Music Instruments...

Rob_P

I know that quite a few people play drums, guitar, bass etc.

So lets see some pics of your instruments!

I play the drums and heres my kit!

gallery_4006_441_1096806637.jpg

gallery_4006_441_1096806606.jpg

Lets see yours  ;)  :(

CB Kit, Paiste Cymbals, Tama Double Pedal ;) What the hell? Whats with the shall we say rather below average kit especially compared to the pedal which if it's an iron cobra is nearly worth as much as the kit ;)

Well, Cornford's site is Flash-based so no URL image links, but yeah, check out Cornford's site 'cos it's really swish.

Our drummer's buying a new kit, can't remember what, but it's setting him back over a grand. Looks truly awesome, all black with non-cheesy flames. Way cool. However, he's only using it in his practise room or in the recording studio, so the world will never know ;)

Mark.

oooh oooh oooh, and here's my bass that's coming in December. Can't f**kin' wait.

post-91-1097772550_thumb.jpg

Our drummer's buying a new kit, can't remember what, but it's setting him back over a grand.  Looks truly awesome, all black with non-cheesy flames.  Way cool.  However, he's only using it in his practise room or in the recording studio, so the world will never know ;)

For a grand it could be a BRX or MMX if it's a Pearl ;) but if you don't know the make I can't really help ;)

My cable is wank/broken and I now need a new one. So can anybody recommend me any decent makes, I hear 'Planet Wave' are pretty good and offer a lifetime guarentee=appealing. Needs to be about 20ft I guess, no longer though. :blink:

Cheers, Haz :P

I expect it will be a spaun. They are known for their flame kits. Or could be a dw but I think a grand is a bit cheap for a dw to be honest. Id got for nearer 3 grand. Did no one look at my drum kit.... :blink:" Its on my bands site on the about us page. No that is not a Iron Cobra by the way. It's the roadpro double pedal. And i seriously doubt his kit will be a pearl if it's coming with flames. They wouldn't do a finish like that I shoudn' think.

Have to say I'm not a fan of your kit mate, but it's a good starter I guess. Could do with running batter skins, not resonants on the top though :(

James

Edited by the666ers

I expect it will be a spaun. They are known for their flame kits. Or could be a dw but I think a grand is a bit cheap for a dw to be honest. Id got for nearer 3 grand. Did no one look at my drum kit.... :blink:" Its on my bands site on the about us page. No that is not a Iron Cobra by the way. It's the roadpro double pedal. And i seriously doubt his kit will be a pearl if it's coming with flames. They wouldn't do a finish like that I shoudn' think.

Have to say I'm not a fan of your kit mate, but it's a good starter I guess. Could do with running batter skins, not resonants on the top though :P

James

Ahhhh didn't read it thought it said there were no flames for a plain black job I just thought straight off of BRXs and MMXs and it might be a 3 piece DW and it's just shells etc.

In regards to the crackling - get a new lead, its probably f**ked.

My guitar (With all its vintage charm) crackles when something's lose in the actual guitar. Either the jack connector bit is lose, or one of the pots, or just the random wiring inside.

Crackling = lose connection

Hissing/Buzzing = buggered cable

(For me anyways)

could be the lead, leads are cheap anyway so get a new one and see how that goes, if not, then you know its most probably the guitar. do what you can externally to the guitar to check to see if its something loose, like wobbly the lead when its plugged in and see what happens. might be able to locate the problem like that, try the same at the amp end too. Hope this helps. :blink:

Ash

• 2 years later...

Thought I'd bump this topic up; not enough musical goodness in chitty-chat at the moment! This is My Cort A4 with a Fender rumble 25-watt practice amp. Mic'd through a Behringer mixer with a Shure SM57 (what else could it be? :) ) for recording purposes.

Shortly gonna be getting a Trace Elliot 715 combo for gigging and practice purposes.

http://www.trace-elliot.co.uk/index.asp?st...2&strSub2=1

I'm a happy bunny :) In other news, I'm currently ripping apart everything Tim Commerford has ever touched, seriously interesting stuff in the fine detail, blues scale used left right and centre, especially in the early Rage stuff :)

Joe x

post-1953-1161780772_thumb.jpg

IPB Image

A lawsuit "Gibson" L6-S from the 70's somewhen.

Very very rare original, and the lawsuit models are even rarer. Two super humbuckers with a 6-way pup selector generates loads of different tones, even possible to crank some treble out of them! Very pleased... Vintage and rare, and not too expensive either!

Good call, ive got some new stuff anyway!

ESP Horizon NTII in STB

Ashdown FA60 head, same cab as before

Korg DT10 chromatic pedal tuner

Behringer Ultra-G DI box which i never use

Boss NS2 Noise Supressor

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edit: Janson that's gorgeous. Lovely finish too.

Edited by planetxpimp

Firstly, here's the drum kit I got when I started playing in January 2000. Premier APK Special Edition (purple haze wrap)

[attachmentid=7756]

This kit has gone to my brother in Swansea cause he wants to carry on playing.

My Pearl Masters MMX drum kit, had it for a month and a half now. All hardware and cymbals are the ones previously used on the Premier kit, but i'm getting a new crash cymbal (for obvious reasons) and I hope to buy a 14" china to go between the two crashes, lower down.

[attachmentid=7754]

Rud Ibach & Sons 19twenty-something upright piano. Unfortunately the sustain is broken at the moment :(

[attachmentid=7755]

Yamaha electronic piano, had this for about 7 or 8 years now.

[attachmentid=7757]

Peavey Grind bass, 4 string. (Peavey 15w bass practice amp to the right)

[attachmentid=7758]

Ashdown 400w 4x10" cab with a Behringer 300w head

[attachmentid=7759]

I've also got a Westfield bass but it's a bit pants and I can't fit the picture on my attachment limit.

I also have a cowbell for my drums and random percussion instruments everywhere!

post-3451-1161794732_thumb.jpg

post-3451-1161794795_thumb.jpg

post-3451-1161794918_thumb.jpg

post-3451-1161794945_thumb.jpg

post-3451-1161795018_thumb.jpg

post-3451-1161796440_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spikenipple

id post, but i may shame a lot of you :(

edit: meh, i'll post

IPB Image

my main guitar and amp (and climbing gear)

IPB Image

IPB Image

my drums, not fully set up as i have practice with swing band weekly and other bands (still want my masters :()

IPB Image

dad's set-up downstairs

IPB Image

dad's main guit'

IPB Image

guitars :P

also got more guitars round the house and an organ :)

Edited by rocktrials

• 1 month later...

BUMP :D

IPB Image

Drums:

"Dragon" kit (just some cheap thing)

Remo pinstripe skins on the toms

Remo Emperor on the snare

Symbols:

14" Zildjian Z Custom Hi Hats

15" Paiste Crash

18" K Custom Dark Crash