Moped Topic (continued)

Mark W

OK, just reposting this so that it can kinda keep on track. Basically, the help given so far:

if your gonna get a ped then an aerox is quite nice. Onli sit up and beg old lady type ped i'd of ever bought, i don't like the feet in foot well thing   

1) De-restrict

2)New exhaust, Leovinchi are the ones to look for they make the Rs,ZX,RR and S pipes.

-a) You get rollers with you exhaust, Diff sizes. 1 Set will give you slightly improved acceleration and others will give you better top end.

[Ok this is the grey area, as i never had a ped then im just guessing some of this ok]

3) Gear up kit, This not onli give you ped a wikid sound, its like a wirling sound. It also gives you a constent rev band as far as i know, So you dont have that Ring ding ding din VARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. If im correct it just gots VARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

4) Bore it out ::Not best idea:: <<Can get it bored out to a 70cc or an 80cc Could have you ped doing about 75mph to 80mph but because the increased bore the rest of the engine should be stripped down and re built with 80cc parts, If not then the engine will die and prob run dry on oil and seize (known by the moped bois as 'I blew my engine up innit' )

5) Lightweight.Anything you don't need get it off!!! If i had a ped i'd have a Day time M.O.T Which allows you till drive it on the road in day light hours onli as you most likly know. Then you don't have to have front head lights or any of that fooie Saves you some major weight, Then buy a racing front fairin which would come in plain white plastic and is just smoothed off so you can't fit lights on it with that fairling. Get it color matched and sprayed.

6) Racing cluth and variator, Mopeds run a Centrifugal clutch (automatic) so i guess a racing clutch would just be a quicker engaging clutch.

Go to Wh-smiths and buy a copy of Twist and Go magazine, It has everything you could want in there ^^^^^hopfully some of that gives you some ideas and or helps. Im still stickin to my car thou  and then when i got the money gettin a 120cc 4 stroke, Mini dirtbike. 4 speed manual gear box. top speed of about 60mph so it will piss over the normaly de ristricted mopeds

There was also

Please dont bother with an aerox!!! theyre the biggest pile of shit on the planet 

The amount of completely f**ked ones we have at work is unbelievable and when you do damage it it will cost a bomb to repair it.

If your gonna get a ped go for either and nrg mc3 or a typhoon. They seem to last ages from what ive seen

So yeah, if it could just be about helping him with the moped he's going to get, that'd be good...

Mark.

you wont get 65mph out of a 50cc aerox, your probably thinking about kmph :)

From what ive seen its not worth f**king about with them, youll probably need to get a big bore kit fitted with is pretty expensive and makes your engine sieze all the time meaning youll need engine rebuilds left, right and centre (Y)

you wont get 65mph out of a 50cc aerox, your probably thinking about kmph :)

From what ive seen its not worth f**king about with them, youll probably need to get a big bore kit fitted with is pretty expensive and makes your engine sieze all the time meaning youll need engine rebuilds left, right and centre (Y)

no thats wat i got, also i no a few people with speedfight's and they have done bout 60mph

you'll only get laughed at more if you 'do up' your little 2 wheeled milkshake blender because everyone will know you have wasted loads of money trying to make it up to an acceptable speed because you are simply too young to own a car!

respect to the lads who accept their age and just want an aid to get around and keep em standard. You can't look cool on a ped. gimpage is compulsary (Y).

Also, people double the speed, but never touch the tyres or brakes which are suddenly being used at much higher levels than intended. you can argue its safe, but you would never catch me on a bike. f**kin death traps.

john

Yeah, sadly i'm thinking of getting a moped untill i'm 17, just to get to 6th form. (A good 10 miles away!)

All i'm looking for is something that is (in order of desirability)

Cheap (to start with, and for spares etc)

Petrol Econamy

*Miss a few million imaginary points*

Looks cool.

If anyone could point me in the direction of something suitable, just cheap, and does the job. I'm really not into that "i can get an extra MPH by adding this burberry exhaust pipe" thing.

2nd hand is expected, so if anyone knows anywhere decent? Autotrader?

Thanks, Mike. (Y)

Get a little moped, leave it standard, then next year get a car (Y)

But I had a Gilera Runner SP50 and I could get 65 out of that (de-restricted), very nice ped aswell. Really good quality and that, everything was so smooth and that compared to alot of peds.

Edited by CH!P

I work in a twist and go shop in Hull called Scootique.

The aerox is a really good machine i even have one my self but under the MBK Nitro name (same bike diffrent panels)

THEY WILL DO 60MPH!! with just a derestriction as long as u let the engine run in before you do it.

no need to upgrade any parts but make sure u get it re jetted when u de-restict last thing u wanna do is seize it.

I work in a twist and go shop in Hull called Scootique.

The aerox is a really good machine i even have one my self but under the MBK Nitro name (same bike diffrent panels)

THEY WILL DO 60MPH!! with just a derestriction as long as u let the engine run in before you do it.

no need to upgrade any parts but make sure u get it re jetted when u de-restict last thing u wanna do is seize it.

thank you!!!! :ermm:

Not meaning to argue, but "Could have you ped doing about 75mph to 80mph". Are you sure? My DT125 Crosser will only do 80, and thats a 125?

And where did the first thread go anyway

That wasn't the advice I gave in that thread, so you'd probably wanna take it up with whoever posted it originally (can't remember).

I may or may not have unintentionally clicked Delete Topic instead of Delete Selected Posts when cutting out the crap from the last one. :ermm:"

Not meaning to argue, but "Could have you ped doing about 75mph to 80mph". Are you sure? My DT125 Crosser will only do 80, and thats a 125?

