Trialtech Sport lite splined crank

La Bourde

Hi everyone,

quick question regarding the trialtech sport lite spline crank:

Is it possible to use another brand of freewheel? Like Crewkerz/WaW?

I like most trialtech products but I do not want a product with too specific parts. 

As above. The Trialtech crank isn't the specific part. It uses the generic HG spline, so any standard splined freewheel or sprocket will fit the pattern. The length issue mentioned above I didn't know about, so that's interesting.
Another point to consider is that there's worse freewheels to be stuck with than the Trialtech! I use a Hope hub, but when I have used freewheels, the Trialtech has been the best and most reliable I've had.
I've ridden with a few people on Cleans and Crewkerz and heard a lot of skips happening. Maybe that's not usual though - I'm too out of touch to know :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aener said:

As above. The Trialtech crank isn't the specific part. It uses the generic HG spline, so any standard splined freewheel or sprocket will fit the pattern. The length issue mentioned above I didn't know about, so that's interesting.
Another point to consider is that there's worse freewheels to be stuck with than the Trialtech! I use a Hope hub, but when I have used freewheels, the Trialtech has been the best and most reliable I've had.
I've ridden with a few people on Cleans and Crewkerz and heard a lot of skips happening. Maybe that's not usual though - I'm too out of touch to know :lol:

The Crewkerz freewheel are the latest Try-All freewheels and so are the Clean's so they can indeed skip from time to time. The Trialtech ones are very good but on par with the Crewkerz and Clean ones so you can ride them without any worries.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, aener said:

As I wrote, I am really satisfied with Trialtech products.

But if the freewheel is somehow specific, will it be still available in 3 years?

The price of the crankset is quite good though...

I had a closer look at the tartybikes pictures and I saw the difference between the trialtech freewheel and a crewkerz or clean spline freewheel.

I think it is not possible at all to put another freewheel (or maybe if one removes part of the spline using a lathe, but the steel is hardened...)