Gt-85 Magura Bleed

Mark W

Hi,

Sikamon's coming down here tomorrow so I can bleed his brakes, but he wants to do it with GT-85. Does anyone know how to go about doing it with GT-85? I know how to bleed Maguras, etc., but how do you convert a spray-lube into lovely, hose-filling brake fluid?

Thanks for any help,

Mark.

I was thinking that might work, but wasn't sure if it'd evaporate or anything  :">

Ah well, getting high from fumes in the bike shop.  How delightful (Y)

Yeah, as said just spray it into a jam jar. I find it "collects" the most actual liquid (instead of evaporating/not "sticking" to the rest of the liquid), by doing it like this:

gallery_715_55_6211.jpg

Spray close to the jar, and at an angle, so it's close, but got lots of surface area.

Just something i'd add.

Oh, when my syringe broke, i developed a way of partially sucking the water up the tube with my mouth, then pushing it back down. Let's just say when tried with GT85... (Y)

Mike.

Yeah, like syphoning petrol.  When MY syringe broke I was tempted, but the mere smell of Magura blood made me wanna chuck up, so actually ingesting/taking it into my mouth seemed a like 100% shit idea (Y)

Ah, but actually getting it into my mouth wasn't part of the idea!! (Y)

There's an old saying that goes a bit like this...

'If it aint broke, don't fix it'

theres nothing wrong with magura blood as long as it's bled correctly. So why bother with GT85 ?

Also, doesn't the fact that GT85 is a solvent fill you with doubt about seals and the like?

Just give your mate a clip round the ear and tell him to use magura blood :turned:

You son need a clib about the ear, the propelant in gt85 is a solvent, BUT the the oil isn't and the oil is what's going in the maggie.  :turned:"  (Y)

true, except gt-85 also has pfte in it which will try and stick to surfaces inside the brake and will go sticky, wd-40 is the way ahead for thin oil in brakes. I am still running water in mine, and have been for 2 years with no problems.