And where did the first thread go anyway

If you had read my post, You will notice that it not onli said now this is a grey area, but the 70-80mph was a rough idea of what you could get out of the ped after all that has been done. Don't tell me it wont because my mates had a 'Playstation aerox' He'd kitted it completely and it was flat lining on the clock but he was followed by my mate on a 250 and on his clock it read 80mph. Speed-o's never read correctly once you get around 80mph mark they normaly read abotu 5-10% out over about 80mph But for argument sake it was doing about 75 - 80

Your DT Is a short geared Crosser, Its ment for well i'd say road use as it doubt its powerfull enuff to do propper crossing. But Its short geared to have low down power for off roading, So it will not get the best top speed. Crossers will never get a major top speed. im not making a cold hearted stab at you DT but if you think about it crossers are all about short gears and low down power. Ryan capes current world record holder for distance jumped on a motorcycle from ramp to a landin trasittion made of earth is 260ft, He was doing that on a 125 i think and he was onli doing 70mph i think, Hes now tryin to break his record and go 300ft and he'll onli be doing 80mph. ryan capes is officialy a nuttah.

A 120cc 4 stroke mini dirtbike, 4 gear manual will do 60 standard, so when i get one im gonna go pee all over the lil 50 bois.

close the f**king topic......f**k it

all i wanted was a lil info, as an enquiry and i get all this shit

f**k it

I tryed to help you mate. I agree, there are some very pathetic people on this forum. As we are all joined to this forum by our love for riding then you think they'd help out as much as they can. Lol I am a memeber on a Moddified car cruise website as well as here, The people on there i'd expect to be total chavs and hate all noob's and dilike us if we didn't have cars. There more helpfull and they don't care that mopeds are crap or that you don't have a car. As long as everybody is in it for the same thing, the love of cars and/or moddin cars.

So like yo can see at the top mate i stuck done some ideas.

Edited by KoxXy

If you had read my post, You will notice that it not onli said now this is a grey area, but the 70-80mph was a rough idea of what you could get out of the ped after all that has been done. Don't tell me it wont because my mates had a 'Playstation aerox' He'd kitted it completely and it was flat lining on the clock but he was followed by my mate on a 250 and on his clock it read 80mph. Speed-o's never read correctly once you get around 80mph mark they normaly read abotu 5-10% out over about 80mph But for argument sake it was doing about 75 - 80

Your DT Is a short geared Crosser, Its ment for well i'd say road use as it doubt its powerfull enuff to do propper crossing. But Its short geared to have low down power for off roading, So it will not get the best top speed. Crossers will never get a major top speed. im not making a cold hearted stab at you DT but if you think about it crossers are all about short gears and low down power. Ryan capes current world record holder for distance jumped on a motorcycle from ramp to a landin trasittion made of earth is 260ft, He was doing that on a 125 i think and he was onli doing 70mph i think, Hes now tryin to break his record and go 300ft and he'll onli be doing 80mph. ryan capes is officialy a nuttah.

I never said it wouldn't, I just wanted to check as it didn't seem realistic.

I haven't got the DT yet anyway, and I know you weren't having a stab, I was just saying you're better off waiting and getting one, they are a decent size, look 100 times better than any ped and sound nicer in comparison. Nobody can tell me they like the sound of Ped's, they sound awful.

For people commuting they are fine, but I really don't see the point in modifying. if a DT can do 75 - 80 standard, imagine once you mod that... 90 odd?

You don't really need to mod anyway, as its illegal to break speed limits :ermm:

Edited by MadManMike

lso illegal to deristric a moped if you under 17 and on L plates (Y) and can get pulled over for having Zx, RR, S ,Rs exhausts cause there not road legal. If you ever heard or seen of tecni gas exhaust u will get tugged if you fit one cause there none baffle race pipes for exhausts

chrome expanstion chamber / pipe with a mirror blu can on the end.

im waitin till im 21 so i can do direct access and get my full lisence and start out on a 600cc then after a year or so up grade to the 1000's :ermm:

In the mean time im gonna try pick up a Mini Dirt bike, 120cc 4 gear menual, 4 stroke. And start crossing to get some experience of riding. Then go with my dad on the Honda racing Off roading experience. :- gonna be gr8. might even compeat in a local amature comp on mini dirt bikes if i feel im good enuff. But i gotta focus on gettin my car first.

Yeah, sadly i'm thinking of getting a moped untill i'm 17, just to get to 6th form. (A good 10 miles away!)

All i'm looking for is something that is (in order of desirability)

Cheap (to start with, and for spares etc)

Petrol Econamy

*Miss a few million imaginary points*

Looks cool.

If anyone could point me in the direction of something suitable, just cheap, and does the job. I'm really not into that "i can get an extra MPH by adding this burberry exhaust pipe" thing.

2nd hand is expected, so if anyone knows anywhere decent? Autotrader?

Thanks, Mike. :ermm:

Yo, I got a ped when i was 16 as a run around. Got it for £450 second hand out of the autotrader. In the 11 months I had it I had one new tyre, a set of brake pads, adjusted the rear brake once and fitted an aftermarket exhaust as my own developed a hole then split.

It was an Aprilia Rally, not the nicest looking scooter around but in my opinion very reliable and one of the faster scooters as a few of my mates had Aerox's, Speedfights and it passed them if needed...

aprilia-rally-50-3.jpg

Brakes are very good and the tyres that come on them look like they would be more suited to off road but are excellent in the wet.

Speed when i got it (was de restricted) was 50mph and once i got the new exhaust it dont 56mph but accelerated awfully slow.

No such problem spots on this scooter other than if a front light bulb would go it takes quite a bit of hassle to get at.

Forks are little upside down units which are quite plush and reliable and rear shock is the same, all in all one of the most comfertable and direct feeling scooters ive felt.