Indoor Even At Wales

DrZebdi

After riding the indoor competition at wales this weekend I felt as thow I had to post on here. The course was well made and well set out and the competition was great fun! There was just one big problem, most people on here find it impossible to leave the keyboard and go to such a competition even thow the organisers put so much effort into it. The comp turned out in the end to be between a group of mates who all ride together alot, ie me, ally c, aran cook, tim stedman and adam (tims team mate) out of all of TF we where pritty much all the riders there and we dont even come on here often! There are so many people on here talkin day in and day out how good it would be to have an indoor course then when people put the effort in to make one they dont make the effort to go! I just cant believe it.

If the people who put this one together decide to run another one I really do hope some people off here make the effort to go. Alot of people say they dont enter comps because they ride street, yet they dont ride street comps either...... beats me. There was some crazy riding done, essecially by Tim who came out with a decent scar!

I would be really interested to hear why people didn't go, cos I cant work it out. Its close to a train station so it cant be that out of reach.

Aran and Ally C will also say the same thing ones they get to a computer I expect, but at the moment they are stook in wales...........I got board after towing them 50miles.

Just thought it had to be said

Danny

After riding the indoor competition at wales this weekend I felt as thow I had to post on here. The course was well made and well set out and the competition was great fun! There was just one big problem, most people on here find it impossible to leave the keyboard and go to such a competition even thow the organisers put so much effort into it. The comp turned out in the end to be between a group of mates who all ride together alot, ie me, ally c, aran cook, tim stedman and adam (tims team mate) out of all of TF we where pritty much all the riders there and we dont even come on here often! There are so many people on here talkin day in and day out how good it would be to have an indoor course then when people put the effort in to make one they dont make the effort to go! I just cant believe it.

If the people who put this one together decide to run another one I really do hope some people off here make the effort to go. Alot of people say they dont enter comps because they ride street, yet they dont ride street comps either...... beats me. There was some crazy riding done, essecially by Tim who came out with a decent scar!

I would be really interested to hear why people didn't go, cos I cant work it out. Its close to a train station so it cant be that out of reach.

Aran and Ally C will also say the same thing ones they get to a computer I expect, but at the moment they are stook in wales...........I got board after towing them 50miles.

Just thought it had to be said

Danny

Well its a long way for a large percentage of riders for one

and its on the door step for us lot?

i know i wouldnt like to go all the way to wales for a comp from up here in the north, when ive got addinham virtually on my doorstep...........................

although ive heard the events down in wales are supposed to be pretty good.............

regards ash

I want to go but it's such a bloddy long way there (Y)

I would have to get the train and thats nearly a 5 hour journey and then i've got to get back.

Also i'm not really into all this Bikebattle thing :D I know people like it but if it was a straight up comp i'd be up for that (Y)

we went down a while ago on a bit of a road trip, with steadman and ali c, it was a right laugh, its not really a battle theres a range of all sorts for everyone 2 be honest, i'm not brill so i'm on the basic stuff but it got me going and i tried some stuff that i would't normally do!

Wish Buck would stop using my bloody pc, i keep signing in as him, any it was me writing that about wales road trip.

(bet i have posted alot on here not thinking its buck, i'm doing good for his counts lol)

Yea I can get gathered into the bad Catagory I supose.

I did say I wanted to ride, and genuinly did want to come.

But things have happened, and I do have a valid excuse.

In Short, my bank is about £200 over drawn, so finding the funds to get there was, hard.........

The comp turned out in the end to be between a group of mates who all ride together alot, ie me, ally c, aran cook, tim stedman and adam

*cough. (Y) Nah, i get what you mean.

Agreed with exactly what you said danny. The comp was so much fun, and it was really fun seeing riders pushing them selves, rather than just this standard "Get over this rock" malarky. You can appreciate riders' individual styles and moves.

I really hope more people make the effort to get down there. We did over 8 hours travelling yesterday, all for two, two minute runs! Fair enough, some of you have other commitments (like family), and seeing as it's easter weekend, it's understandable; but if more people came down, it would just be more fun, and get to see some more moves being pulled! (like tim's sick 360 tap up that gap! *bows down*)

Nice one to everyone that came along (even those that didn't compete), was really good fun.

Props go to Tom + Co for organising it, and all the people that helped build the sections, they were ace.

I know i'll be going to the next one.

Mike. (Y)

It's just so far away. Wales is a good 4/5 hours away, and without a car, im pretty stumped. Its not that we can't leave our keyboards at all, its just access, as well as with the other competitions on that weekend, its just finding the right weekend to do it.

Its amazing what Tom & Co are doing, and props to them, its just the location and dates. I can also appreciate how hard it is to find a date where nothing else is on, so heh.

When i can drive, you will see me there for sure (Y)

Tom's choice of wknd didn't help matters lol, most people are at home or with family easter wknd. I would have come back up but i couldn't make it. Will defo be at the next one (Y) provided tom doesn't organise it for xmas day or something lol (Y)

Pete

i wanted to come but i had to stay with the family, i had a cousin come up from brighton for the w/e (Y)

i agree with pete, tom chose about the most inconvenient day; ever lol. it was easter sunday and no trains were running to llandudno :D (even though the woman at the ticket place sold me a ticket!! (Y) )

anyways, i got there at about 4:30 - 5 and had a few hours riding there, was great fun and the layout was ace!

i reccon the next one will have a much higher amount of people, aslong as its on your average sunday......

cheers,

Will

ok, so it is along way for alot of people. but what about the people who live near by. I bet tf has members who live in wales. It was just a shame to see such a good comp with so few people there.

