Justice For Dj!

forum mum

Well today was the Trial for the Second Driver involved in causing the Death of DJ.

He was found GUILTY! and sentenced to jail for 7 years and banned from driving for 10 years (not that he should have ever driven in the first place as it turns out he has never had a licence!!!!)

Watch South Today news at 6.30 for the verdict and it might be on the main news too.

Love to everyone

Sue (DJ's mum)

Ride in Peace my darling. Ride High and Free :- (Y)

Wheeler nearly brought a tear to my eye at work when he rang me at 12:40 before the final sentance...

I am surpprised and happy about this. I found it hard getting my head round two people getting found guilty for death by dangerous driving but Sam said a couple of things that made it all clear.

The main thing I want to know is when does the driving ban start? If it starts straight away there will be 7 years when he is in prison when he cant drive anyway, so when he gets out he will effectively only have a 3 year driving ban. So is it 10 year driving ban from the day he gets out of prison?!?!

Dammit I was at work till 7 and didnt know South Today would be covering it (Y) Hopefully it will be on the later one, if its on I might be able to get it ripped to the internet...

"Tic"

I think 7 years is quite good but I think that he should of got more as its just another form of murder really if you get what I mean! He gets whatever comes to him! Hope he has a nice time in prison! I never knew DJ but seems like a proper legend!

Rob :- (Y)

The driving ban starts from today, and he is only likely to serve 3 and half years, which is when he is eligible for parole at that time, then he will be out on licence until 3/4 of the 7 years. BUT if he reoffends he will have to serve the whole of the 7 years. He has never had a licence so the police feel it is likely that he will reoffend as he feels he is better than the law.

Its frustrating but that is how it is......no length of sentence will ever be enough.

The 16 (now 17 year old) is only going to serve 2 years of the 4 year sentence and his driving ban of 6 years started on October 26 2004.

If you want to know anymore please ask we are willing to answer any questions we can but i would prefer you to pm me thanks.

Love Sue :- (Y)

Ride in Peace darling Angel, Ride High and Free x x x x

Wow. Watching that really brought a tear to my eye (Y)

I have the utmost respect for you, Sue, Charlie and Em, for managing to keep your composure during the interviews. I know myself, and many other people would not have the guts and determination to do that.

Watching the clip of DJ's bike laying in the road like that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, and all the thoughts that I felt on the first day came flooding straight back at me.

I hope that the closure of both these court cases has somewhat eased your concerns. I am glad to see that some justice has finally been done. I know it hardly seems fair that they both got such short sentances, but as Em said, its as much as anybody could have hoped for really.

R.I.P DJ :-

Wow. Watching that really brought a tear to my eye :-

I have the utmost respect for you, Sue, Charlie and Em, for managing to keep your composure during the interviews. I know myself, and many other people would not have the guts and determination to do that.

Watching the clip of DJ's bike laying in the road like that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, and all the thoughts that I felt on the first day came flooding straight back at me.

I hope that the closure of both these court cases has somewhat eased your concerns. I am glad to see that some justice has finally been done. I know it hardly seems fair that they both got such short sentances, but as Em said, its as much as anybody could have hoped for really.

R.I.P DJ :-

Exactley the same as what george said.

The video brought a tear to my eye (Y)

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

RIDE IN PEACE MAN (Y)

I can't really say anything that hasn't been said already, but that was a really good report. It was really cool how they did it, with the bit about the funeral (600 people! I didn't realise it was that many), I think they did a really good job. Anyway, I'll stop my unimportant ramblings, and just say that I'll be thinking of you guys (Sue Charles and Em) today

RIP (Y)

grrr watching his face made me want to punch him. He thought he was going to get away with it right up to the end, when they said guilty on all accounts i just felt soooo relieved because i thought he was going to get off. When he got told he would get longer than armstrong he had a look on his face as if to say ' for f*ck sake' he booted the door on the way out of court...like thats going to help.

When I heard his criminal record, i got sooo mad, you should have heard some of the stuff he had done!

And i can't believe his girlfriend shouted at sue on the way out!

As for the tv interviews..... how glad am I that they cut out the bit where they say 'can you describe dj' and i burst into tears.

Anyway I hope you all know everything that could have been done to get a long sentence was done and DJ will be ok now.

*hugs* to you all cos I need them!