A Few Useful Modifications

Bruiser1

The pad bodge

Most of you know this one.....

David, here's another pic showing where the pin is. On all Shimano derailleurs, except XTR and DuraAce, the pin will have to be cut off or ground off. On XTR and D.A it simply unscrews.

gallery_507_111_1087593195.jpg

Any more questions, just ask.

• 1 year later...
I so the pad bodge about 12 months ago! Lewis poytnon! Lee

lol you suck a cock

Edit: damn.. i was thinking two things and told you to do them both by accident.. to carify..

1# Go suck cock

2# You suck cock

Much love :P

Edited by Spacemunkee

Holy old topic! Glad to see people still like these mods though :closedeyes:.

Everything is still holding up just fine. The XTR is going on 3 years now, and I've had no problems with it. Funny to see the XC'ers cringe when they see it chopped up and used singlespeed.

I don't have use for the pad bodge anymore, Heatsink pads take care of that just fine. The 10mm batch B let me use a 521 in my levelboss frame, and now the 8mm Konigs do the same with a DX32. If I went back to a 521, I'd have to use the bodge again though, since the Heatsinks aren't 10mm anymore.

I still have my pedals like that, and yes they are pretty painful when you grind your shins on them, but I wouldn't give up that no-slip no-shifting feeling for anything.

• 8 months later...

Well I was searching for something ? .....and I must have missed this one, first time around! :-

What a great and informative post, all rockin ideas and with groovy pics, must try the mech one sometime.

Someone should really `sticky` a thread for the bodges, I think people would go bodge crazy with it just being there!

Cheers, Bruiser1