Bmx Pics Thread

Mark W

Questions: Is that a T-Nez frame? I thought you said it was a Federal, couldn't remember which. Nice?

Osiris - are you actually on flow from them or just liked the purdy sticker? :P

It is indeed a Tnez, which i have hated from day one!!! Its a sexy frame, but the BB is just too high for me! Only a bit high, but makes a big difference on 2 of my favourite tricks! Bring on the pantera soon!!!

And no, osiris is just a nice sticker!!!

How high is it? I quite like the sound of the Simple frame, but that's nearly (if not actually) 12" high BB-wise. What tricks is it f**king you up on? I don't really ride much park, just pegless street shit so I guess our needs are probably different, but any help would be great. I tried e-mailling Alans for basic info about the frame, and considering I was spending £250 with them on a frame then more on the headset and BB I'd need, you'd have thought the c**ts could've answered?

*sigh*

Anyway, found a place selling the Simple Debut for £199, compared to £239 or £249 in a lot of other places. Just need to find out whether it comes with the hiddenset and Spanish bearings or not. Some do/some don't. Stupid lack of standardization in BMX all over again.

How high is it? I quite like the sound of the Simple frame, but that's nearly (if not actually) 12" high BB-wise. What tricks is it f**king you up on?

not sure the height, just feels too high in comparison to the pantera's. I have trouble doing 540 tailwhi nosepicks and 540 decade pegstands now, also abubaca to canadian over spines are a little harder these days.

bit annoying upgrading to something i like less!!

john

Fair enough :)

Anyone up your end got the Simple frame by any chance? Saw someone riding one in Motion and it looked pretty f**kin' awesome, but didn't get a chance to ask him how it rode 'cos he impaled himself on his bars...

• 2 weeks later...

Ta-daaaaaaaaa. New grips, Primo Strickers. Thin grips that don't fall apart in 2 hours. OH EM GEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

[attachmentid=2883]

[attachmentid=2884]

EDIT: Oh yeah, new frame as well as new grips. Forgot to add that.

post-91-1142874788_thumb.jpg

[attachmentid=2896]

this my new ride....picked up for 10 quid and only thing ive bought for it were the pegs for 6 squider.....grips n pedals were old spares of mine...

[attachmentid=2897]

this is my rear magura pads on a bmx......wow....work emmense so much wold there but still nice nit of modulation.

comment have i been ripped off or good buy? next upgrade new rear wheel....possibly chrome.

post-955-1142888201_thumb.jpg

post-955-1142888329_thumb.jpg

Edited by Whiteboy

Thats a good buy Whiteboy (Y)

You should see the state of the WTP Thrillseaker I got off fred, it cost me £10 and a set of Cannondale Fatty R's :P

We are talking totally ghetto, rusty frame stripped of paint, wheels that hardly spin, no brakes and bars that are thinner than, er you get me... and it weighs in at around 35lbs.

It does me well for getting to work on, I dont care about leaving it outside in bad weather and if someone was to nick it they will probably crash into something and kill themselves!

Hmmm, I've never really took to bmx's, it looks good, but the bikes in my opinion are just disgusting, all look the same and to my eye, there is just nothing special about them.

A trial bike can be tarted up to look a sexy bitch, but BMX's with just the frames that have never changed, boring colours and just generally nothing to look at...

Although, I'm always open to persuasion. Can anyone show me one to change my thoughts? :P

Search for yourself, you BMX-down-talking bitch :P

Haha, nah, you can tart BMXs up as much as you want, and BMX frames all differ, at least in geometry.

Seems a bit pot/kettle/black having a trials rider say "the frames all look the same in BMX" though :P