Poole

that NBR dude

Its still in the pipeline at the moment, but I have a meeting with the Head of Poole Council, to discuss my thoughts and ideas.

Anyway, This is just to test the water, and see who would be willing to come and enter.

It will be in Poole somewhere, so it will be literally minutes away from the Station.

Competition wise, there will be a choice of 2 routes, easy and hard, and all who enter MUST hold a current ACU, or have Parental consent (unless you're over 18), and there will be an insane fee of £3.

We have decided to scrap the time limit on each section, and instead follow motorcycle trials more, and have an overall time in which to finish all sections. For every 30 seconds you go over that set time, 1 dab will be added.

Thats the general jist of it, so now its down to you guys.

If you are interested in attending (assuming it goes ahead) please leave your details in this thread, so I can pass them on to the council, to show what kind of interest this will generate.

Also feel free to leave any comments, suggestions, even section plans. Im doing this for you guys, so tell me what you want!!

Thats pretty much all for now, but I will update once I have spoken to the council.

Andy

Edited by NBRtrials.tk

What about doing it YMSA-style so you have to start at 11am and finish at 3-4pm (whichever), and have 2 minutes per section? 'cos otherwise, if there's horrific queueing you're all up shit creek?

Sounds like a good idea otherwise, good luck with it.

Is this trial natural or street?

I'll be there :P only a short drive for me

Running it by motorbike rules is a great idea, I guess it will be like the British Champs but without the timed sections (Y) (Y)

Edit- were abouts in Poole would it be held?

Edited by Xdream

Thanks for the interest so far guys :P

It will be sometime during the summer, but dont know any dates yet.

Im trying to get it in Baiter Park, just past the main coast line of the quay side, near Baiter Skate park.

It will be a bit of a mix of everything, with a section on the rocks by the coast, and other sections made from objects donated from my good friends at demolition sites and breakers yards.

We are looking at stuff along the lines of:

Skips

Spools

Cars

Pallettes

Tyres

Oil Drums

Sleepers

and anything else I can lay my hands on.

I will speak to people about the time limit issue, and see what people think about it (Y)

Have a skatepark section, that would be so revolutionary, there are loads of lines in the skatepark anyway!

As for the competition, Baiter park is a big space of grass, 30 seconds from the harbour. There are LOADS of rocks, and although they're quite small and technical, an abundance of sections could be made.

The idea of cars and stuff sounds great. I will defitnitely not miss this, I'm already wet with excitement... sorry. If you need help setting up the day before, I'd be up for that as well.

Stephen.

probably of no use, but just thought i'd mention that poole has THE BEST outdoor mini ramp i have ever ridden. In between 2 road bridges, on the side of the road, a metal mini of two levels with coping that slopes down to the lower level.

It is so fit lol

john

probably of no use, but just thought i'd mention that poole has THE BEST outdoor mini ramp i have ever ridden.  In between 2 road bridges, on the side of the road, a metal mini of two levels with coping that slopes down to the lower level.

It is so fit lol

john

You should ride the Skate Park in Baiter. They have 2 quater pipes connected together and all sorts.

A skate park section does sound cool, but I dont thik the council would like me closing the park down for a day :P

i might come :P. the more people who come to this and support it the better. help advertise our sport a bit more. and show the council how many riders there are that need events like this all around the country.

aust

What about doing it YMSA-style so you have to start at 11am and finish at 3-4pm (whichever), and have 2 minutes per section?  'cos otherwise, if there's horrific queueing you're all up shit creek?

Sounds like a good idea otherwise, good luck with it.

To solve this problem of queueing, people have suggested that you can do the sections in any order.

This way, it should reduce the chance of there being lots of riders at one section, and none at another. It will spread them out a bit more.

Also, Im not fussed about wheel size, so 24"ers feel free to enter as well.