All Things 24"!

Tom_C

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yea 16 will be harder than a normal trials gear, but if your single speed and riding streety stuff then it will probably be a good balance for getting speed and being spinny.

My question is what length of stem would you recomend running, I was looking at the 70mm hope dh stem with 0 rise. Although i would rather run somthing with a 25.4 clamp. Im going to be riding very much street orintated riding at skateparks aswell as the streets so I need somthing really strong and short enough for bunny hops and manuals etc. But also long enough for a the control I need for trialsy stuff, I thought 70-75mm mm with about 10mm rise would be a good compromise. also I was looking at running as much as 3 inch rise bars, I have some gusset open prisons lying around only thing im not sure about is the width, There 26" anyone else run these bars or anything similar.

Finally are there any forks with a stock length but some brake mounts in a 24" position? Preferably Vees.

Finally are there any forks with a stock length but some brake mounts in a 24" position? Preferably Vees.

Might be some Pashley forks about like that. Steel, so the brake mounts can just be cut off, and welded in the right place.

I'm sure Ashton forks were 26/24 too?

wheel from 24 bicycles

Thats the single speed cassette hub, I think its more aided towards the street/ DJ scene.

Not 100% I may be wrong just dont know how the engagment will be or how they would stand up to the abuse from trials.

Would 2.5" rise azonic double walls be good on my leeson? The eastons on it now make it feel like I'm lifting a whale attached to a small island.

what rise are the eastons? try another spacer if poss. Nothing wrong with the eastons, me, boon and danny mac all run eastons. Azonics are good though :)

maybe a higher stem than what have you at mo

I'm stuck on gearing to,

I have 170mm cranks with a 22tooth chainring will 16 on the back be ok ?

22-16 or 17 would be fine, best bet is to try it for a while and see if you like it :)

Yea 16 will be harder than a normal trials gear, but if your single speed and riding streety stuff then it will probably be a good balance for getting speed and being spinny.

My question is what length of stem would you recomend running, I was looking at the 70mm hope dh stem with 0 rise. Although i would rather run somthing with a 25.4 clamp. Im going to be riding very much street orintated riding at skateparks aswell as the streets so I need somthing really strong and short enough for bunny hops and manuals etc. But also long enough for a the control I need for trialsy stuff, I thought 70-75mm mm with about 10mm rise would be a good compromise. also I was looking at running as much as 3 inch rise bars, I have some gusset open prisons lying around only thing im not sure about is the width, There 26" anyone else run these bars or anything similar.

I would go for a 90mm stem and get a bit of rise on it too. 24" ride nicer with a higher bars imo. Can then have a wider choice of lower rise but lighter bars, like eastons or azonics.

the bars would probably be fine, maybe a little heavy. I run 25" wide bars and now find anything wider than 26" feel akward...

Thank you! Yea I am aware the bars will weigh abit more than alu ones but then for hardcore street (not that Im in any possible way hardcore) Alu bars are well... alu alu=snap not bend i do enjoy my face. Steel merly bends. I know for sure that Im being way to much of a worrier (I will most likley eventually get ea50s or 70s) but if I have them around I may aswell use them.

Edit: 3" open prisons are 440g

and easton ea30s weigh 325g

Its not a massive difference if my front end feels heavy then I may well get some alu bars.

Edited by Tom_

• 1 month later...

People running Sun Rhyno Lites on Pro 2's..... where the hell are you getting your spokes, and what lengths are you using? I'm trying to build up this combo but can;t find the spokes (which have been calculated at 239mm/241mm-front, and 240mm-rear). I really want to run this combo, but at the moment its looking a lot easier just to use the DMR DeeVee's as the spoke lengths needed are readily available...

Any info would be massively appreicated!!

Yeah CRC only sotck even spoke lengths ,thats why im wondering can i round down by 1mm and use 238mm/240mm on the front rather than 239/241 like i was told by tarty - i just cant see where its possible to get these lengths. If 1mm doesn't make too much differance then ill be fine...i'm just not sure if thats ok?

I know some people on here run Rhyno Lite's on pro 2's so i'm desperate to know what they've done.

Cheers.

Yeah CRC only sotck even spoke lengths ,thats why im wondering can i round down by 1mm and use 238mm/240mm on the front rather than 239/241 like i was told by tarty - i just cant see where its possible to get these lengths. If 1mm doesn't make too much differance then ill be fine...i'm just not sure if thats ok?

I know some people on here run Rhyno Lite's on pro 2's so i'm desperate to know what they've done.

Cheers.

think ive got 2 boxes of the spokes i used left , dt champion's i think .

PM me if your in need of them , i ordered them from madison through work.

will check what lenghs im using but have built super good.

hope that helps .

grant

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was to run rhynolite's on pro 2's, but I used dm24 instead. For the spokes I used dt comp. The mechanic (also a trials rider) who built my wheel measured the correct length, and sent it down to another bike shop to get them cut and re-threaded.

I'm using the heatsink cnc cousts on a smooth rim. I put a tiny bit of tar just for the honking sound otherwise it would be just silent squeals. I've noticed that most riders say the heatsink reds are better than the cousts. Anyway, I swear by heatsink pads.

But if you want lots of modulation, go disc.

• 3 weeks later...