Photography Or Graphic Design

nohpee°

hey all

For my HND i have to prove i have done some work outside of my course.

I have done all of the heatsink stuff but I'm in need of more.

Anyone got any graphic design work needed or any photography doing? Not just related to bikes, although it could be.

cheers

ally

If Ally is too busy then feel free to contact me, Nick I'll do you those banners if you want.

And yeah, when you get a porject brief, you decide how much work its going to be, and then set a price, if I said £10 per logo I make, then you wanted me to make a really complex one, it's going to be "worth" more than a logo I make thats just a logotype (A logo made only of text), but if I've said £10 then its £10, which is unfair.

If anybody ever needs websites/logos/corporate identities creating, and magazine articles or anything at all graphics based feel free to give me an email, hermitdesign@gmail.com

Jon

Not to piss on your fire, but you need work for a portfolio, and charging for that isn't the way to go about it.

Hell, im even waiting to work for free at my first job, as every web designer will face when entering into the proper at work trade. You work for free, or don't work.

Sorry, but you need portfolio material, not cash in the pocket. Stop asking for money and make people some stuff. You won't even lose that much as the money you will gain later on, from the portfolio you create now will be worth a lot more then charging and not getting a portfolio, and thus no job.

Im all for charging if the job is massive, but for little banners or something, i really can't see the point.

Meh, just my opinion, if you want to charge, and it works, then don't so no obviously, but just incase.

Thinking about it, I couldnt agree more Si. If its freelance then yeah, feel free to charge for stuff, but if its for a portfolio you ought to be doing it for free.

Matt I'll do a DJ series logo if you want?

If anyone wants anything then email me, my prices start at £0 and theyre negotiable.

If Ally is too busy then feel free to contact me, Nick I'll do you those banners if you want.

And yeah, when you get a porject brief, you decide how much work its going to be, and then set a price, if I said £10 per logo I make, then you wanted me to make a really complex one, it's going to be "worth" more than a logo I make thats just a logotype (A logo made only of text), but if I've said £10 then its £10, which is unfair.

If anybody ever needs websites/logos/corporate identities creating, and magazine articles or anything at all graphics based feel free to give me an email, hermitdesign@gmail.com

Jon

Love the way Jon barges in to offer his "better" services! LOL

portfolios sorted, got too much stuff.

its just i have to forfill this crap about dealing with clients, money etc.

done stuff for mags etc, but they are monthly which is annoying, just thought i'd ask you boys.

chill

Ah, well if you have to show you can deal with money paying clients, then i can fully understand, its just i thought it was for the portfolio.

Thinking about it, I couldnt agree more Si. If its freelance then yeah, feel free to charge for stuff, but if its for a portfolio you ought to be doing it for free.

Matt I'll do a DJ series logo if you want?

If anyone wants anything then email me, my prices start at £0 and theyre negotiable.

Go for it mate :o

if you could send me some of your past work or some designs for the logo then I can get an idea of what I want and how good you are :P

look forward to hearing from you :P

Go for it mate :o

if you could send me some of your past work or some designs for the logo then I can get an idea of what I want and how good you are :P

look forward to hearing from you :P

Jon is really good, and now he's grasped (very tightly) CSS and is improving with his styles websites and images made by him are very very good. Me and him made up http://www.wytrials.co.uk in an evening, which i'd say is pretty impressive.

The banners were more complex before but not suiting to the website so I've changed them recently. The Iframe, rollovers and design was his idea :P

Anyway. Summary - hermitdesigns are good :P:D

Some good design work goin on there guys. Especially liking the "welcome/come in". simple but effective. thats what its all about. You guys at uni or what? I ask because im in my final year of a Graphic Design degree at Falmouth College of Arts, and i agree, expecting money for things like that is a bit of a waste of time, you just want to bulk up ur folio really. A close friend of mine has just done a project for channel 4 ideas factory with a budget of 25k and only recieved £400, which is peanuts. should've got 10% at least, but it looks fat in his folio so he aint complaining.

Rob

ps. at least u lucky buggars have time to do extra design work on the side! damn you! (Y)

Edited by rathergoodpie