Danny

North Wales isn't exactly heaving with trials riders lol, Us Bangor people were all home from Uni or busy like Will said. The first one was absolutely mental and i'll defo be at the next one (Y) Will hopefully see you there Danny (Y) dunno if you remember me, rode with you and tim in't Bangor sometime last year.

Pete

It was a great event and I'm proud to have been part of it (even if I didn't compete). (Y)

The course was well build and took us hours taking it apart this evening and there's more to do!

Those that didn't come missed out big time in my opinion. (Y)

I have to say, the comp was brilliant, As was the riding before, during and after. It was so well organised, and the comp was so well run, that despite the turnout, it was really a very good event. The obstacles were very well made, and also very well thought out. It was far from the build quality of the things at the last event, when it was literally thrown together in a few hours.

It was quite a mission to get up there, but well worth it. It was a real let down having such a small turnout, theres not really much excuse if you commit to it and then dont turn up. Theres really nothing much else to do on easter day, except watch tv. even if you have family round, why get them to come aswell, and get them to do something new.

Hopefully we can have a far bigger turnout at the next one, and really make it something to remember. Surely if it was that good with so little people, it can be even better with more.

Well done Tom for sorting everything out, and also well done for every who turned up and rode, and supported the event.

Tim.

I finally got home at 6ish yesterday, I was too nackered to reply last night.

I also thought it was a VERY good event. Tom put so much effort into this event it was disheartening that so few turned up (maybe not easter day next time Tom :lol: )

The course was mint, everything was really stable and had countless lines.

I also want to thank Phil williams,Heatsink and Howies for sponsering the event.

(well done Tim for the win)

i'm the first to admit the weekend i chose was not my first choice but you look at the events callendar for this time of year!!!

the turn out to this event was so bad i am seriously considering whether its worth running another one, the only reason i'm still considering carrying on is becasue some people have paid up for club membership...

my girlfriend sounds pretty close to leaving me and it is 100% because of the event i organised, i have neglected her and not seen her so much over the last 2 months because i've put so much time into the event for what? i know i'm not on all you door steps and theres no trains into llandudno on a sunday but there is a connecting bus from the junction that you can take your bike on and christ how difficult is it for people to get here? we're 2 hours from liverpool and manchester, 2 and a half from leeds, birmingham and the rest of the midlands and only 3 and a half from london! come on people put some effort in.

what really gets me down is that locally we do have quite a few riders, there are 4 on anglesea, 5 in bangor, 3+ in rhyl a couple down the valley and about 8-10 really local. how many turned up to help dismantle the sections? 3, including me!!!

as of now i am not planning another event, if any of the other club members want to then i will support them regardless of the format but i have decided that its not worth the effort i put in, i am now loggin off and forgetting about trials events so i can go and patch up my relationship with my girlfriend and get the grades i need in college, if you want future events then show the support.

tom

ps: huge thanks to all those who did actually turn up :lol:

This is not intended to piss you off, or start an arguement, but heres my view.

Basically, the first event you held was a massive success, you can't deny that. This was because it was on a good weekend. Not only this year was it easter sunday, but was same day as that competition, as well as the JibJam. I can greatly appreciate how hard it is to find a good date, but did you ever think to hold it later on in year?

I can see why you wanted to hold another soon, but it really is better to maybe have 3 a year, or 4, so that when the event does come around, people can plan ahead, and are really looking forward to it. Also don't stick it on easter weekend :lol:

Now, this might hurt, but its your second event, and it didn't turn out as good as you hoped, and your crying about it. I can 100% understand how much you've put into it, to then have a tiny turn out, however, its only its 2nd time out in the open, don't let this failure put you off. Hell, the competition i ran on trials-shack had 0 entries. I didn't get all annoyed, i simply shrugged it off and got on. I've learnt from my mistakes, and you should too.

Don't let one bad event put you off. Trust me, there is a gap to fill with indoor competitions, and i think your first event proved that.

Pick a new date, not to soon maybe 2 or 3 months, and get the word out.

Im sorry if i come across harsh.

your crying about it

thats really f**king harsh and the way i see it out of order, i'm not crying about anything, i'm telling it like it is, the shit that i have gone through to organise this last event isn't worth it. i've had mouthy locals being complete pricks and loads of riders 'guarantee' they were coming only to pull out and not even have the decency to call to let me know!

also, its not one bad event putting me off its the attitude of most of the local riders and the fact that i have pretty much destroyed my 2 year relationship with my girlfriend because of my involvement with these events. i can deal with the poor turn out, i wasn't expecting the same turn out as last time but what really gets me is the locals and the fact they don't seem to give a shit what i've put into this. i'm not organising another event until i've got my life back on track, currently i could be about to lose my girlfriend and i have a college course to pass...

Wish Buck would stop using my bloody pc, i keep signing in as him, any it was me writing that about wales road trip.

(bet i have posted alot on here not thinking its buck, i'm doing good for his counts lol)

flash you prize pee-narse.

i was just looking at that post trying to remember if i poste dit or not like errr :unsure:

Edited by Bucky