Music Instruments...

Rob_P

Bwahahahahaha, my new Trace Elliot combo arrived today! :D

Sounds pretty damned lush, just gotta get a feel for the EQ yet to make full use of its potential. 250 Watts of gigable joy is now mine :D

Joe x

EDIT: Oh yeah and the head part is backlit with green LEDs, PIMP!

post-1953-1164809084_thumb.jpg

Edited by Josephine

Sweet amp, is it a new one, or a vintage one? I tried out a vintage Trace and it was appsolutly lush, I only got my Ashdown because they weren't making amps at the time, and they have only just started up again?

Still running the same set up, Ibanez GSR200, Korg DT10, Aria FL10 Flanger, Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Bass, Ashdown EB15-180, I love it, but am looking into getting a Fender Jazz V, before uni I hope. :rolleyes:

Sweet amp, is it a new one, or a vintage one? I tried out a vintage Trace and it was appsolutly lush, I only got my Ashdown because they weren't making amps at the time, and they have only just started up again?

Still running the same set up, Ibanez GSR200, Korg DT10, Aria FL10 Flanger, Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Bass, Ashdown EB15-180, I love it, but am looking into getting a Fender Jazz V, before uni I hope. :rolleyes:

It's one of the new ones (Y) sounds beautiful, getting the hang of the EQ now, the thing's so bloody versatile! I played through an old school Trace this summer a few times, and I fell in love with them. This badboy doesn't disappoint.

I'm looking to get some effects sorted possibly, bass wah to start with, you recommend the crybaby?

Joe x

No, not at all, it's a great Wah, but you have to have a use for it. It's hard to actualy use it. I only bought it because it was the right price on ebay.

The Aria Flanger is an amazing pedal though, twinned with the Octave on my amp, you can get some seriously funky sounds. It's mid 80s, but they often go on ebay for about £30.

I'm looking at some distortions, but it's hard, because I play a mixture from (mainly) funk, to a bit of rock, punk and ska, finding one which covers them all is quite difficult, currently looking at the EBS Multidrive, but have yet to try one out. I have pretty much fallen in love with Stuart Zender's tone, he sounds great.

If you like Commerford, I would definately recomend the Aria FL10, unfortuantely there isn't one on ebay atm, but there wil be one soon I garuntee it.

• 2 years later...

Mega bump so we can have a thread that isn't limited to guitars...

Yamaha S series handmade upright, seriously good piano, better than most grand pianos under £20,000.

n788715190_4629375_730.jpg

n788715190_5228593_8534.jpg

1972 Steinway model D, sadly not mine but I used it for about 5 hours a day until the end of last year.

Nearly £100,000 worth of piano, the bass on it is incredible.

n788715190_5228596_9332.jpg

n788715190_5228597_9620.jpg

n788715190_4670833_9943.jpg

I also have a cheap but new upright with midi sensors under the keys so i can play fender rhodes/ hammond organ softsynths through it.

Plus a saxophone, clarinet, trumpet, xylophone and god knows what else...

Edited by adamtrials

• 1 month later...
1972 Steinway model D, sadly not mine but I used it for about 5 hours a day until the end of last year.

Nearly £100,000 worth of piano, the bass on it is incredible.

I dont really play piano. But that looks stunning, you just have to admire it really.. it ooze's quality.

I Played the Saxophone most of my life.. and i have my grade 8 coming up. For all the time that ive played it.. ive never seen a saxaphone and though "wow thats a nice saxaphone," as much as i like the instrument ive never been drawn towards a ridiculously expensive one. I do however have a yanagisawa sax.

Edited by georgieporgie

That steinway is a pretty bad example of one, it was knackered after 30 years of abuse by trainee marine pianists, though on the whole steinways aren't as fantastic as people make them out to be. All the good ones get kept by steinway in a "secret" cellar in Marylebone Lane and used for concert halls, the naff ones get sold to the public :rolleyes:

That steinway is a pretty bad example of one, it was knackered after 30 years of abuse by trainee marine pianists, though on the whole steinways aren't as fantastic as people make them out to be. All the good ones get kept by steinway in a "secret" cellar in Marylebone Lane and used for concert halls, the naff ones get sold to the public :rolleyes:

What's the going price for a concert grade piano? I'm assuming it's easily 6 figures?

What's the going price for a concert grade piano? I'm assuming it's easily 6 figures?

New, somewhere between £60,000 and £120,000 depending on the make.

You can get steinways in similar condition to the one I posted, i.e. in need of a lot of work for about £18-19,000.

A good old concert grand in great shape would be about £30-70,000 for a top make, and about £20,000 for a lesser make.

An old concert grand in need of a lot of work that isn't a steinway or a bosendorfer is about £2000 :rolleyes:

Surprisingly smaller pianos tend to hold their value better, people can fit a 6 foot piano in their house but not a 9 foot... A used 6 foot steinway would be about £50,000, a 9 foot one in the same condition would be about £30,000.

Edited by adamtrials

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can flog my two week old Fender Jazzmaster 62 re-issue? Obviously there's ebay but how likely am I to sell it on there? I bought it for £579 so as it's two weeks old I'd like to sell it for £550. Any shops or anything that buy guitars?

Cheers guys

Guys,

Been out of the music scene quite a while and am wanting a bass to just get back into and have a jam on.

Been looking for an electro/acoustic bass and came across this:

Dean Playmate

Love the look of it, and especially the price. Just wondered if anyone had any experience with one etc?

Cheers

James

• 3 years later...

MEGA BUMP...

Lets get this thread going again!

Finally got round to buying more microphone leads and stands so i now finally have chance to record my drum kit.

Any degree music students on here? I've just completed my 2nd year in music tech

Will get pics of my live room and control up soon...

Edited by Andeee