Bmx Questions

BONGO

Another vote for the Hazard. Easyness.

Some pics of our guetto warehouse as were talking ramps now. Also we made a guetto mini in my mates back garden which even had copin for £36 i think it was. That was just for the top ply. Hard to ride but fun.

*pix*

No one had a camera back then so didn't really get much.

Cool will service it one wet evening :)

That warehouse looks so cool.

oh got the bars today, cheers

Righty, very happy, just learnt x ups tonight... i know, i know, they are easy as fook, and i would of learnt them ages ago, if somebody told me to try turning my bars the other way...im a bit thick for not thinking of that myself!

anywho i can do bunnyhop x ups and out of ramps etc, been doing them off benches too, but how the fag do you 180 x up? i just end up turning more rather than x upping?

Righty, very happy, just learnt x ups tonight... i know, i know, they are easy as fook, and i would of learnt them ages ago, if somebody told me to try turning my bars the other way...im a bit thick for not thinking of that myself!

anywho i can do bunnyhop x ups and out of ramps etc, been doing them off benches too, but how the fag do you 180 x up? i just end up turning more rather than x upping?

I could do with knowing that too...

I am right front forward spin to the left and x to the left too and with 180s it just seems weird, like I should be doing my x to the right when spinning.

Usually i'd do them to the left like in manuals or b-hops. But then when i do 180s i do it to the right beacause i spin to the left so it ends up like a lookback, far easier to do.

I'm also right foot forward, i can spin 180 both ways just as well (i 360 better to the left though so i'm guessing i'm stronger for that) and i bring my left hand in when i x up...and yeah same, i feel like i should bring my right hand in when doing 180 x ups, its so confusing :P

still proper chuffed i have learnt them, i've been x upping everything :P

Been cruising around with the 4down crew the past few days on their London-Paris roadtrip - too good! Scotty Ditchburn and Ben Lewis have lines. Truly amazing stuff going on, Ben Lewis is pushing riding in an amazing way, and Scotty D is a first-time-pulled f**king shredder. Hit some amazing spots I never even knew about!

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Been cruising around with the 4down crew the past few days on their London-Paris roadtrip - too good! Scotty Ditchburn and Ben Lewis have lines. Truly amazing stuff going on, Ben Lewis is pushing riding in an amazing way, and Scotty D is a first-time-pulled f**king shredder. Hit some amazing spots I never even knew about!

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Is your bike light or do you always pop like a rabbit?

some good shit there, i do like your slidey out maneouveres . I will learn them forthwith (ankles permitting)

with any joy the bowen technique will see me hucking again within a week or three so i'll be right there with you (except shitter)

christ i'm drunk - it's just as well missus wouldnt let me go out with her sisters housemates really

edit::

morning after repentance

Edited by poopipe

Eskimo how much does it cost for a return to stoke? Or did you come in car that one time you came down? lol

I wanna come to your area so i can ride that warehouse one day!

x

I never came down in the end. Plus i was going to drive. But i can't imagen it costing that much. As for the warehouse, it got burnt down a few years ago. 3 years almost now actually. Still miss that place.

Thats the other guy who rode and built with me. In the second warehouse we found. But lack of wood meant we couldn't build much.

Does anyone here know what the outer-diameter size for midsize bearings are?

thanks in advance.

No but there should be a code on the bearing cover bit. That is what you need to order some new ones. Other than that i don't know. I will measure it if no one else wants to....?

No measuring devices here, think they're like _ _ - 6906RS or something like that though...

Finally learnt bump 3's up stuff, feel f**king weird, but nice. Flowy but hard. Weirdest trick I've ever had to figure out, no joke.

It's like doing a front-touch, but you do a 360 after it :P So you ride along towards a set of steps, start to carve in, let the front wheel hit the bottom step, then yank up, spin 360, spot the landing, tuck the back end, then set 'er down.

After about a million tries.

I can just about get hop 3's up small 4 sets and decent sized 3 sets, but bump 3's feel about a million times nicer to do.

Looking at some new cranks, and i'm thinking of getting the Profile Race cranks, but don't really know too much about them, although a lot of people seem to give them good reviews. So are they as good as some people say, or are there better cranks out (my knowledge on most cranks is pretty shite haha). Obviously having some mega strong ones is pretty pointless for me as im a light rider, and with the flowing freecoaster stuff.

Also what length? 170mm?

Edited by huck_it

I'm currently running the DK Social Cranks. £80 without bb. They seem alright and alot stiffer than my KHE Hiddenburgs.

As for Profile's, yeah they have the warranty but come with a price tag. I know a few people who have bent them as well. Personally i'd say cranks aren't their speciality.

The Royal's, Power/Hollow bites, Premium's are all rated cranks as well. But to be honest i've heard problems with almost every crank sold.

175mm is standard length for bmx. Or 180+ racer style :P

Soon find out. A mate just snapped/ cracked his Berringer lites. Keep telling him to contact 4down. Also another mate just bend his Pro Race bars but i don't think they come with a warranty as they are 'race'. As for Macneil they are just give a manufacturer defect warranty so not much use there really.

[edit]

As for the cranks, perhaps but weight wise i don't there is much difference. I'd just use the money for a ti axle upgrade.

Edited by eskimo

Also another mate just bend his Pro Race bars but i don't think they come with a warranty as they are 'race'.

how long did he have them? and how harsh was he? just i've had mine just over a year now and they have been great so far, just wanted some sort of indication on what sort of life i should expect out of them!

Oh word.

It's just occured to me, i might get a BMX for my birthday. I really wanna get into it but feel i'll be too weak or something, i can barey 90* hop, and can barely bunny hop. Gah, wouldn't mind trying though.

Anyone wanna sell me a decent bike for ~200? :P Or reccomend a good'n, i dunno, i think i might be able to get 300 or something, as i'm 16 and i should be getting a some coinage (bit of a piss take situation, they gave my sister 450+ for her 16th, and i've already been given my bank book that had the money in it a year or something ago and i got like 150 or something shit) from my grandparents on my dads (fanny) side. I dunno though, I'll have a word with my mum, cos she was well up for buying me a decent trials bike/frame n that.

I wouldn't want it to take over trials, but i'd like to do both equally, just worrying about having to maintain two bikes?

Just been looking through Alans, the khe goldie doesn't look half bad, are they any good? Probably just in my price range too.

Are the Mirraco bikes any good? I get the impression Dave Mirra wants to help newbies out from some shit he's done, which kinda makes me think they've been designed to be nice for newbs.

Recommendations? :D

how long did he have them? and how harsh was he? just i've had mine just over a year now and they have been great so far, just wanted some sort of indication on what sort of life i should expect out of them!

It was from throwing his bike. Not purposely but from sketchy airs and things. Like most light bars they bend if you throw your bike. That's why i buy heavier ones now.

Just been looking through Alans, the khe goldie doesn't look half bad, are they any good? Probably just in my price range too.

Are the Mirraco bikes any good? I get the impression Dave Mirra wants to help newbies out from some shit he's done, which kinda makes me think they've been designed to be nice for newbs.

Recommendations? :D

Spot on. Those are both recommended ones. Look back a few pages as we've had a fair few descussions on bikes.

Here's a word of advice though. Only buy a bmx if your trials bike is fully working and in tip top shape. I work and i still find it hard on occasions to keep even one bike perfect let alone 3+. For example just recently i broke my cruiser and bmx forks and needed brakes for my mod stock and the stock needed helicoiling. Lucky i have spares.