Bmx Questions

BONGO

I should be getting some new trainers this weekend. If anyone has any suggestions on what are comfortable, affordable and durableable trianners for riding please could you point me in the right direction. My budget is in the £50-£60 region.

Thank you

Edited by minicrack

its on backwards aswell..is that why?

I doubt it.

you are running a shiny new tube, 2 layers of rim tape and your tyre is full of talcum powder right?

shoes:

if you're brakeless just hit tk-maxx and buy some vans or etnies or something for £25, that way you dont kill an expensive pair really quickly.

however, I've managed 7-8 months brakeless on lakai m3s and the sole is still intact

Edited by poopipe

Ok need your help

Right i want to spray bike cus it a purple/black colour and it looks gay lol

Was thinking maybe white bars stem and forks and a white into black fade on frame??

Or camo bars stem and forks and black frame??

What you think

Or if any decent colour options would be nice

Thanks Pimp

I should be getting some new trainers this weekend. If anyone has any suggestions on what are comfortable, affordable and durableable trianners for riding please could you point me in the right direction. My budget is in the £50-£60 region.

Thank you

check out orchid shoes, they are fooking ace! im on my third pair now, i love them

i got these (and i had the mk 1s too), the ankle support seems to actually work too

alans have also suddenly started stocking shitloads of orchids since expanding :) dooo it

Thank you

I've rode with quite a few brands of skate shoes, but none come close to the feel of my Loteks, they are seriously the comfiest shoes ever, look awesome too, plus they are a real good company to support. They seem to have it spot on with the sole size as well, unlike a lot of skate shoes where you feel like your riding with wedges on the bottom of your shoe.

So yeah, i couldnt really big them up anymore, i love mine, get some (Y)

Lotek range at Alans

My Odessas were balls. Shite build quality, shite sole (so thin that after 4 weeks, I could actually feel each pin so much it hurt to ride), and they just fell apart and wore out within about 4-5 weeks. My Vans Bucky Laseks on the other hand are super grippy, have a really good shock-absorber in the heel, and seem to be pretty well built. Other than them, it's just Orchids for me. Loteks are way too solid and plank-of-wood-sole like for me.

My Odessas were balls. Shite build quality, shite sole (so thin that after 4 weeks, I could actually feel each pin so much it hurt to ride), and they just fell apart and wore out within about 4-5 weeks. My Vans Bucky Laseks on the other hand are super grippy, have a really good shock-absorber in the heel, and seem to be pretty well built. Other than them, it's just Orchids for me. Loteks are way too solid and plank-of-wood-sole like for me.

I found the complete opposite with my Lotek Deltas, they are really bendy and soft so cushion landings really well and provide a good grip and form on the pedals without making your foot hurt or completely self destructing in a few weeks.

Plus i think they're dropping the new range soon, defintely worth looking out for that, think they have a new sole design made from a different material as well. Check out the little interview with Rich Hirsch on Grindstate, also while you're at it and if you haven't check Lotek's site in a while, some new stuffs been put up Lotek

And yeah i don't scuff with my shoes anymore, the whole stamp and run technique works loads better, and stops you wrecking £50+ shoes, so s'all good.

And yeah i don't scuff with my shoes anymore, the whole stamp and run technique works loads better, and stops you wrecking £50+ shoes, so s'all good.

I've been doing that for 4 years :D

Made my Saxxons last that little bit longer.

hey guys few questions, im building up an all new bmx cos iv really killed me so a few questionssss....

first off any really good website for ordering pasts, used to use winstanleys but there jus shite and alans's prices are always really high. also anyone know where i can get the odyssey cranks in that cool yellow colour that aaron ross has cos i really want a set even though i heard there pretty rare, or a site where they do odyssey hubs in all different colours. cheers for anyway help!

Quick news, found some exhaust black spray paint for motorbikes, took it to my sprocket, and it looks so nice now *minus the nasty Geisha colours*.

Butttt back to the point.

I've been wanting to do this for a long time now and i've finally managed to talk my mum round into letting me build a mini ramp in the back garden (dad isn't into the idea, but meh i'll build it anyway).

So i'm in the need of some knowledge really 'cause i know sweet f**k all about what kind of size i'm going to need, i don't want any stupid answers though :P. I want one side to have a platform for footjams and the like, and the other i'm not so botherd about as it will be against the hedge so i can just use it for airing out of and doing turndowns and tables etc. etc. Flick wise, bearing in mind i hardly ever ride any park, i don't really want a wrist breaking amount of flick on it, but there's nothing worse than a mellow ramp.

I have an area of ~ 13ft by 9ft, but obviously i don't want to use all this space, and the smaller it is the more kindly my rents will take to the idea, but neither do i want it "my council built this skate park, and all i got was a 2.5ft wide mini ramp" size.

So yeah dimensions? Tips for building? Also if anyone knows of any sound mini ramp plans that i can use then it would be really appreciated :)

sorry to piss on your fire a bit, but do you realise how much the wood will cost? you will need treated stuff for it to last, which doesn't come cheap at all :( its crazy how much wood you will need too! don't forget it will also need some sort of foundations too so it doesn't sink/wobble

anyway, back to it...i am also making some ramps, as i have a wooden barn cleared ready for a mini indoor park, so once we get started (friends are donating towards the building so they can ride it) i will let you know how we get on :) we are only making a quarter, fun box and large flatbank, but i still may have some useful advice afterwards

hey guys few questions, im building up an all new bmx cos iv really killed me so a few questionssss....

first off any really good website for ordering pasts, used to use winstanleys but there jus shite and alans's prices are always really high. also anyone know where i can get the odyssey cranks in that cool yellow colour that aaron ross has cos i really want a set even though i heard there pretty rare, or a site where they do odyssey hubs in all different colours. cheers for anyway help!

Pijin have a pair of them in their crank display cabinet, or did last Thursday at least.

How easy are Odyssey Rear hubs to work on? My cranks go forward with the rotation of the wheel, it's fine when my feet are on the pedals.

My odyssey hazard lite is fine to work on. Its all sealed so i can just pull it apart and clean it all out (Y)

How easy are Odyssey Rear hubs to work on? My cranks go forward with the rotation of the wheel, it's fine when my feet are on the pedals.

Another vote for the Hazard. Easyness.

Some pics of our guetto warehouse as were talking ramps now. Also we made a guetto mini in my mates back garden which even had copin for £36 i think it was. That was just for the top ply. Hard to ride but fun.

[attachment=15923:Bymax_v1.2_pic_2.jpg

No one had a camera back then so didn't really get much.

Edited by eskimo