Bmx Pics Thread

Mark W

Can i have your hot seat? :P

That would depend on if my parents have/are getting me a new seat for christmas, which i think they are. And if they do then maybe yeah, obviously for a small sum :P

• 2 weeks later...

Got my new seat for christmas (odyssey junior), so took a few pics earlier.

Haven't really had a good ride on it in a while now due to my back, and i have been somewhat put off by reading Mark's story about being bored a new bum hole by his junior seat *see bmx questions for gritty detail*

But here are the pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Stupid flood control. Now i'm here i can ask:

How did your profile break but you radial laced front survived? Also lack of scratches tells me you had it on a mod before :P

What forks are you running?

The rear hub broke, the nut cold welded to the axle and I destroyed the axle to get the thing off, all started from a puncture.

I sold the hub on as spares.

O and bike looks clean as I resprayed everything black gloss black.

and why ditch the bob bars ? they were spanky

Wanted something a little lower and weighed less.

I also have a thing with having Odyssey parts.

Bars are for sale, advertised in a few places £40 posted

mmmmmmm, looks nice. I really want my bmx sharpish :.

Right hand rear brake? or will you be changing that?

my last bmx had right hand rear brake so im used to it, but i might try brakeless

IMG_2917_2.jpg

Finally got some cranks! still not got it built up fully yet though ill see if i can add some more photos mañana when its fully built.

One question has anyone ever tried a khe flatland tyre on the front for street? it doesnt look like it would hold up very well to me its really thin :o .

bye

EDIT:

Built it up today!

IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

I decided to put two khe tyres on in the end, see how long they hold up for.

Edited by club_card

What rims are you running on that? I know there sprayed i was just curious.

As for the khe flatland tyres... I would of thought if you were to even tyre slide a curb the sidewall would rip.

You should of got the ramp ones if you don't run pegs. But to be fair if you want to remove some serious weight just buy a new frame that weighs 5lbs and get ti axles.

What rims are you running on that? I know there sprayed i was just curious.

As for the khe flatland tyres... I would of thought if you were to even tyre slide a curb the sidewall would rip.

You should of got the ramp ones if you don't run pegs. But to be fair if you want to remove some serious weight just buy a new frame that weighs 5lbs and get ti axles.

The rear one is the street/park one the front is the flatland one and i do run pegs you just cant see them.

So far so good no puntures (Y)

hand painted rims, super low seat, pegless.

got your tight jeans yet ?

:P

if i remember right thats a himiko on the back and a hulyhoop on the front

I hate stabbing myself with pegs, so I don't run 'em. Can still grind and stall though :) Got double peg to opp180 off stuff now, trying to find a nice mellow-ish bank to sub to try doublepeg to opp 270 off... I had a chrome rear rim (Hazard Lite now ;)), and a smoked chrome front rim (Demolition Zero ;)), and the non-matching thing wasn't my bag, so I just sprayed them up. It's easy enough to do (Y) As for the low seat, it keeps it out the way. All good? :P I don't do tight jeans either, on account of what even on people they suit, tight jeans look shit, and I wouldn't want to anyway. It's funny how even girls say tight jeans look like shit on men, yet men continue to wear them to try and get girls?

Oh, and Mike - no :P

Mark, that looks mint!!! So no rear brake? (or is that old news?)

I hear you on the tight jeans thing - some people just take it too far, like the emo's in town who just look odd with these super-skimpy bean-stick legs... Baggy/loose fit jeans are what's required.

Anyway, Ride #100 is inspiring me to fettle my BMX and get out on it again... just a shame the weather's rubbish right now...

i'm definitely not an emo fag

aaw, only jesting :wub: the only reason my seat's so high is cos my knees don't bend that far anymore.

re: painting the rims,,, what have you done to prevent the paint wearing off the chrome - or are you just gonna touch it up as it wears off?

I just used quite a few layers of paint on them, and I figured I'd probably just re-spray them from time to time. Seeing as it's so quick 'n' easy to strip my bike now, I may change the colours around a bit more often... We'll see. Got my new frame ordered so I've gotta hold back on spraying this frame before I sell it.

Ian - do it! The Ride100 issue was pretty good, there were some decent articles in it. The DMC article, for one. But yeah, get on it!