Jay-z & Linkin Park

eMAyaRKay

OK, can I call it shite because:

1.  Linkin Park's music is utter shite.  Every song follows the same boring formula.  It'll be that guy rapping for a sorta verse part, then the "Singer" guy "singing" (properly loose term there) for a sort of chorus, then repeat that to the sound of guitars with so much distortion it's hard to hear what they're actually playing, topped off with some shit sorta synth effects to thicken the texture.  My friends were well into Linkin Park so I had to listen to f**king albums of the stuff.  It made me want to hurt Linkin Park.  It's lack of inventiveness and originality is second only to the majority of pop music.

2.  Jay-Z is a tool.  Just look at his 'lyrics'.  Same pointless crap repeated.  How delightful.

No, I haven't heard their collaboration.  If I get drunk I might download it, but that's unlikely.  Shit + shit = proper shit.

I agree with the fact that its just jay-z rapping, then linkin park doing a chorus...and i personally dont like many of the songs at all. But i do like jay-z.... does it really matter about the lyrics THAT much? I love a lot of his music personally, sounds well put together to me.....just personal choice i suppose.

I agree with the fact that its just jay-z rapping, then linkin park doing a chorus...and i personally dont like many of the songs at all. But i do like jay-z.... does it really matter about the lyrics THAT much? I love a lot of his music personally, sounds well put together to me.....just personal choice i suppose.

To me lyrics are the most important part of a song. If the lyrics don't have a meaning it isn't music in my opinion.

OK, can I call it shite because:

1.  Linkin Park's music is utter shite.  Every song follows the same boring formula.  It'll be that guy rapping for a sorta verse part, then the "Singer" guy "singing" (properly loose term there) for a sort of chorus, then repeat that to the sound of guitars with so much distortion it's hard to hear what they're actually playing, topped off with some shit sorta synth effects to thicken the texture.  My friends were well into Linkin Park so I had to listen to f**king albums of the stuff.  It made me want to hurt Linkin Park.  It's lack of inventiveness and originality is second only to the majority of pop music.

I wasn't talking about the collaboration in "point 1", I was saying that there's those two 'lyricists' in Linkin Park, and they always do the same shit in every song.

I wasn't talking about the collaboration in "point 1", I was saying that there's those two 'lyricists' in Linkin Park, and they always do the same shit in every song.

Oh right.......well with jay-z and linkin park its pretty much just jay-z rapping,then linkin park doing a chorus.....etc etc.

What are they actually rapping about though :wub:

If you feelin like a pimp nigga, go and brush your shoulders off

Ladies is pimps too, go and brush your shoulders off

Niggaz is crazy baby, don't forget that boy told you

Get, that, dirt off your shoulder

Good ol' code tags:)

Well i'll go rock my socks off to some songs with developed backing and quality lyrics, nigga whut!

lol I love how the <? in the corner of the Code box actually sums up how I felt :wub:

That's the thing - what's the point in having lyrics if they're not going to mean anything? Might as well just go "oooh oooh oooh", but choral shit like that went out in the baroque period...

I'm not that impressed with Frances The Mute by TMV to be honest.

I got the first pirate versions around on bit torrent, and I think they took what made them stand out and exaggerated it waaaay too much.

Having long songs and trippy effects worked great, but then they changed from 8 mins songs to 30 min songs, often with 5 minutes of feedback.

Its a great idea they first had, but they took it too far.

I'm loving some of the shred Omar plays though.

How can you call some guy literally "talking" about guns, niggaz and drugs and say its lyrically impressive? Making up a word to rhyme with the previous lyric is not big, nor clever. It makes me sick how they rap about how they are so big and great and how everyone needs them, and you can't interrupt them and say, "Are you aware that your biggest fan as is twelve year old boys?" I bet they'd feel well big n' proppa with their minor homies, hmm...

I think my opininon is deeply biased on the fact that im appreciating the Mars Volta as I write this...

"Blingety Bling"

I have only heard one song, i think its 'encore/faint' (the one thats always on kerrang/scuzz) but its crap and honestly downright lazy, they haven't even bothered to write new songs, just cut and paste two songs together. But then i ain't a fan of either, so the chances of liking it were slim, but if they had written some songs together, you i would have given credit for that.

It ain't exactly something new either :(

'bring tha noise'

mike

Rappers arent all gangstas though you know.........theres a lot of rap which is really good stuff, and they dont *always :( * rap about guns and being really cool.

