Braded Hoses

Sketchy

The crossover hose on my magura has split. I would like to replace it with a braded one. Is it possible to buy the crossover hose and connectors as a set or do i have to buy a whole new hose.

If anyone can help out with prices, makes, and where abouts then id be grateful.

this is the set i have, it is really good imo :ermm:

http://www.supercycles.co.uk/site_details.asp?ProductID=394

i dont think you can buy the crossover pipe on it own  :mellow:

there is also goodridge and monty hosing i think.

Will

arent the Unex uns ment to leek between the braided part?

Ring up/e-mail Goodridge for spare parts, i.e that little bit that you need

goodride dont do crossovers. i got a braided cross over made up a while back from a place called pirtek in swindon but im sure you will have one around you. just go in there and ask.

i took in the fittings that you put in the normal black hosing and they just "pressed" a baided bit of hose on. if you get me

arent the Unex uns ment to leek between the braided part?

Ring up/e-mail Goodridge for spare parts, i.e that little bit that you need

i dont think they are meant to leak :ermm: , but some of them might do.

(i've had two sets and both of them have been leak free :mellow: )

Will

goodride dont do crossovers. i got a braided cross over made up a while back from a place called pirtek in swindon but im sure you will have one around you. just go in there and ask.

i took in the fittings that you put in the normal black hosing and they just "pressed" a baided bit of hose on. if you get me

yeah 'Pirtek' are a national company

(we service a few of their vans at work)

good idea i think i might try get them to do some for me and a few mates.

Goodridge

if you go for goodridge, that's what you need. you can get a unex bridge hose seperately (that's what i've done) the goodridge hoses are good, the lever return is slower than brakes with standard plastic hosing, but it's not really a problem. They are a bit of a bitch to fit, so make sure you have some decent cable cutters because if the braided steel gets frayed and nasty, the fittings are nearly impossible to screw on

Magura original ones are the best i've found, the goodrich are very thin diameter in the middle and tend to be a bit slower, ask james!

I say maugra is it is what I, ive heard nasty things about unex but ive not used it.

Stu

If you use a magura cross-over and keep the normal main line, you'll need to change the fitting on the end of the line.

I've had very few problems with my Magura braided stuff (One set I have is about 5 years old now)

Jon