Music Instruments...

Rob_P

sorting out pics of my proper instruments now :ermm:

trombone

trombone again

piano

sorry about the realy poor quality, it was too dark for my realy poor quality camera :S

what do you think anyway? :ermm:"

Have you ever heard of Dennis Rollins? I did a jazz workshop run by him, he's a freakin' awesome 'freestyle' Trombonist. Check out his site (www.dennisrollins.com) for MP3s, etc.

i have never heard of him.

i have not played my trombone for ages, due to having no good music, and being pants at writing stuff :ermm:

EDIT: just downloaded the samples on his site, and it makes me want to play again! :ermm:

if only i had people to join a band with :S

Edited by fairy elephants

^^^^^^^

A man after my own heart.

I get lessons free at school and my teacher hates me because I'm 'crap' can't sight read well enough. But at the school band (have to go cos of free lessons) I always improvise, haven't played a written note in years and I've bin caught out only a few times.

Sheet music = practise for improvisation.

Mainly 'cos if you've learnt an instrument like piano, etc., you'll have been taught the 'classical' way where you get taught not to learn parts but to read them. This means they're more comfortable with the sheet music in front of them. Also, it's super useful. When I went and joined this jazz workshop thing, we had two days to learn 8 songs. I didn't 'learn' them, I just had to sight read them (like grade 8 standard too. we're talking fackin' hard), and it's really useful. And it's also pretty amazing how good some people are at sight-reading :(\

Anyway, yeah, I guess it's just what they're used to...

Mark.

...equally, if you wanna become a session musician you'll need to be able to sight-read. We're going through it in my bass lessons now, and it's not all that bad, it's just a matter of practising. It's still pretty freaking hard, but you get used to it. It's got to the stage now where I can read a sequence and not even have to think about fretting it 'cos I'll just do it, but I can't keep reading across bars at the right speed, for some reason :(

Here are my instruments of the musicness

Gibson Firebird Studio

gallery_115_99_1097195983.jpg

Epiphone LesPaul

gallery_115_99_1097196047.jpg

Peavey Bandit 112

gallery_115_99_1097196119.jpg

PedalBoard minus the Board

gallery_115_99_1097196163.jpg

*from left to right*

Boss P-Wah

Boss - Flanger

Boss - Tremolo

Boss - Blues Driver

Boss - Mega Distortion

Boss - Metal Zone

Boss - Noise Supressor

Korg DTR 1000

Ash

Edited by Onza-Ash

Here are my instruments of the musicness

Gibson Firebird Studio

gallery_115_99_1097195983.jpg

Epiphone LesPaul

gallery_115_99_1097196047.jpg

Peavey Bandit 112

gallery_115_99_1097196119.jpg

PedalBoard minus the Board

gallery_115_99_1097196163.jpg

*from left to right*

Boss P-Wah

Boss - Flanger

Boss - Tremolo

Boss - Blues Driver

Boss - Mega Distortion

Boss - Metal Zone

Boss - Noise Supressor

Korg DTR 1000

Ash

all looking abit fancy there! :(

b*****d! (Y)

And whats the point of a rackmount tuner thats on the floor? i think you should give it to me :)"

makes me cool, lol, nah, im gonna make my own pedalboard with a slot where the tuner goes into, its gonna have an intergrated powersupply and its gonna rule :P"

Ash

I've just changed my amp (Y) dont ask. I didn't like the marshall. But i've got a MosValve 100 Watt valved :P

gallery_2859_488_1097680219.jpg

what do you all think?

I'm getting some pedals but i dunno which to get. I'm thinking flange, wha wha (sp?) and metal distortion. Whatcha think? :P :-

Edited by mod661

I seem to find wah's a bit boring. Delay is a lot more versatile and cooler than flange. Whats the overdrive like on your amp? Tube distortions are usually nice.

I was gonna go get pics of my stuff, then my camera broke whilst recording at band practice, perfect.

I seem to find wah's a bit boring. Delay is a lot more versatile and cooler than flange. Whats the overdrive like on your amp? Tube distortions are usually nice.

I was gonna go get pics of my stuff, then my camera broke whilst recording at band practice, perfect.

Erm.. well! ;)

The distortion on my amp is phenominal but it needs a good clean out I think. It's abit crackley which is quite annoying and I've broke the footswitch but thats the least of my worries. ;)

It's got a little bit of dust etc on the cone but I'm thinking it might be the internal connections or my guitar, hmm.

The distortion's really good though, and it's a really powerful amp, it makes my windows shake on half drive and volume settings! :(

Any suggestions about the crackling? ;)

Cheers.

Shitty electronics? I guess it's just that if you're using a really dirty tone unless it's a good quality amp it'll probably have a bit of background noise which'll just get drowned out the louder you go?

Speaking of guitar amps - Al's decided he wants another amp to go with his Mesa Boogie Nomad, so he's getting a Cornford Hellcat head. We went and checked one out, and it's the nicest amp I have ever seen. It just looks f**kin' awesome!

http://www.cornfordamps.com or something like that. I'll try and get a pic.

Mark.