Gilles Coustellier joins KOXX.fr

KOXX-UK

would be fun to see coust and koxx coming together to form the tits of a frame

Weirdest phrase ever? :)

Does anyone know if Gilles is still under contract with Onza for riding mod? I'm guessing he's gonna ride Koxx XTP's or summat if he is, but thought I'd check...

Speaking of - how come they're only doing stock signature frames? They've got Benito Ros and Rafal Kurmorowski (sp?) both on mod at least, so why not let them design something? Could even design one for Atsuya - a standard Levelboss with a big wheelie bar sitting out the back so the videos of constant wheelieing are even more boring :(\

I'm so sure the Beleay frame is just a koxx LB with a custom paintjob on it, which looks gastly anyway......  :(

I've been riding the Kenny for about two months now. It is totally different to a level boss, the build is closer to an XTP. I'm not sure if some have been looking at the photographs of the pre prod. model taken at Koxx days 04 when they complain about the paint job. In reality its an attractive bike, ask those who saw it at the indoor what they thought.

Gilles will be riding an XTP long, he already has it. No info yet on what the Coustellier pro model will be like, but it will be to his own design.

Ben.

So Savage will you have your own signature frame aswell?

May be in the future, not sure I'm ready for it yet. Its the older team members who have their own frames. They have all had a go at development in the past, so have experience of putting thoughts into mm's and degrees. I have found that growing or putting on weight through training changes my set up, have wait till thats over.

Ben.

There really isnt alot more riders left is there that are not already riding for Koxx is there? Like everyone has been saying the frames are just sweet and the Team is just going to be unstoppable this year!!

Seriously looking forward to the bike show in a few months times, I'm thinking this could be one of the best yet in the way of trial riders there and I bet that the course will be one to die for aswell!!

Kev

yeah but theres something big missing from the koxx team that i can't see them getting any time soon... a rider like ryan leech/the goon

all the koxx riders are all uci heads and thats sooo boring, great for comps but jesus the only difference between one rider and the next is the height of their side hop, at least guys like the goon are original and push themselves to try new moves. really not impressed with any of what koxx are doing, they will rule the worlds the same way monty used to and everyone ended up hating monty for it...

be different - ride a steel street frame with a seat :P

All the koxx riders are all uci heads and thats sooo boring, great for comps but jesus the only difference between one rider and the next is the height of their side hop, at least guys like the goon are original and push themselves to try new moves.  really not impressed with any of what koxx are doing, they will rule the worlds the same way monty used to and everyone ended up hating monty for it...

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you organising a Trial competition? Seems like a pretty wierd kind of opinion to have if you seem to not like that kind of riding . . .

And it seems that you're being "different" by copying other people who claim to be doing something different, and then why should people be different? If they want to ride a long low and silver frame, let them. If they want to ride a short streety kinda bike, let them, there seems to be way too much prejudice about such a teeny tiny sport.

at least guys like the goon are original and push themselves to try new moves.

be different - ride a steel street frame with a seat :-

So you think when Vincent Hermance or any of the Koxx team riders goes out to ride, they don't push themselves? Also i think they are always trying to learn new techniques/moves to get over/up stuff.

As for the "be different - ride a steel street frame with a seat". Why? Loads of people like and want to ride long low frames with no seats, so let them.

Stan.

So you're like all the street riders instead? :P

Anyway, they do have different styles and stuff - it's the same way that you could say most UK street riders just do the same stuff to be fair. If you don't like the style you won't like it no matter who does it, so it doesn't matter.

If they developed frames like the Choco more they might do better, but seeing as it seems Hermance is the main KoxxSt rider they might be f**ked, in fairness.

this is the thing that is pissing me off about trials in the uk now, almost all the riders are going to the uci (when i say uci i mean uci/biu comp style) silver frame brigade and those of us who still ride street the old skool way are made to feel like we're not proper trials riders.

there were messages earlier in this thread that made out koxx had the best team in the world. yeah thats true if your closed minded enough to only view biu/uci riders as riders worth making up a good team.

yeah raub i am organising trials events and all i've got off alot of riders is 'that wasn't big enough' or 'all we're interested in is rocks and uci/biu comp stuff' and what i want to do is make people realise there is more top trials than the purest thing that the koxx blokes do. yes what they do is pretty big and impressive but no one seems to give credit where credits due, there is more to trials than 56" side hops!

i love the fact so many people have thrown my comments back at me because it shows i've raised a point alot of people are unhappy to have seen raised, yeah i ride street like other street riders do and no i do not pull orignial moves when i go riding but i'm also not getting stuck into this elitest style of only being good on a bike if you can sidehop 50"+ etc.

try to look outside the box, if you dont like the fact i want all aspects of trials included then i would suggest NWBTC events are not for you, i will not exlude a rider because they have 21gears, a 17" frame and can't sidehop but that doesn't mean if you ride a koxx and can side hop 50" your not welcome because everyone is welcome to the events and when i say everyone i mean everyone.

360 bunny hops and manuals were biketrials moves before 90% of TF members even started riding trials - dont be so narrow minded to think that only your type of riding is biketrials!

Dear god, someone's moved teams, let's all argue to what trials is or not.

Is it neccessary?

P.s. Good luck to Giles. :wink2: :-

as good a place as any to start the topic and i think its one worth discussing :S

i get the feeling i'm the only one who see's it from my perspective though :P"