Danny Butler Signs For Onza

StuntMan_Stan

i have to say it does kinda look like its the double freewheel but when you zoom in on the pic it does seem to be a normal freewheel.

If it's a single freewheel then the chain is off and resting on the edge of the freewheel on the inside of the teeth.

But I'm sure it'll see many changes before long.

I find 22 front to 19 rear too low and 22 fr to 18 rear a tad tall so having 1 tooth difference up front would be nice. bashrings getting a bit narrow though (And I hit more than I'd like)

If it's a single freewheel then the chain is off and resting on the edge of the freewheel on the inside of the teeth.

But I'm sure it'll see many changes before long.

I find 22 front to 19 rear too low and 22 fr to 18 rear a tad tall so having 1 tooth difference up front would be nice. bashrings getting a bit narrow though (And I hit more than I'd like)

Think this was cleared up a few pages ago.

There would be no point in Dan running a double set of teeth. And if you had looked at the close up the someone posted then you can CLEARLY see that the chain sits on the teeth!

Also Dan doesnt use his bash ring. He rides UCI, an if the bash looks like its gonna hit the foot goes down first (same thing, still a dab) because if ur bash goes down then ur foot thats a 5. (same as 2 feet either side of the bike in Biketrial)

^^^ opps I mised reading page 4 ^^^

But if you look at the pic when it's hanging up at the show, you can clearly see through the hole in the bash ring (that he dosen't bash) and see no chain, this still suggests to me that there is a double up front. I could just be being a spastic.

oh my god its a normal eno freewheel.

what does it matter if he had a double anyways

thechink

A double up front that is one tooth difference gives you closer gear ratio options.

This is good if you is a fuss arse like myself and like to use a slightly higher gear for a long gap.

Edited by bluecatracingcat

yeah but you will find that an 18 tooth freewheel up front will give you the ratio's you need.

i use 18 - 16 and 18 - 15 for rolling moves. if i can be arsed to change my gears.

sorry for being an arse but its bin going on in this topic for like a decade.

thechink

Barry Huskinson also uses that account, by the way, so he might be getting bitter on his own behalf...

Ok, let me clar a few things up here.

1) this is, and allways has been me, Barry has Only used this account 2 times, and one was to sell a frame.

2) After speaking to Barry, and showing him some pictures, it turns out that Barry was the oone who actually designed the frame, but Onza said It would be too expencive to Manufacture.

Yes I do have proof of this.

If bitchyness etc wasnt popular then we wouldn't have programs like neighbours. Lets face it everyone loves a bit of gossip and a fight/argument.

Its just in fashion to pretend you want everything to be peaceful.

If that was the case then it would be shit.

If bitchyness etc wasnt popular then we wouldn't have programs like neighbours. Lets face it everyone loves a bit of gossip and a fight/argument.

Its just in fashion to pretend you want everything to be peaceful.

If that was the case then it would be shit.

lmao, Well yer i guess your right...but all this over a freewheel (Y)

i know what this freewheel shizzle is about (Y)

i was asking dave butler at darsham....and i asked him what the little plates on either side of the freewheel are (they are there...somewhere). Turns out they are pressed onto the freewheel to stop it exploding, which danny is quite good at (apparently). it is a custom 16t white ind ENO (72 clicks) which doesnt exist for anyone else.

maybe that is a standard freewheel in that pic ( :- )...but he runs the 16t one normally.

adam

i know what this freewheel shizzle is about  (Y)

i was asking dave butler at darsham....and i asked him what the little plates on either side of the freewheel are (they are there...somewhere). Turns out they are pressed onto the freewheel to stop it exploding, which danny is quite good at (apparently). it is a custom 16t white ind ENO (72 clicks) which doesnt exist for anyone else.

maybe that is a standard freewheel in that pic ( :- )...but he runs the 16t one normally.

adam

could of told you that.. but the freewheel thing was cleared up along time ago... im on about the frame..

plus gilles has one too. not just danny. and the internals are exactly the same as an 18 t.. if you buy a normal eno trials 16 t and a 72 click 18 t.. you can take out the internals and put em into the 16 t and jobs a good un you ave a 16 t 72 click freewheel which *no one else has* .. and yes it does work because its been done numerous amounts of times by me and friends

lmao, Well yer i guess your right...but all this over a freewheel :-

This isn't all over a freewheel. Its over the frame which Barry designed, was then told it would be too expensive to make, then when Danny jumps aboard, its done within weeks.

We don't care about a freewheel (Y)

And anal is right, without gossip and little discussions such as this, where would trials-forum be :-

Just out of curiousity, how long ago did he design it and Onza say they wouldn't be able to do it?  Are we talking < or > 6 months?

Aye, this was before the woodstock, as after his design was "denied" so to speak, him and chris started on the woodstock. Thats why the woodstock has a seat, as chris wanted it (Y)

So before you say that it was before they got loaded, you may be correct ;)

Baz is also only in pre-members i believe, so can't have a say (Y)

Im not having a go at onza or anything by the way, im just adding (Y)

I would just like to clear up a few misconceptions about our products which have been surfacing on this thread. The frame which Danny is now riding was designed by me in conjunction with one of my frame manufacturers about a month ago in Taiwan. Danny has been talking with us for some time about riding for us and when he saw the frame it convinced him. I am sure Danny has never claimed to have designed the frame and it is merely an assumption that has been made. We are happy to have him ride with his own signature frame but we retain all intellectual property rights on any item which we produce and always will. Of course we consult our riders and their requirements in trials products and we welcome any input from the trials community, but when it comes to producing and branding those items we maintain full control over our output. I am sure that people see similaries in any design of frame, which has probably led to some of the wilder claims on the thread.

The prototype frame currently being worked on for Ben to use is exactly the same situation. Preliminary ideas and sketches were made by me and they are now being converted into a working prototype. Obviously Ben is our rider and his requirements are considered, but first and foremost, it is our frame and will be sold as an Onza.

So please no more talk about who designed what first and when. Frame design as I have always said is an evolutionary process and ideas are borrowed, developed and often improved on in our quest for ultimate and optimum products.

Perhaps everyone who claims to have designed a frame would also care to take responsibility for the warranty on those frames as well.

I am sure Danny has never claimed to have designed the frame and it is merely an assumption that has been made.

Im not sure if someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, but i know for a fact Danny has never said that, i just saw something which someone quoted Lee saying, and wanted to clear it up.

I couldn't care what goes on, its a nice frame, and i will be looking at one as soon as a price and date is announced (Y)