Let This Take 1 Minute Of Your Time

BONGO

Grow up.

you mean "yes phil, you were right but don't resort to such childish things just because the person you were debating with has walked away from the converstation without acknowledging you were correct but infact insulted you by saying "and i'm not even gonna bother with phil white" attempting to save face when he was actually wrong!"

not that its any business of yours of course!

oh and a big thanks to spacemunkee for actually reading my points and acknowledging i was talking sense!

phil.

I do have good will, I said sort out our country first. I just have different priorities. The stock piles of food and clothes in this country could be distributed right now in this country. Why not? The poor and homeless need them right now aswell but who gives two f**ks about our own people haha no-one cares about the uneducated in our country.

You are an idiot. If everyone else's countries are f**ked then ours is aswell!

You are an idiot. If everyone else's countries are f**ked then ours is aswell!

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa nelly. I dunno if your trying to make yourself sound clever or not, but what the hell are you talking about. If everyone elses countries why is ours f**ked? America becomes f**ked they withdraw their loans from all countries? That what you're going to say next.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight  :)

well thought out argument  :P

I was trying to say it was survival of the fittest now its the luck of the draw. however long ago if you had any problems you died. Now the way health care is etc people get to live longer when they would have dies a long time ago.

If you took one of these people and put them in a life style like ours they would be fine. If you took one of us and put us in a situation like theirs we'd be f**ked. But all our ancesters were at the same stage 1000's of years ago but we somehow ended up on top.

Thats what I meant.

I was trying to say it was survival of the fittest now its the luck of the draw. however long ago if you had any problems you died. Now the way health care is etc people get to live longer when they would have dies a long time ago.

If you took one of these people and put them in a life style like ours they would be fine. If you took one of us and put us in a situation like theirs we'd be f**ked. But all our ancesters were at the same stage 1000's of years ago but we somehow ended up on top.

Thats what I meant.

ahh, ok, you didn't make that very clear. Fair enough, opinion is opinion :)

Survival of the fittest is difficult to argue effectively or convincingly, as it is not us who are the architects of our own success. As “Anal Teflon” loosely pointed out, it is down to the success of our “ancestors” (by this I assume he means: people who most likely are no relation to him whatsoever, but from whom he is lucky enough to have inherited a fully industrialised country at the time of his birth). So we are lucky. That has been pretty well established; but does that fact give us the right to pull the old Survival of the fittest line? The Natural Selection, superior species ideal (nice to see relics of Nazi Germany still remain intact; the thesis of a racist bigot (by the name of Darwin), given a uniform and a gas chamber).

As for the reducing/eliminating sex argument; are you honestly saying that in their situation you would happily forgo what my well be one of life’s only pleasures? More than that, that they should be expected to forget/ignore beliefs relating to the sanctity of marriage? No. Should awareness be spread regarding the use of contraception? Yes. Is this a function of many charities? Yes. For most people this is really a no-brainer, but as you pointed out even a 10 year old could understand your argument. This is true, a ten year old probably could, however you should expect that a more intelligent and compassionate human being, hopefully like most members of this forum would find obvious flaws in your argument; as no doubt most have.

That's what I mean, think how little it would take to fix our country compared to the amount to fix Africa etc. Do ours first then theirs and it will work better.

I suppose it's a nice idea, but I think if the government could "fix" our problems by just throwing money at them, then they would have done it ages ago. There are always going to be people living on the street, criminals, people generally being dickheads. It's human nature and not something the government can fix :)

you mean "yes phil, you were right but don't resort to such childish things just because the person you were debating with has walked away from the converstation without acknowledging you were correct but infact insulted you by saying "and i'm not even gonna bother with phil white" attempting to save face when he was actually wrong!"

You, Sir, are completely missing the point. Whether or not they should have children is irrelevant. It's the fact that you propose marching in there with your big rod of justice and telling people what they're allowed to do. It's bullshit. And that's without going into the fact that these poor families probably weren't expecting to live in such poor conditions. Add to that the culture in other countries (It's probably seen as natural to have children - Quite rightly imho) and I have a pretty f**king strong argument. I think it would probably be wasted on you though...

