Bmx Questions

BONGO

Mankind, take your pick which design you prefer.

I had the same problem as you, f**king retarded oversized sprocket hole not fitting on my 22mm axle, after getting far too pissed off I ordered another Mankind Tolerance today, my last one was 100% perfect and I couldn't fault it, plus they are pretty cheap compared to most other ones.

Mankind, take your pick which design you prefer.

I had the same problem as you, f**king retarded oversized sprocket hole not fitting on my 22mm axle, after getting far too pissed off I ordered another Mankind Tolerance today, my last one was 100% perfect and I couldn't fault it, plus they are pretty cheap compared to most other ones.

the size thing was easily sorted by the appropriate sized tophat washer in the end.

what's pissing me off now is that you can't actually fit a chain on it cos the guard's too close to the teeth (neither the shadow or the loophole will sit properly without rubbing - even with chainline taken completely out of the equation), that I have to run a massive spacer outside the sprocket cos otherwise the guard crashes into the crank arm and that two of the teeth are chewed up already (I've had to file them down ) despite not ever doing a sprocket stall on it.

in all - bag of shite.

Mankind looks good, it'd have to be the tolerance cos i need 25t - I'm kind of taken by the KHE too, looks pretty beefy.

My KHE's for sale if you want it, I'll have no use for it when the Mankind comes, been used f**k all.

8mm thick so strong as hell and looks nice too. I only got rid of it because of the spacer problem, and a spacer would have cost £6 inc postage from Alans, plus 25:10 was getting on my nerves so I figured I'd spend the £20 more and get another Mankind in 28 tooth.

the hub is definitely good - mine survived Joe Maher for god knows how long, me for a year or so (i killed two 14mm front hubs in that time) and it's still fine.

I think Mark's been (or was) running a demolition rim for quite some time so theres no reason to suspect they're bad.

If you're looking at getting that 2nd hand I should point out that you can get a hazard built into a hazard lite for a little under £100 - I forget which shop it was now but you'll find it if you look around

I know Pijin did that deal, but it was only LHD, 48H. Most shops were like that though - it was just to shift odd wheels, really.

Odyssey hubs pwn, and my Demolition's been on the front of my bike for coming on to 2 years now. Same hub too. Top quality wheel for £50 - hell yeah. Light as a feather too :)

The grips aren't that long, I stretched them out to make them thinner. Got 'em direct from WTP, they're a "proto" kinda test set. Full info on Style43. Tidied the flange bits up now too...

The grips aren't that long, I stretched them out to make them thinner. Got 'em direct from WTP, they're a "proto" kinda test set. Full info on Style43. Tidied the flange bits up now too...

yeah - i spotted the review. I guess I'll be waiting for a little while. its fine, I've worn the mushroom bits off my current grips now so they're comfy at last.

josh - if the wheels in genuinely mint condition that's not bad, if it's got the 1 piece driver (11tooth or smaller) its a better deal cos theyre £30 on their own

Would it be advisable to run a stem with one of the steerer bolts de-threaded? I'm getting rid of my S&M one so want to use my old Macneil or just buy a new one.

just get it helicoiled? best be safe than sorry, it'll slip

got my brake working now :) its actually quite good, i had a nokon cable and tech 77 lever arrive, shame i've f**king cracked the lever body already :( grrrr

just take it off paul.

I am considering it, i'm using the brake less and less now, just see how it goes

Quite excited, at last our big wooden barn is being cleared out ready ready for getting planning permission on it to turn it into a house

this means i can use it as an indoor skatepark for the time being :P goood stuff :)

here's a good one...

how did I end up getting a GLAND, an FBM hubguard and a loophole halflink (all new) for £18 ?

while I'm at it - any suggestions on the FBM hubguard driveside mod? i couldn't find a step by step run-through on bike guide

what tyres shall i get what are best from keeping me not having puntures all the time? iam getting 2 heavy duty innertubes aswell because iam sick of getting puntures miles away from home..dont care about the weight of the tubes..i dont need a light bike.

i was think 2 odyssey paths?

Go to left hand drive, makes everything far easier and nicer.

I used to run left hand drive but I wanted a freecoaster and I got sick of waiting for the reverse to come out so I bought a geisha. I'm screwed on that front unless I buy a reverse which would just be a silly waste of money.

I've only really had the trouble since I switched to the colony frame cos the dropouts are weeny

what tyres shall i get what are best from keeping me not having puntures all the time? iam getting 2 heavy duty innertubes aswell because iam sick of getting puntures miles away from home..dont care about the weight of the tubes..i dont need a light bike.

animal glh?

Edited by poopipe

i have a glh and a ruben forsale, both have loads of tread. £20 posted

wow my bike is 24lb. pretty happy about the fact its lighter than my stock

Edited by chrishayton