Piercings?

zoojames

I've got a few piercings... 11 currently I think. Although I've had loads of others in the past that I've variously got bored off/given up on healing/lost etc.

Currently got: labret, madonna, nostril, left ear x5, right ear x2, nipple.

Previously I've also had: another in my nostril, scaffold in my ear, eyebrow, 6mm stretched ear, several random ear piercings.

None of them really hurt. Well, except the scaffold, that f**king hurt. But only because that involved two opposite holes in the top of my ear, so one had to go through the flesh first and cartilage after...

So for flesh tunnels do I have to get my ear pierced and have a stud for a while and then get it stretched or something? And with Lips can you get a ring straight off or do you need a stud first? How long would it take for a flesh tunnel to reach 5mm and how much approx would it cost?

There are several ways of doing stretched ears, unless you really like scalpelling holes in your lobe though the easiest is to get it pierced first (properly, with a needle), wait until it heals and then buy a horn. A horn is basically a piece of shaped plastic that is pointed at one end and flares wide at the other. Essentially you slowly force this through your ear a little at a time over a period of several weeks until the hole in your ear is as big as you want it (it's important to do it slowly otherwise you could risk splitting your ear lobe). It's kind of sore, but by far the easiest way of doing it. If you ever want to close it up again you don't want to stretch it much past 6mm though - they can just keep getting bigger if you go much further than that.

For the labret piercing, you can get them done with a ring quite safely (I did with mine) but I wouldn't reccommend it. The problem with a ring is that it gets in the way and you're always knocking it, which is really uncomfortable when it's healing. Best to go with a bar first and put a ring in when it's healed (and you're a bit more used to it).

Yeah but lip is different to labret.  I think my labret is too low to have a ring through.  Not that I really want a ring anyway...

No it's not. They should be pierced in the same place no matter what jewellery you want in it. Labret is just another name for it (lip is slightly misleading as no piercing should ever actually go through the lip, or infact as close to it as some people seem to think).

Unfortunately there are a lot of dodgy piercing places about where the people really don't know what they're doing, and this breeds quite a lot of incorrect knowledge among the general public. It's also the main cause of much of the problems people have with piercings.

No it's not. They should be pierced in the same place no matter what jewellery you want in it. Labret is just another name for it (lip is slightly misleading as no piercing should ever actually go through the lip, or infact as close to it as some people seem to think).

Well OK. But if I was going to have a ring around my lip, I would want it piercing a lot higher up than it is now. Maybe it was done wrong, but I don't care :angry:

Well OK.  But if I was going to have a ring around my lip, I would want it piercing a lot higher up than it is now.  Maybe it was done wrong, but I don't care :)

Fair enough :) As long as your's is comfortable it's not really that important. Having a correct way to do it != all other ways are wrong. It's more that the "correct" way is the safest and most versatile method.

For those who are thinking about getting it done I should probably elaborate a bit more on what the correct positioning actually is:

It's pretty simple, on the inside of your mouth you can feel the fat lump which is your lip, just below this where it starts to thin out is where the piercing should go. This means with a bar the ball sits comfortable and blends in with your face, with a ring it can sit snugly to your lip. It heals much easier than higher up and, most importantly, the jewellery on the inside of your mouth is in the least likely position for it to come into contact with your teeth and gums.

haha if I turn up at my house with my piercings I will get kicked out :D so basicly I think im going to do it just before I go on holiday :D will get my eyebrow first! See what happens! My hair will have to cover it at work/school untill it heals so I can put that plastic thingy in.

I have my left Tragus pierced, 12mm Flesh Tunnel in both ears, and just a normal piercing in my right ear aswell as my tunnel..

Mite go to 14mm then stop :P

How long it take you to stretch like that sharn? I will probs get my eyebrow done when I come back from holiday! Will be a real shocker on new years when I go partying :- i hang out with a mushroom group....:P"

• 2 months later...

Bumping this up.

I got my ear pierced about a month ago, and today I started stretching it into a flesh hole with a horn. It's going ok so far. I think i've got it up to about 2.5mm in a night so fairly good going so far...

Basically I need some advice on the horn, it's all over the show as I can't get it in enough yet to stay securely so does anyone have advice on how to get it to stay in place nicely.

I've put it in from the back, the horn so it goes round the back of my ear, bled a bit but i've been very clean and careful and it's fine now, no pain anyway.

Any advice on how to keep it in place would be great.

Cheers guys (sharn, dilusional?)

James

Bumping this up.

I got my ear pierced about a month ago, and today I started stretching it into a flesh hole with a horn. It's going ok so far. I think i've got it up to about 2.5mm in a night so fairly good going so far...

Basically I need some advice on the horn, it's all over the show as I can't get it in enough yet to stay securely so does anyone have advice on how to get it to stay in place nicely.

I've put it in from the back, the horn so it goes round the back of my ear, bled a bit but i've been very clean and careful and it's fine now, no pain anyway.

Any advice on how to keep it in place would be great.

Cheers guys (sharn, dilusional?)

James

Sounds like you need an O ring, well from my small lack of knowledge on the subect.

Link...

Not quite what I need, but a good site, found some other useful bits and bobs on there (Y)

Thanks

edit: Actually thats pretty much there, I'm probably gonna buy the kit off there though as it makes life easier i expect (Y)

Edited by the666ers