National Debt Clock

and some more info for you

:)"

Anyway, this seems to be mixing up two mostly separate items. The tidal wave relief effort should not be confused with getting rid of third world debt. Indonesia isn't even in the third world.

Do you not think these are incredibly trivial when compared to millions dying of starvation and disease, with infections like HIV showing no signs of coming under control and countless numbers not even having access to a clean water supply?

Sorry dude, but one person I know dying of something preventable makes a lot more of an impression than millions in another country. Selfish, I know, but that's human nature.

what about the child! not the parent the CHILD! thats what all my arguments are about the child doesn't deserve to be born into poverty and starvation! it isn't fair and its needless suffering!

agreed.

Thats the point though our ancesters got their finger out their arse and took advantage of what they had

Yes, but taking advantage of what they had seemed to at one point or another, mean going out and colonising most of the countries who are now struggling, because we fancied a bit more of an empire. Don't you think we owe them some help (preferably not monetary) since we pretty much stopped any natural development in its tracks for sugar plantations and the like. Does the word 'slave' sound familiar?

the only thing you've probably done is bought the band aid single

trust me when i say that i very much doubt it :P

Survival of the fittest is difficult to argue effectively or convincingly, as it is not us who are the architects of our own success. As “Anal Teflon” loosely pointed out, it is down to the success of our “ancestors” (by this I assume he means: people who most likely are no relation to him whatsoever, but from whom he is lucky enough to have inherited a fully industrialised country at the time of his birth). So we are lucky. That has been pretty well established; but does that fact give us the right to pull the old Survival of the fittest line? The Natural Selection, superior species ideal (nice to see relics of Nazi Germany still remain intact; the thesis of a racist bigot (by the name of Darwin), given a uniform and a gas chamber).

Nicely put, and it's good to see you've been watching some tv documentaries on 'the real Darwin' to flavour your prose. Fairdos though, i've been to the site of one of the concentration camps, and there are no words to describe the feelings you get when you walk through the 'shower block'.

And that's without going into the fact that these poor families probably weren't expecting to live in such poor conditions. Add to that the culture in other countries (It's probably seen as natural to have children - Quite rightly imho) and I have a pretty f**king strong argument.

But no one in their right mind would want to bring a child into the world where all they will know is suffering. That is pure selfishness on the part of the adults. In fact, it seems that quite a lot of the blame lies with the men, as since becoming aware of the West, all a lot of them seem to want to do is drink and gamble their lives away, leaving wifey to bring up the kids and take care of the livelihood.

I wish i could write as much for the project i've got to get started on...

Andy

Summary: We should help the heavily indebted countries because we or our ancestors have profited from putting them in that position in the first place. But ffs don't just give them money.

We profited from them because we were more advanced. Do you not think if the tables were turned they wouldn't have done the same thing? (see both can play at this turning tables bollocks)

Maybe we should start releasing cows into the wild to let them devlop naturally. Not likely is it? were are all living beings. Who decideds who get the best things? The superiour of the species.

Look up the origin of HIV. Shit happens but certain things are brought onto people through their own fault.

You, Sir, are completely missing the point.  Whether or not they should have children is irrelevant.  It's the fact that you propose marching in there with your big rod of justice and telling people what they're allowed to do.  It's bullshit.  And that's without going into the fact that these poor families probably weren't expecting to live in such poor conditions.  Add to that the culture in other countries (It's probably seen as natural to have children - Quite rightly imho) and I have a pretty f**king strong argument.  I think it would probably be wasted on you though...

ok,

read through my posts in this topic and for once read them carefully. you will notice that at no point did i suggest marching in and telling them not to have children or using birth control! i've basically said every time THE PARENT SHOULD REALISE THAT GIVING BIRTH TO A CHILD IS POINTLESS AND IS AS GOOD AS MURDER (COMMON SENSE REALLY)!

