Exeter V Man U

Bigman

Right, i have just, for the first time ever in my life watched some of a match of football, this is when i realised, even more how shit these REALY high paid players are, Man U have just played 2 games against club that, in alot of peoples opinions they should have walked over, and did they, OH NO, exeter have faught them all the way, after the draw of the first game, and now where they only just beat them by 2 nil, (the last goal in final 5mins). This is a bunch of 18-25 year old "professional" football players (Man U) verses a bunch of 25-35 year olds, who play football as a secondary to there actual jobs.

SO, geting to my actual point:

Do all these High paid football players deserve what they get paid, when they struggle to beat a "saturday club"?

In my opinion, they do not deserve it at all, they should earn money by actualy working for it, and not kicking a shitty little leather ball around.

Sorry for the rant

Adam

I think if you watched more games Adam you would see that normally the small teams have a lot of chances and this is because they have nothing to lose so they take more chances.

It would have been great to see Exeter score a goal but we all no that Man U were going to win in the end.

Twas a good match

In reply to dh131286 no they're not a full time team

Edited by Xdream

football is a massive Business because of how popular it is. If the players dont get the money it just goes into the pockets of the fatcat chairman's and shareholders. But I do think football would be a lot better if it was less about Business and more about sport. A lot of Players dont have the same intense motivation to win, as long as they get paid so they can buy another sports car or whatever thats all that matters . But thats the way football has gone and nothing can change that.

They should do what they do with the NFL. There's a cap on wages, plus the team that finishes the lowest in the league (without being relegated of course) gets first choice of players for the next season. All american football clubs get the same share of money as well, so over here in the Premiership Crystal Palace and Chelsea would recieve the same money from the FA and television rights despite Chelsea being on tv more often.

Anyway, football is a great sport. It's important to consider that Man U play about 70 games a season compared to Exeter's 38. Pus if Exeter's striker has an affair we wont find out about it... Wayne rooney on the other hand.

It's very diffucult to compare these two teams. Exeter had nothing to lose by getting knocked out, Man U did.

yeah but NFL players still make stupid amounts of money don't they? they might have a wage cap but its still sky high (as far as i know). Without relegation football would be so boring (many people on here already think it is :() I dont want to see the same teams every year and theres no competition for lower teams who couldnt get promoted.

Per year... cant be right...

Anyway: http://www.howstuffworks.com/question644.htm

So ~$70million for 55-60 players = just over $1million a year each. Not that bad actually :( Although signing on fees top it up a bit! ($10mil+!)

From my above post... minimum might be $400,000 a year. I seem to remember 400k from somewhere anyway :-

yeah but NFL players still make stupid amounts of money don't they? they might have a wage cap but its still sky high (as far as i know). Without relegation football would be so boring (many people on here already think it is :() I dont want to see the same teams every year and theres no competition for lower teams who couldnt get promoted.

I'm not sure exactly how it works, I'll have to speak to my friend in America. I'm sure they DO have relegation, and the teams who come up, and the teams that almost got relegated have first pick on new players.

This makes the league a lot tighter which is why the superbowl has been won by 8 clubs in the last 12 years as opposed to the Premiership which has been won by Arsenal, Man U and Blackburn, or the FA Cup which has been won by Only Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in recent years.

I'm sure they DO have relegation, and the teams who come up, and the teams that almost got relegated have first pick on new players.

Theres something very similar in basketball too - the lower teams have first pick of the 'new' players to come out of colleges etc, evens things up well.

the exeter players are still stupidly good don't forget. i played for a plymouth argyle youth side against an exeter team, including nigel mansells son and they whipped us, we were supposed to be the best in cornwall.many of them play now.

these two games are the reason why the fa cup is the best football competition in the world, minor teams can beat the huge teams purely because of the occasion.

they try alot harder and have nothing to lose, also man u are used to playing against other amazing sides where they are more organised so can put moves together, exeter are going nuts and closing down every ball not giving them any time and its alot scrappier than the prem so its a whole different situation for them.

if exeter where in the prem they would get a dicking every game without a doubt.

Right, i have just, for the first time ever in my life watched some of a match of football, this is when i realised, even more how shit these REALY high paid players are, Man U have just played 2 games against club that, in alot of peoples opinions they should have walked over, and did they, OH NO, exeter have faught them all the way, after the draw of the first game, and now where they only just beat them by 2 nil, (the last goal in final 5mins). This is a bunch of 18-25 year old "professional" football players (Man U) verses a bunch of 25-35 year olds, who play football as a secondary to there actual jobs.

SO, geting to my actual point:

Do all these High paid football players deserve what they get paid, when they struggle to beat a "saturday club"?

In my opinion, they do not deserve it at all, they should earn money by actualy working for it, and not kicking a shitty little leather ball around.

Sorry for the rant

Adam

At the end of the day, being paid millions to kick an inflated piece of leather is a joke anyway, regardless of skill...

Football imo, is boring as fook anyway, why watch 22 men kick a ball? ooh the excitement :(

At the end of the day, being paid millions to kick an inflated piece of leather is a joke anyway, regardless of skill...

Football imo, is boring as fook anyway, why watch 22 men kick a ball? ooh the excitement :(

Don't be stupid, anybody can be negative...

What's the point of jumping on walls with a bike, it's not like the wall was in your way you could easily ride around it. Oh yeah that's right, you do it because you enjoy it, which is how ALL footballers start out. One day David Beckham got signed by Man U in the same way that one day Ed Tongue got sponsered by Pashley.

The only difference is the amount of money floating about, and that's simply because football is a bigger sport. Lets face it, most people on here would love trials to get the same support as football because then most of us would be pros. I'm jealous and I can admit it, but I also like football so don't have an issue.