What Scares You?

mrs dj

Last night scares me:

I was going down a large hill in Hastings (Not a rare sight, the place is the hilliest ever!)

Anyway, bombing down this hill, approaching a junction. I must admit I tend to ride "Boy racer" style and brake late and hard. Well I did this, my rear V Brake (Brand New Avid!!) decides to explode (Well, come apart, obviously not actually explode)...

So I have just my front HS33, and about 10 yards to stop before I hit this main road. I flew out into the main road and luckily there were no cars....

My heart was thumping for the next hour. lol...

Lesson learnt: Don't brake hard and fast at the last minute. It's not big OR clever.

I am scared of the dark, deep water (you never know what monsters are in there!) and flying makes me a bit nervous.

I also hate rejection, maybe thats why I have never asked anyone out :S

One thing that really scares me is having to live independantly! I dont think I would last a month without people to help me organise my bills, tax, insurance etc.

Also, I am really scared of breaking my neck and being parolised, that would be a nightmare!

being sick, if i fell a little sick i get proppa nervous and end up aking myself even sicker.

oh and going to the dentist which i found out when i was SUPPOSED to have twp teeth taken out >_< didnt go well ... got to go back in april to ave em out, then two more after that (N) i'm bricking it :ermm: i ahte it being in that cahir and they turn you almost upside down. i guess it's because i cant sit there and not do anything if i think something is gonna hurt. i dont know how people can throw them selves off buildings and shoot thereselves and shit.

Edited by trialsking 55

You know when you swim in the sea and theres all yuck sea weed, I absolutely hate that, don't like letting my feet touch it (infact I wear trainers and still keep my feet out of it) because i'm scared of what little creepy shites are in the stuff that want to attack me.

Also what koxxy said on the first page, sad but true.

The feeling you get when your going over the bars when theres a drop infront, like landing a big gap to a rail and dropping the front wheel or a few times riding dh in like rockgardens because your in the air and all you can see is rocks.

That sewage you get in the sea thats sort of foam is horrible too, i'm so scared of swallowing any when i go surfing (even though you know the waters full of it- bit irrational really but i guess a lot of fears are).

I reaaaaaly hate cotton wool aswell, i'm cringeing just thinking about it >_<

... Or if you feel yourself cut yourself.. the blade slicing.. the initial panic of whether it's a severe cut or just small...

Some people can get addicted to doing that on purpose.

Having a car acident and hurting the passengers is sort of a worry more then a fear >_<

But my worst is eye balls. People touching/poking/rubbing makes me have to look away. girls putting on eye liner and mascara freaks me out. People pulling there eye lids / flaps away from there eyes so you can see the eye ball. :ermm:

No so much scared of hurting my self or getting hurt. People who know me well would say i have total disregard for my safety, which isn't good i suppose.

i was SUPPOSED to have twp teeth taken out >_< didnt go well ... got to go back in april to ave em out, then two more after that  (N)  i'm bricking it :ermm: i ahte it being in that cahir and they turn you almost upside down.

I had to have 4 teeth out at once! Me and my mum thought I'd have 2 out at the most at one time, but 4!!

The things that scare me are:

Heights - that feeling that you can't balance near a big drop and feeling like you're gonna go off it (bit like the front wheel dropping when trials riding).

I don't like spiders much and the dark can be scary at times. I sliced my finger open the other day getting it stuck in my disk rotor. That was scary cos you don't know if you've cut it bad or broken it until the blood starts bleeding or the pain comes, luckily it healed up and was fine.

Sounds funny, but girls are scary. I get really nervous and shy when I want to ask a girl out. It's actually really un-nerving. Probably the fear of rejection.

Edited by Trials Tom

Last night I got the geebers scared out of me when i was sitting there at about 1 in the morning and there was a repetitive banging on a window. This scared me enough. Then when I went to pull the curtan back there was a realy loud knock on the window just as I pulled it back. So then I jusped in bed and hid under the covers. :">

Still dont know what it was.

Also I am into alot of whater sports. I have it when you are in VERy deep water and you are kicking your feet so stay up and you end up kicking something under the water. You know it is not the bottom, and you know it is just someting floating around but you just cant help but think that there is some other living or even dead thing in the water with you.

Tom

Edited by Chris@Onza rider

I'm utterly terrified at the thought of developing a mental disorder . Or at least my psychiatric state worsening . It can happen , that a persons's mind just "snaps"  instantly , and they are left in a state of permament psychosis . Even with no history of mental disturbance in the family , this can just occur , causing schizophrenia , manic depression or intermittent psychotic episodes .

Just be thankful. That what you described can only be described as f**ked up shit, it can f**k someone up beyond treatment. Give me mind over body anyday of the week.