*1st quote, "why dont they start by helping themselves and stop shagging"

*2nd quote, "If they stop giving birth to children who will eventually end up on one of those adverts, crying and dying from starvation then perhaps they could feed a few more of those who are alive and starving now! thus keeping people alive thus helping themselves!"

*3rd quote, "How can they watch there own children die and there families children die then go and have a shag and give birth to another poor little b*****d just to watch him slowly die from malnutrition!"

as you can see from the three quotes i'm talking about them taking responsibility themselves and stopping the needless suffering and death of a child by not shagging!

i never said anything about marching in and telling them what to do via birth control or whatever!

it seems you're so eager to be correct that you're actually making things up so you can argue with me!lmao.

not too bright are you matey!

Edited by phil white

i'll take that as a "thakyou for correcting me! my apologies for jumping the gun"

weeeeeellllllllll, apology accepted. :)

we should expect a better attitude from a senior member imo! a real man can admit when he's wrong mo fo! :)

How can an opinion be wrong? I can honestly say Tomm is one of the SMs who I really do respect, and he is very intelligent. So stop with your idiotic "I know you are but what am I" type arguments

How can an opinion be wrong? I can honestly say Tomm is one of the SMs who I really do respect, and he is very intelligent. So stop with your idiotic "I know you are but what am I" type arguments

not another person who doesn't read before replying, that isn't about his opinion its about him accusing me of saying something i didn't!

stop bum licking tomm as its obvious you are trying to get brownie points because you said some stoopid shit earlier in this topic and pissed him off!

that was a fine debate imo, i feel like a weight is lifted off my shoulders now!

thanks azeurus.

not another person who doesn't read before replying, that isn't about his opinion its about him accusing me of saying something i didn't!

stop bum licking tomm as its obvious you are trying to get brownie points because you said some stoopid shit earlier in this topic and pissed him off!

that was a fine debate imo, i feel like a weight is lifted off my shoulders now!

thanks azeurus.

Oh yes, I'll bum lick one SM and act like a twat everywhere else. That'll get me so many brownie points. :) So because I like Tomm, I'm bum licking. Maybe if I liked him in a certain way I might do. But I don't. Oh and my points still stand, I think this country sorted before we fanny about in other countries affairs. There will always be criminals but paying for more police, and better training for the police = less criminals and they're caught faster. Same with drugs, stop the import of them and then it's harder for people to get hold of them.

No-one has pissed me off in this topic, you're coming close though :). MrMonkey can believe what he wants. Whether or not I agree with him is a different matter. But he wasn't being a dick about it...

If you want to take that as an apology, then go for it :)

No-one has pissed me off in this topic, you're coming close though :).  MrMonkey can believe what he wants.  Whether or not I agree with him is a different matter.  But he wasn't being a dick about it...

If you want to take that as an apology, then go for it :P

why are you getting angry?

over a debate?

i was merely pointing out imperfections in your side of the argument, fair doos i was rubbing it in a bit, but it's all banter mate(fun),

you shouldn't expect any less than what i wrote as you did both tell me to "shut up" and shrug my points off as pointless. which was very childish and annoyed me and it seems that i am better at winding people up than you are by the way you are reacting!

once again just a bit of banter mate, but i still think you should acknowledge my point and agree you did jump the gun a liccle bit!

ta, phil.

Edited by phil white

lol, the first one is a question you dumb bum, i wanted to know why he was getting angry! over the debate or on a personal basis!

back to school me thinks monkey!

I just read it as one question though, "Why are you getting angry over a debate?" Like to say, "Whoa foo' no need to get nasty over this here shit, calm yowself dawg" I ain't saying you talk like that either.

I'm not getting angry at all. I don't really get angry. Annoyed is a different thing, but like I said, I'm not really annoyed yet :)

it seems that i am better at winding people up than you are

Good for you. I wasn't trying to wind you up though. That's not the name of the game...