What's Your Bmi

MrMonkey

183cm, 69kg, 30-32" waist = 20.6bmi

:blink: im underweight

did weight about 79kg a few weeks ago, sodding glandular fever...

Seb

ps still think it all rubbish, did it a couple of year back when i wad the same height but like 60kg making me anorexic but... i ate loads, it would be hard to eat anymore than i do...

But how tall are you? If I'm taller I'm more stickish.

BMI is standard, height doesn't matter, thats part of the equation. Unless your just talking about waist size... :P In which case I'd 'out stick' you all :P :)

Yet he went to a health clinic and they said his body fat was 1%.

Yeah... :blink: ... Right

Even the top level pro bodybuilders, like Arnold in his prime at Mr Universe etc only get down to about 3.5% bodyfat. 1% is physically impossible. Bodyfat % indicated the total % of your body that is fat, you NEED at least 3% to live, fat has functions...

BMI is standard, height doesn't matter, thats part of the equation. Unless your just talking about waist size... :P In which case I'd 'out stick' you all  :P  :)

Yeah...  :blink: ... Right

Even the top level pro bodybuilders, like Arnold in his prime at Mr Universe etc only get down to about 3.5% bodyfat. 1% is physically impossible. Bodyfat % indicated the total % of your body that is fat, you NEED at least 3% to live, fat has functions...

It was on TV, I can only go off what I've seen I'm just saying I seen it on TV and that's what it said.

Mine was more than 25 last time i did it. Its a decent indicator for average people, but for more active people, its crap.

I think i worked out 'Shadow' from Gladiators' BMI once - came to 'Sevely Obese', haha.

Thats because muscle weighs more than fat isn't it? So if your really fit you'll probably come out as over weight since you have lots of muscle and not much fat.

:wub:

Thats because muscle weighs more than fat isn't it?  So if your really fit you'll probably come out as over weight since you have lots of muscle and not much fat.

:wub:

Bang on, That or your actually pretty muscular and strong and your just 'average' on the BMI because you have so little fat, and holding so little water etc.

BMI is only a REALLY average estimate, it's pretty out-dated and not used profesionally much anymore.