Bmx Pics Thread

Mark W

[attachmentid=2799]

here is my bike. its a photo off my phone so not super quality!

Best bike ever made :-:Plol

john

Questions: Is that a T-Nez frame? I thought you said it was a Federal, couldn't remember which. Nice?

Osiris - are you actually on flow from them or just liked the purdy sticker? :P

Wow, havn't been on here in a while. What the f**k is with Hardman's bike, are you stupid? :lol:

Anyway, my bike:

IPB Image

Got the following to come in the next week:

Gusset Slim Jim pedals (mag)

Fit Flow Hi-Lite bars

Redneck XLT stem

Yeah, ummm...

Bye!

havnt had a pic of my bike for ages soooooo......

IPB Image

i'm looking to swap the frame for somthing longer if anyone wants somthing shorter? its a 20.5 inch tt.

oh ye, BLACK BMX'S ARE BOOOOORIIINNNNGGGGG FOOOLS!!

Edited by mat hudson

oh ye, BLACK BMX'S ARE BOOOOORIIINNNNGGGGG FOOOLS!!

Wow, strong statement coming from the person with copious amounts of rust on there bike, at least my boring black bike is shining, well looked after and happy (oh, and ridden, before you become one of those 'you need to ride the bike' twats)

If you have nothing decent/relative to say, then don't post :o

Edited by Fishwog

Hahaha, nice one :P

Anywayzzzzzzzz Mat, that's an old pic of your bike? White cable? White top-cap? Shit, "white pedals" too maybe, but I can't remember what you've got now...

Sam, your bike's super nice as always :)

Heres the deal, I'm looking to get myself a decent(ish) bmx on my birthday, by then I'll have £300 together which should give me some good choice. I've already got a front tyre and pedals so if getting parts and building it all up seperately will save me copious amounts of money then i'll do that, but i'm not sure on whats good. I'd like something just plain and black probably, nothing fancy I can't afford profiles or anything like that and I'm not bothered about it having a giro or what seatpost ect. it has but i'd like it to have a decent(ish) back brake and a small front sprocket (33:13 a decent ratio?)

what dy'all reccomend? also has anyone got anything fo' sale?

cheers

Wow, strong statement coming from the person with copious amounts of rust on there bike, at least my boring black bike is shining, well looked after and happy (oh, and ridden, before you become one of those 'you need to ride the bike' twats)

If you have nothing decent/relative to say, then don't post :o

haha, dont get your panties in a twist you 3rd generation produce of incest :P

rusty pegs, oh noes. rusty chain, some gt85 sorted that, a small patch of rust on the chainstay? who gives a shit.

oh ye, hypocrit.

Edited by mat hudson

Heres the deal, I'm looking to get myself a decent(ish) bmx on my birthday, by then I'll have £300 together which should give me some good choice. I've already got a front tyre and pedals so if getting parts and building it all up seperately will save me copious amounts of money then i'll do that, but i'm not sure on whats good. I'd like something just plain and black probably, nothing fancy I can't afford profiles or anything like that and I'm not bothered about it having a giro or what seatpost ect. it has but i'd like it to have a decent(ish) back brake and a small front sprocket (33:13 a decent ratio?)

what dy'all reccomend? also has anyone got anything fo' sale?

cheers

Completes usually work out cheaper. Why not sell the front tyre and the pedals to bump up your dorrah a bit higher, then just splash out on a WeThePeople Addict or 4-seasons (Whichever you can afford)? Also, 33:12 is where it's at. That sticks with the "BMX ratio" of 44:16, only dinkier.

but you could easily justify just buying it for the parts i recon :P sun big shity and hazard hubs

What part of "DB hubs w/13t Odyssey freewheel" don't you understand?

Anyways, the WTP frames all ride super nicely and come with a good spec though, and to be honest I'd rather have a really nice riding frame than one that feels like arse but has bling-bling bits on it. I mean, if you look at Bowen's BMX, it's got good stuff on it but it sorta feels sketchy, and that's largely just due to the frame, isn't it? Whereas having spoken to people who've egot the 4-seasons and someone who had the Addict they all ride really nicely and seem to be really strong.