Saying that... rap does make you feel good (well it does to me anyway) partly because they are saying all this good stuff about themselves. I dunno why, but it does... and in my opinion rapping about how they think theyre great is better than some guy whining about how he hates his life in some grunge music these days.

Meh

Edited by Nozmeister

Rappers arent all gangstas though you know.........theres a lot of rap which is really good stuff, and they dont *always  :( * rap about guns and being really cool.

Saying that... rap does make you feel good (well it does to me anyway) partly because they are saying all this good stuff about themselves. I dunno why, but it does... and in my opinion rapping about how they think theyre great is better than some guy whining about how he hates his life in some grunge music these days.

Meh

Thats a good point, thinking about it, i dont like lyrics that talk about how the person feels about themselves in some sort of attention seeking way at all. It seems babyish and unimaginative. It does annoy me when rappers rap about how noone else is like them and how we need them, it seems ironic that loads of rappers think there is noone like them, when in essence, their all the same!

As for rappers arent all gansters, name me a nice rapper, who nutures and embraces his neighbours, whatever their creed or colour! I cant imagine a rap video, where a group of rappers go out giving flowers to strangers

Thats a good point, thinking about it, i dont like lyrics that talk about how the person feels about themselves in some sort of attention seeking way at all. It seems babyish and unimaginative. It does annoy me when rappers rap about how noone else is like them and how we need them, it seems ironic that loads of rappers think there is noone like them, when in essence, their all the same!

As for rappers arent all gansters, name me a nice rapper, who nutures and embraces his neighbours, whatever their creed or colour! I cant imagine a rap video, where a group of rappers go out giving flowers to strangers

Gangstarr (OK, he sounds like hes a gangsta by his name, but hes not, lol!)

Listen to gangstarr - moment of truth

ummm, a tribe called quest, de la soul...

Gangstarr (OK, he sounds like hes a gangsta by his name, but hes not, lol!)

Listen to gangstarr - moment of truth

ummm, a tribe called quest, de la soul...

Tribe are definitely on my playlist..... all of their tunes :D)

Gangstarr is actually: Guru (the MC) and DJ Premier - it's a duo-act. They are brilliant, as both the lyrics and the tunes are very imaginative....and DJ Premier is a wicked scratch-dj too....

It's an amazing song really good when you mix rock and rap the last time that it happened was when aerosmith and run dmc made that song walk this way.

Er..... Rage Against The Machine? Perfect match of metal/rock & rap. Nothing cheesy, or electronically synthed - just pure guitars, drums & vocals. Gotta love it.

It's an amazing song really good when you mix rock and rap the last time that it happened was when aerosmith and run dmc made that song walk this way.

The only decent thing about that song was the video - friggin' hillarious! For those who haven't seen it, the 2 groups are trying a band practice in rooms next to each other....each trying to blast the other one out by turning up the volume....

The only decent thing about that song was the video - friggin' hillarious! For those who haven't seen it, the 2 groups are trying a band practice in rooms next to each other....each trying to blast the other one out by turning up the volume....

:) the song rules, it a great update of a aerosmith classic and also pratically relauched Aerosmiths career! I agree the video is awesome as well!

It's an amazing song really good when you mix rock and rap the last time that it happened was when aerosmith and run dmc made that song walk this way

I am actually shocked that you said that! what about the last 6/7 years all the crap we have had:

limp bizkit

cypress hill's dust and bones album

x-encutioers

that crap band that covered 'i got the power' (EDIT: JUST REMEMBERED IT WAS H-BLOXX)

crazytown

papa roach

p.o.d

the kennerdy soundtrack

and a million other bands...

plus it was happening way before the whole rap-metal thing came about. Generally L.A Glamsters Faster Pussycat are regarded as having the first rap-rock song with 'babylon' on there s/t debut B)

and of course beastie boys had a couple in the 80s. Hell even Duff McCagen did it on his 1993 (i think) solo album believe in me! even axl rose used to throw a rap in the middle of rocket queen during the use your illusion tour!

though if you want to listen to a really really good rap rock song (actually the best one ever) download

'bring the noise' by anthrax and public enemy

but yeah rap rock does generally work best when its a rap and rock artist collaborating, rather than a rocker trying to rap or rap artist trying to rock!

mike

Edited by leedstrials