Im Not A Happy Bunny!

Lawnmowerman

i just went for a tap and i heard a click, i looked down and there was a crack on the bb weld.

would this be a warranty job? its a mk2 bought in may last year.

the crack isnt on the weld, its on top and it looks like the tube has puled away from it.

i`ll get pics in a minute :lol:

I think the fact you said "I was just going for a tap..." would suggest you've been giving it some beans :lol: Just check the warranty on the Ashton site, and honestly evaluate your frame. If it's the embodiment of the word "Dent-o-rific" then you might be screwed, but if it's in fairly good nick - who knows? Just call Ashton on Monday and say what's happened. They'll probably ask to see the frame, then go from there.

Good luck!

Mark.

Yeah unlucky mate, Phil Stanley (a mate of mine, also an Island Rider) did a two wheel landing off a drop (like 1 + 1/2 feet) and snapped the chainstay, his backwheel was wobbling all over the place, gawd knows what happened.

Good luck with the warranty thing :lol:

Well, in answer to your last question:

Turban

Base TA26

LB1040

The Onza T-Pro

The Monty 231 maybe?

PX Zebdi Mk.6

PX Ghost or whatever the Hell they like to call it

PX Pitbull (dunno why you'd bother though)

Short versions of the Echo frames, maybe the Urban?

So yeah, it's pretty varied. Just under £400 seems to the target for most manufacturers.

Anyway, you're positive it's a crack and not an aesthetic mistake?

It seems a little naive that there's no warranty info on their website, unless it's on the inaccessible pages relating to the frame and forks.

Mark.

I've heard mixed stuff about the Woodman, but there we go...

I'd forgotten about the Woodstock. The one I rode was beautiful, and that was like version 2 or 3 or about 1 billion from the ammount of testing they did. It's a f**kin' dialled frame. It's been in the pipeline for years, so yeah, it's only like £259 or something?

Anyway, the T-Rex would most definitely shaft your wb<1050mm thing.

Mark.

just sold my koxx today so i deffinetly dont want another. I need to get some info on the tpro, it sounds promising :lol:

ive had a go on dannys woodstock, it was quite nice but i dont like the look of it. I`m too picky!

Edited by trialsboy560

just sold my koxx today so i deffinetly dont want another. I need to get some info on the tpro, it sounds promising :lol:

ive had a go on dannys woodstock, it was quite nice but i dont like the look of it. I`m too picky!

dont matter about the look, just get one well worth it. i would be getting one next if i wasnt getting a leeson (if its ever bloody ready :lol: )

You do relise we are talking about different frames here. The woodman and woodstock are two different frames?

The woodstock is a bloody excellent frame, its not cheap at 380 with internal headset, but you pay for what you get.

The woodman is some UCI frame that ive heard of snapping, quite a bit.

i like the idea of the woodstock but its a bit too much, i would prefer to get either a good condition used frame or a cheap new frame like the t-rex. But my only problem is that the t-rex might be too long. My koxx 1065 felt too long but it could`ve been the bar/stem making it feel weird.

i like the idea of the woodstock but its a bit too much, i would prefer to get either a good condition used frame or a cheap new frame like the t-rex. But my only problem is that the t-rex might be too long. My koxx 1065 felt too long but it could`ve been the bar/stem making it feel weird.

you said you wanted a frame for under 400 and the woodstock 380 (Y) , and blooody nice mine is mint and im quite tall, but it feels really nice :lol: just buy one :lol:

Edited by rhythm_101