Indoor Bike Battle

i was gonna go...

but it's the jibjam (which i'm filming for my dvd) that nite which doesn't end til like 12pm

and although in newport going overnight through darkest wales doesn't seem worth it :blink:

damnit

Edited by the boon

i was gonna go...

but it's the jibjam (which i'm filming for my dvd) that nite which doesn't end til like 12pm

and although in newport going overnight through darkest wales doesn't seem worth it :(

damnit

Isn't the jibjam on saturday and the indoor comp on sunday, you could do both, bit of a treck though.

phil.

right for those who haven't got the confirmed detaisl:

location - the old john brights sports hall, llandudno (check the rides gallery for the directions poster)

times - sat 12-8.30pm, 3 sessions, session 1 12-2.30pm session 2 3-5.30pm and the final session 6til8.30pm. 4 marshals needed for each session, anyone who marshals one session will get free entry to ride in the next session

sun - competition day, hall opens at 12, comp starts at 1. no riding before the comp starts.

format - max 30 riders for the comp, split into 3 groups of 10. group one will compete between 1and 1.30pm, group 2 between 1.45 and 2.15pm and group 3 2.30 and 3pm. if you miss your slot you miss your run. each rider will get one 2 minute run to impress the judges as much as they can, to clarify, all riders will have an equal chance of winning. after the event is over and so long as the set up is still safe to ride the hall will be open to riders again for a free jam.

prizes - individual prizes to be comfimed but there will be brake pads from heatsink, bike parts from select bikes and clothing from howies :(

rules and regs - all competiton riders must wear a helmet and are encouraged to wear gloves and other protective gear. for the practice sessions all riders under 18 must wear a helmet, anyone over 18 can make their own descision. there will be a maximum of 30 riders admitted to each practice session, this is to stop the crowding problem we had at the last event. the music will play through the whole of sat but will be ALOT quieter than last time and on the sunday music will play during the comp depending on whether the overall concencuss (sp?) is for it or not. you do not need a license to enter the event.

costs:

club membership - £15

entry costs:

practice - £3 non members, £1 members, free if you've marshalled a session

comp - £5 non members, £2 members

spectators at the comp 50p, practice free. this charge is to discourage the liocal scallies from coming along and causing trouble, if your too tight to pay 50p to watch then sorry but this is the only way we can see keeping the event scally free :)

there will be a refreshment table at the event all day saturday and all day sunday

i think that covers eveything, if not put up a message and i'll answer your questions

cheers

tom

seriously dude, I am looking forward to this shizzle should be the bizzle?

what llandudno street like? arsey people/cops/fake cops  :blink:

mike

Is great in dudno, not too much variety but lots of similar things. Also some quality natural. Never had any trouble with anyone while riding there. What i reckon is more up your street though is rhos on sea (colwyn bay) now thats some quality riding :angry:

Pete

Sorry I havn't phoned you tom, I will soon .

Phil.

no worries phil, meeting is tommorrow night so either phone me at home at half 6 to give me sponsorship details so i can share them at the meeting or call me later in the evening and i'll fill you in on what happened at the meet...

entry and membership costs, just something worth pointing out:

if you become a club member (£15) you pay member entry fees instead of full entry

if you pay in advance for one practice session, comp entry and club membership it will cost you £18, if you do not become a member entry to one practice and the comp will cost £8 so in effect the membership will only cost £10 if paid up before the event. membership runs end april to end april so if you join now your getting 6 weeks free...

anyone wanting to book practice or comp entry early needs to pm/email me and i'll send out entry forms. membership can also be paid up early on the same form...

you say £8 for one practise session and the comp, what about just one of the indoor sessions? were coming down thinking of riding ogwen int day and catching the last indoor session. sunday not sure, checking out the comp etc, more natural, bit of street...anything could happen

doesnt matter, i scrolled down that site and saw prices etc

Edited by DrEvil270183

Have you decided not to be BIU affiliated then??

If so I was wondering what other method you are using to insure the events

I'm not having a rag I'm just intrested as a fellow trials oraganiser (Y)

we are currently running under council insurance which covers us for everything we want to do. when we have sufficient funds we will be taking out our own insurance pollicy at a cost of approx £750 a year, thats why we need to make sure we have members and a regular turn out before we fork out for insurance.

practice sessions cost £3 per session if your not a member...

hey all the locals and liverpool lot, we're on for section building this weekend, same venue sat from 10.30, sunday from when i get out of bed :P

bring your bike, helmet and a big bag full of inspiration, we're gonna make this next event a good un. (just managed to blag 70 blue pallets for the weekend!!!)

if your not a local or haven't spoken to me about coming this weekend then PM me first, i won't be happy with randoms turning up un invited :P"

if anyone feels the need to bring a kettle,some milk, tea bags and biscuits then feel free, i'll probably have too many other things to think about to remember those essentials :P

lol, I saw that on google, looks gash.

Mine is much nicer :P

I will be driving to the event, so you will all be able to see it.

I cant wait, if I am invited of course :o

man your as legend, of course your invited. is crazy tim coming too? ali you are welcome to all our events but if you ever throw up on me i will keep your bike! oh yeah and you losing your shoes might have to become a regular thing!!!

righto prizes ave started arriving in nice big boxes, i just hiope theres enoguh of you coming to give the prizes to...

entry is on the day, an Q's just pm me or call me ON FRIDAY, SATURDAY OR SUNDAY ONLY on 07732053219

rmember if you are likely to show up for more than one event in the future becoming a club member will probably save you money, club membership is £15 and gets you discounted entry to events and comps aswell as making you eligble for the members only prize at each event >_<

tom

I think I will become a member now that I can drive my self to the comps, can you supply me with the forms at the event?

I think Tim and dan smith are comming on sunday as they are working on sat.

yeah ali no probs mate, i'll have club membership forms with me fri,sat and sun...