Flats Or Risers?

Trials Punk

Do you prefer flat bars, or riser bars?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer flat bars, or riser bars?

• Flat Bars
    • Riser Bars

Basiccly I'm really not sure what to do. I ride mainly street, hardly ever touch the natural stuff. I've been running Brisa 29" flat bars for a while now and I'm riding in a much more streety style now, 180ing up stuff, x-ups all the generall street things. So I was wondering would I be any better off If I bought some EA70's 27" Riser bars? From peoples experiances are riser bars better for street? I'd also be running a kore 100mm stem with 10 degree rise.

From Riding Danny Smith's bike, I can say that the Onza Carbon risers are a good mix between street and 'natural' technique-y stuff. When he was riding his woodstock, he had them kinda swept back, as risers are normally (like on dirt/jump bikes). They felt great for bunnyhops and 180's etc.

I'm running the same bars now, and with them tilted forwards a bit they're awesome for more 'compy' sorta trials. They can be x-up'd nicely when swpet back as Danny had his, but they are a little more awkward to x-up when tilted forwards.

i have just changed my brisa's over to a set of race face diabolus bars. they do feel weird on my bike, but im getting a new frame which sort it all out again. they are only 1" shorter than brisa's but they feel easier to x'up with. and you can adjust the angle to get it spot on for your riding/ bike feel (Y)

I prefer risers over flats! I find flats uncomfortable and awquard (sp???) for street, especially wider ones like the brisa! It sounds that you are mainly gonna ride street, so I would go for either the ea50 or ea70s depending on how much you can afford They are well made and strong, my ea70s lasted 2.5 yrs!!

mike

get the eastons kyle, i have allways wondered why you run flat bars you fool :D

im not to sure about strengh, mine only lasted 5ish months and then they wouldnt warrenty them (Y) had to pay £20 crash replacement which isnt really right considering they have a 5 year warrenty (Y) oh well:p trying med rise now, might be a bit stronger than the high rise ones before.

get the eastons kyle, i have allways wondered why you run flat bars you fool :P

im not to sure about strengh, mine only lasted 5ish months and then they wouldnt warrenty them :mellow: had to pay £20 crash replacement which isnt really right considering they have a 5 year warrenty :blink: oh well:p trying med rise now, might be a bit stronger than the high rise ones before.

what the hell do you lot do to your bars :S

Recently, I moved from Monty flats to Koxx 'flats'. To be honest, I don't think I could go back to proper flat bars. Risers feel so much comfier in my opinion. Having said that, the change didn't better or hinder my riding in any way. The bike just felt better to ride and didn't give me as much wrist trouble.

Dave

personnaly i prefer risers

currently i run a set of 2.5inch azonic doubwalls on my base and they rock :blink:

i ran onza flatties for about 2 days and reely didnt get on with them-even on natural

i run a 100mm raceface stem by the way

im now getting some answer pro tapers (in gold of course) as azonics havent got a great reputation for strength :mellow:

however i used to own an onza t raptor and it felt great with flatties-but once i put risers on it felt horrible

try borrowing some riser bars off someone first and running them for a week or so

thats the best way to see how it compares imo

hope ive helped :S

personnaly i prefer risers

currently i run a set of 2.5inch azonic doubwalls on my base and they rock :blink:

i ran onza flatties for about 2 days and reely didnt get on with them-even on natural

i run a 100mm raceface stem by the way

im now getting some answer pro tapers (in gold of course) as azonics havent got a great reputation for strength :mellow:

however i used to own an onza t raptor and it felt great with flatties-but once i put risers on it felt horrible

try borrowing some riser bars off someone first and running them for a week or so

thats the best way to see how it compares imo

hope ive helped :S

Serioously get the onza carbon risers (£50). Ive got the onza carbon flats (£32) and they are really really nice, but the risers are nicer. By the way these both are EXACTLY the same as the pazzaz carbon flat and riser bars, which are much more expensive, but often reviewed as the ultimate bars.

Onza carbon risers are apparently lighter than the flats, too. Get some they are awesome!

• 5 months later...

I really like the shape of the new wave of competition style bars ie zoo, pazzaz, onza carbon risres etc, they are good for both street and natural.

I had the brisa elite bar and stem for a while then bought the zoo bar and stem setup as soon as it came out (stock). I can safely say i much prefer the zoo bars as they have a riser style of shape and feel, but have the width of flat bars. Best of both worlds... >_<