It's just a pity that all the Diamondback frames do look 'F.U.B.A.R.' ;)

Thats what was putting me off, Is the spec really that good? I can't tell lol. I was looking at the WTP addict and it looks good, Link thats the cheapest i found it for, unless you know anywhere else? My mate bought something from there aswell so i know there all o'k on the postage side of things etc.

yo, my mate just got a bmx too and he was in the same boat. Wanted something decent but wanted it cheap as poss.

He was originally going for this: DK 6 Pack 06

Everyone he asked said it was a really decent beginners bike and was probably the best for the money (sub £250)

However they were apparently out of stock everywhere so he changed his mind to this: Eastern Element 06

Slightly more money however it had the same good reviews. It arrived yesterday and although i haven't had a chance to see it yet he seems quite chuffed with it.

However, if you can stretch that little bit more to say £300-£350 i would go with marks advice (again :turned:) and get the WTP Addict 06. I got the 4 Seasons recently and its f**king ace.

Edited by RicH_87

However, if you can stretch that little bit more to say £300-£350 i would go with marks advice (again :turned:) and get the WTP Addict 06. I got the 4 Seasons recently and its f**king ace.

Winstanleys gayness strikes again, link don't work.

That was the one I was looking at, but I've seen this now and it looks alright, the thing that interested me was the cassette hub, 33:12 ratio and the fact thats it comes in black. Would that be alright?

Edit: also this looks aight, whats the difference between that and the battery?

Edited by Joe_Elding

Well the battery looks alright, although the bars look a bit suspect. But maybe its just a bad picture. Neither of the frame are full Cro-mo witch is was your after really imo.

The specs are half decent, shouldn't fall apart at the seems but nothing special.

However, going on the price, i would probably just spent the extra £30 or so and get the element.

As for the Metelhead, same view as the battery really, not a full cro-mo frame witch for me is a big point. The spec is average, but becasue of the massive price saving it's more appealing than the Battery. I wouldn't expect it too last too long thought with regular harsh use (if you are a complete noob like me you really give the bike a bettering).

Both are pretty average, but if i was to choose one i would get the metalhead simply becasue of the massive price reduction. Then spend the money i saved on new bits.

However like i said, i would prefer to just spend a bit more and get the element.

I'm the sort of person that has learnt to buy as good as you can from the start, with trials i bought cheap and spent alot replacing stuff, so with bmx i decided to spend a lot and hopefulyl not spend anything for a long time.

I'm the sort of person that has learnt to buy as good as you can from the start,

Ching ;)

Basically, try and get the best frame you can for the money. There's no point in getting great parts slung on a Turdy McTurd frame. Frames are often the most expensive component for a bike, so there's not much sense in getting a shit one you'll have to replace. Equally, the frame will dictate the ride of the bike more, and it'll give you a better basis for building up to a better spec if you get a good one to begin with. For example, for £229.99 you can get the Federal Foundation. 4130 tubing, 4130 forks and bars too. It's not got the best rims though, 'cos AFAIK they're not chrome, but it's still a good frame to build up on, which is a good thing.

Try and go for anything that's got full 4130 frame and forks, basically. It just makes more sense. Therefore, go for something like the WTPs, or maybe that Diamondback if it's actually full 4130. Either way, frame > the world :P

The Addict's "only" £299.99 on Winstanleys now too, so that ain't bad.

OOOOOOOOOOOh yeah, hands up who's getting a Simple Debut frame

*hand goes up*

Hell yes ;)

Mark the Diamondback Fubar is 100% cromo tubing. The geometry is pretty nice I would say (though I'm no hard core bmxer). It may look iffy, but is far from gash. Looks best pegless as i have recently found out.

Forks are cromo, bars are awsome, crranks are awsome, rear break is awsome, seat is sexy (IMO!!) etc.

Those SUN rims are diseased though, unless you never go out in the wet they flake after a while, still work ok though :)

Review from RIDE BMX mag....

"Odyssey parts from their excellent 41Thermal range - this is also the first time 41Thermal parts have appeared on a bike - so this bike is dialled from the outset. It’s another case of the sum of the parts being greater than the whole: you get Odyssey’s superb cranks, 41Thermal bars, brakes, Sun rims, Maxxis tyres, all on a full cromoly frame and forks and Diamondback’s other components. It rides great for trails and street, it’s nice and long, well balanced... and all for less than £400. This bike is another flat out bargain."

Its more than worth the money I recon...