Kmc Chain

boon racoon

I have a KMC thin chain (off supercycles..it's to be run with gears)

How do I go about joining it? I have got these connecter links..so I shorten it then put these on to join it? Or can i do away with these and join it at a male/female end with black pins that are already in there?

Wanna know which is the more common / stronger way of doing it cos I don't wanna end up with a dodgy chain.

Cheers

Boon(e)

I have a KMC thin chain (off supercycles..it's to be run with gears)

How do I go about joining it? I have got these connecter links..so I shorten it then put these on to join it? Or can i do away with these and join it at a male/female end with black pins that are already in there?

Wanna know which is the more common / stronger way of doing it cos I don't wanna end up with a dodgy chain.

Cheers

Boon(e)

personally i donot use the connector links, i just shorten it and then join it by using the pins that 'are already there in there'

the kmc connector is a stong beast!

when my kmc kool chain snapped it did so at the middle of the chain, so that isnt a problem :D

i wouldnt join it with a chain tool because you wont get it as strong as all the other links that a machine has joined.

and the weakest link is the one thats gunna snap :D

cheers.

Will

P.S. which version of the chain is it? thin? fat?

if you got a good chain tool use that but the conector's aint that week. i use them if im in a rush or somthing. but would prefer the proper joining way. just be carefull not to split the outer link when re joining the chain, i found that kmc's somthimes do that.