Bmx Questions

BONGO

I'll check that out, thanks :D

Yeah, my t pro works, works fine, it's not the best spec kinda thing and there still is room for improvement, but i'm happy as it is, and it's perfectly rideable.

Not sure, but i think the goldie is about the same weight as my trials bike, i've never weighed my trials bike but i understand 22lbs is f**king light, and mine is far from it, and goldies are like 29lbs, so i could be on the money :D

I joined bmx online too, but it doesn't seem like theres any bmxers around here, but i accidently came across about 4/5 bmxers on youtube that are from quite close, so i might have to ride with them.

I tried to start bmxing along side trials as well, bmxing ended up winning over though, it's so much better than trials, especially just going for chilled rides and not getting all stressy about the whole height and length measurement thing going down with trials lately, and theres so many variations of riding and stuff, which is something in my eyes trials lacks.

But anyway as eskimo said they're both good, i've never heard any bad about the KHE goldies nor the mirraco's, although i do think the mirraco's look better.

Get yourself on bmx-forum as well, you'll probably find more riders on there, although im not into their forum, but it's alright to use once in a while (Y)

I wouldn't get rid of your trials bike. Its horrible not being able to have a bash on it. I'd love to just get out on a trials bike right now! Gives me a refreshing feel of riding. Only thing is around here theres like 20+ Bmxers and 1 trials rider left. Who hardly ever rides anyway!

Na, i'm not gonna get rid of my beast, couldn't do that, when my birthday comes, i've only had it a year, no chance i'm getting rid of it.

Think i'm gonna go for the goldie, as long as my mum isn't a fanny (angry thread, about the radio station).

Is the top tube the right length for a person who's 5.9?

I'm about 5'7" and my bike is 20.5 which is fine for me!

My mate Jay Jay, the token black guy of our bmx group is about 6'3" And his frame is 20.5 and he's a fair beast rider so! yes basically it'll be fine :)

I'll check that out, thanks :D

Yeah, my t pro works, works fine, it's not the best spec kinda thing and there still is room for improvement, but i'm happy as it is, and it's perfectly rideable.

Not sure, but i think the goldie is about the same weight as my trials bike, i've never weighed my trials bike but i understand 22lbs is f**king light, and mine is far from it, and goldies are like 29lbs, so i could be on the money :D

I joined bmx online too, but it doesn't seem like theres any bmxers around here, but i accidently came across about 4/5 bmxers on youtube that are from quite close, so i might have to ride with them.

Which bit of London are you in?

Not fussed if i have to go to central London, as i said, it's only 30 mins on the train, all good.

But yeah, there's 'Wandle skate park' in Croydon which is fairly close, probably 20 mins on the train or something, not sure though, i've got a suspicion that it's over run by dick ends (like every other place around here)

Bit of bmx news, the Fly Tierra frame has been *finally* finalised, and is now getting the final model shipped out, so it should be in the shops in around 4 weeks.

In my opinion it looks really nice, and the low top tube is a really good idea, and so are the Dylan mounts (removeable), although in the first year the frames won't have them.

So far from whats been leaked/speculated:

13.25" cs

19.8", 20.6", 21" tt

4.5 - 4.8lbs

Seat tube further back on bb with 71* angle

Brown, Green, Raw, Baby Blue

£199.99

Pictures:

tn2_portada.jpg

tn2_mini_FOTO%20PORTADA.jpg

tn2_mini_brake%20tab%20barrel.jpg

tn2_mini_seat%20clamp%20view.jpg

tn2_mini_dropout%20back.jpg

Edited by huck_it

Yeah, the dropouts look 'nice' i guess, they look fancy, quite thin and not built for it, but titanium, quite strong, might not matter.

Good to see you're back poo.

KHE Goldie, talk to me (please tell me you watch fonejacker :P), seems you'd be the best person to ask for an opinion on it, you always seem to be in the know.

But yeah, i think i should be getting a BMX, probably a Goldie unless anyone has any strong, unbiased views against them.

Haven't spoken to the mother about it yet though, but i guess she'd be alright with it.

Edited by Fat Pants

Yeah, the dropouts look 'nice' i guess, they look fancy, quite thin and not built for it, but titanium, quite strong, might not matter.

Good to see you're back poo.

KHE Goldie, talk to me (please tell me you watch fonejacker :P), seems you'd be the best person to ask for an opinion on it, you always seem to be in the know.

But yeah, i think i should be getting a BMX, probably a Goldie unless anyone has any strong, unbiased views against them.

Haven't spoken to the mother about it yet though, but i guess she'd be alright with it.

titanium is pissweak. however. mr eskimoo's approach to cycling is a little more refined than mine so he'll likely get away with it.

the goldie looks bloody good value to me - I can't see anything I'd want to change straight out of the box for any reason other than pimping it up

OK, here you go. Obviously it's not in inches so get your converters out.

I'll do it for you then.

It's highly based round my L.A.F. The dropouts were made the same shape, the same length top tube, slightly shorter backend and a slightly mellower head angle. Seat tube length remains the same to keep and add strength to the triangles. It's off for powder coating as we speek. (mat black) I would like to have a ti coloured frame but problem being is if i get bored of the colour i won't be able to respray it. But with a powder coat finish i can just spray on top of that. Also going for a blank head tube and 'triton bikes' written on the downtube.

13.7 back end centre to centre.

20.748 top tube.

74.8 head angle.

11.7" bottom bracket height. So a slightly lower height which will be better with the short ass back end.

Peg friendly 6mm thick dropouts which are made in the same shape of the L.A.F's. This put on some extra weight.

Spanish bottom bracket and external headset.

Final estimated weight after powder coating (60grams) will be just under 3.5lbs.

So 590 grams less than my L.A.F

Oh almost fogot the best bit, no brake lugs :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Alans have sold out of Goldies (99% sure of it).

Bugger.

I hear winstanleys is shit for reliability? Might be the only option.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Alans have sold out of Goldies (99% sure of it).

Bugger.

I hear winstanleys is shit for reliability? Might be the only option.

right, buying from winstanleys....

do this - phone them up and ask the bmx man to actually go and look for a goldie - if he finds one you should be ok. at this point you can use your (mum's?) credit card over the phone.

do not - order online

do not - believe the stock control system.

eskimoo. . .

oh good, 6mm sounds sensible - they must just look thin in the pic.

all you have to do now is get bored of it and give it to me

Edited by poopipe

Are you still on a weight saving mission then poo?

I should get some pics of my new wheel. I've downgraded from a Odyssey cassette, BSD ti axle, ti spokes and Supra B1 rim to a WTP pi flip flop 13t freewheel, Primo spokes and Balance rim. However it rolls super nice, it's super quite and suprisingly lighter. Well it is 36h. :D