault got it. I knew the 20" reminded me of something but couldn't figure what. They are awesome frames and they might get an update when they are finally released and get internal cable routing. They should be out beginning of next year.

@La BourdeI don't forget you but Christian is currently in Taiwan and pretty busy. I'll come back to you when I get to see him in November ;) .

That's a real shame about the Scorpio owner, they had some lovely frames being developed. Nice to know the designs are being used, the frame looks really sweet, hopefully they'll release a 20".

23 minutes ago, craigjames said:

That's a real shame about the Scorpio owner, they had some lovely frames being developed. Nice to know the designs are being used, the frame looks really sweet, hopefully they'll release a 20".

Indeed, Frank was super nice also and very involved, maybe too much actually. His design are still used, but as you may have understood, more as generic frames you can sell to companies rather than exclusive frames. I have seen the 20" ridden yesterday but couldn't take pics. Both main tubes are bent near the headtube which kills the look for me. 

The Karr is known for breaking at the headtube gusset, so I hope they will fix that!

106D1512-6235-4CB7-BFBA-3227C330D2F1.thumb.jpeg.c01f9fed210c185399382a071fa02e54.jpeg.98d817eaede96fce224e6a571dac76db.jpeg

293DB77B-E995-443C-BE0B-C838207ED0E8.thumb.jpeg.79f3794cb1c2faebd00ec5a5f84e0291.jpeg.a1db7b852f9985daf4c24ccf2433e7c6.jpeg

On 10/9/2023 at 5:32 AM, Canardweb said:

🙁

Not sure I want internal routing. Not a fan at all even on a MTB.

Regarding Christian: I bought a bashgard, so you don't needvto ask  him. Nevertheless thanks for your help.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Canardweb said:

Indeed, Frank was super nice also and very involved, maybe too much actually. His design are still used, but as you may have understood, more as generic frames you can sell to companies rather than exclusive frames. I have seen the 20" ridden yesterday but couldn't take pics. Both main tubes are bent near the headtube which kills the look for me. 

The Karr is known for breaking at the headtube gusset, so I hope they will fix that!

106D1512-6235-4CB7-BFBA-3227C330D2F1.thumb.jpeg.c01f9fed210c185399382a071fa02e54.jpeg.98d817eaede96fce224e6a571dac76db.jpeg

293DB77B-E995-443C-BE0B-C838207ED0E8.thumb.jpeg.79f3794cb1c2faebd00ec5a5f84e0291.jpeg.a1db7b852f9985daf4c24ccf2433e7c6.jpeg

Strange, they still use gussets on the prototype although the frame is made of hydro formed tubes.

The form of the gussets on the Karr looks like a stress riser... Why do they not see this? Or is this due to a poor execution,they wanted the welds to go further?

Edited by La Bourde

4 hours ago, La Bourde said:

Strange, they still use gussets on the prototype although the frame is made of hydro formed tubes.

The form of the gussets on the Karr looks like a stress riser... Why do they not see this? Or is this due to a poor execution,they wanted the welds to go further?

I asked Thibault if he wanted to keep them and said he didn't want to remove them.

The most probable reason why is he probably can't. 

I think there is a outside party involved heavily in the funding of the comp frames via TMS & a lot of the design elements are just HSU enjoying building these along side the street bikes which seem to be where Tibo has focused his brand. 

I love Tibo he's been fantastic with me over the years and wish they had better communication with Tarty so more of their products could be stocked within the UK. 

43 minutes ago, Paperclip said:

I think there is a outside party involved heavily in the funding of the comp frames via TMS & a lot of the design elements are just HSU enjoying building these along side the street bikes which seem to be where Tibo has focused his brand. 

I love Tibo he's been fantastic with me over the years and wish they had better communication with Tarty so more of their products could be stocked within the UK. 

Never said he wasn't. I am just advertising this new frame from TMS. After some research and contacts I found out these frames were not viable if they were released as they were by Scorpio. Let's hope he does change some things so these frames can be good and long lasting because they look really good.

Edited by Canardweb
  • Like 1