What's Your Bmi

MrMonkey

:P  what?! i thought my lame 30" was skinny  :P  :blink:

It's all about your body composition though. Like mine is WAY off what it should be naturally... I'm not really skinny at all lol, my chest is over a foot bigger than my waist... I'd post a picture but.... uhhh :P

Kerry Getz is a Pro Skater and he has 1%. Quite shocking really healthy.

1% = dead

It's humanly impossible to drop below 3%, you have fat around your organs and heart that you need to live. Even people who starve to death still have over 3% bodyfat.

EDIT: I'd also like to add it's partly my genetics, I've NEVER been over 5% bodyfat in my life. Even before I started, like when i was 14-15 years old etc. My body just metabolises fat near perfectly...

1% = dead

It's humanly impossible to drop below 3%, you have fat around your organs and heart that you need to live. Even people who starve to death still have over 3% bodyfat.

EDIT: I'd also like to add it's partly my genetics, I've NEVER been over 5% bodyfat in my life. Even before I started, like when i was 14-15 years old etc. My body just metabolises fat near perfectly...

Yet he went to a health clinic and they said his body fat was 1%.

Fat and proud at BMI 32!

Anyone that knows me will confirm that I'm far from fat. Despite getting bored of Judo a few years ago I haven't lost the physique. Just proving that BMI doesn't always tell you something meanful!

On the same website it points out other measureables to take into accound like the hip to waist ratio.

I'm definately not planning on dieting anytime soon!

Steve

P.S. Alexx you must post pics of the new you! It sounds like you've undergone a phenomal bulking up since I visited you in Cleethorpes!

Mine is 25.6, so I am at the top end of 'healthy,' yet I have a 29" waist and approx 7% fat. :blink:

Post a pic Alexx! Sounds like you have been doing some serious work.

Haha, Steve is a fatty! (And I am well mature :"> )

1% fat! That is an absolute impossiblity, like Alexx said, you retain fat around your vital organs, which counts for more than 1% alone.

Joel

The values have changed a bit. When I did my training the 'healthy' bracket was 19.0-24.9! But accordin to that site its 20.7-27.8! :blink:

My BMI by the way is 28.9! But then I am 14stone, 5ft10 with 12% body fat. Also the 'healthy' body fat range for blokes from 18-29 (which i think most on here fit into) is 10%-20%