The Bikes Show

dannie

Very nice pics danny.

Its funny that nearly all the pics on that big up were of people that had already fallen off.

I love the new signature danny butler frame!! I saw it in the person today at the EBTC darsham comp today. Its nice!! :P" He has the craziest components on that thing though.....reinforced 16tooth freewheels, £850 carbon fibre forks and some rediculous mech!! :S

Arghhh, i envy him :lol:

I really like the new vario frame as well, does any one have 1?

Best three days in a f**king long time.

Course was alright. I must admit, it wasn't all that great but ashton & co did use what they had very well. There was everything from super tech logs and tree's to a super street mini quarter pipe so to speak. All centered around a big flat bed trailor. Some pretty damn rad lines heh.

As i wen't for all three days, its all blurred into one but i will try re-cap as best i can.

Friday -

Ashton pulled a back flip, on his ashton. Vincent & Benito back wheel the trailor at around 51 inches. Gilles hooked the middle tree, can't remember the height, but pretty damn huge. Ali C fell a good 8ft into his back wheel & back. Demolished his back wheel. ( I wasn't there for this bail, so if someone could fill us in ). Craig sidehopped the trailor which was 51 and a bit inches, too two wheels ofcourse :S

Saturday -

Craig out side hopped Benito. To be honest, im sure benito could of had it, but Craig sidehopped up this f**king huge log and benito did keep trying, got it to back wheel but couldn't get his front low enough so could never stick it, so he let Craig have it. Ofcourse, its round one of hop idol. I can't remember everyones name so i won't list who entered, im sure you all know anyway. As i was cheering on Jon and Andy, i must admit, this will seem biased towards them, (but for good reason, so read on), but they was going f**king huge. Not forgetting Nick Manning who was clearly doing bloody great too, pulling some lines some of the pro's where doing. Jon came out with a ramp to air to x-up as his first move in practise, then wen't on to pull this highly orional line from the ramp onto trailor and onto the middle step of the devils staircase. Andy was ofcourse huge as well as super smooth as always, pulling amongst his session, a 360 gap and was the first one to go up to the top of the course and down the devils stair case. (I have nothing to do with name, talk to Chris about that :P ). Fatmike also pulled a sweet line from the top skip to the bottom side of the skip, throwing in a one hander at the top. After the 2 sessions of 3 rides, Andy P, Jon, Nick and Fatmike where put through into the final. Well done to the two that didn't make it, you rode good :) Fatmike also snapped his disk mounts on his forks, so was looking grim for the final, however, phil the superstar said if Ashton could raise 40quid from donations from the crowd and riders, he would sell him some pures. Guess what, he did :lol: I put in 1.50 too :P

Sunday -

Everyone was looking forward to today as ofcourse it was the hop idol final. It was at first Andy + Fatmike, and fatmike after not touching the top pillar decided to go for it, even though he was shit scared of it, so top job there dude :) If im honest, i can't remember most of the semi finals, so i will skip the finals, which after deciding was to be Andy P and Jon. Nick and Mike rode fan-f**king-tastic though, so shouldn't be annoyed at all. After just riding 10minutes of the semis, both Jon and Andy where nackered to shit, and Jon was clearly struggling, ontop of that he had a bad back. Jon pulled a sweet gap of the far end Pillar to the big circular low pillar. Then Andy threw back the punch with a god damn insane gap from the top pillar to the second step in the pillar stair case, which even got the respect of Ot Pi :S Jon was clearly nackered to got of his bike 15 seconds before end after a really harsh bail and let Andy take the stage with a good 9ft gap to a small rail way sleeper. Side on, which for the inept is around a 6inch wide platform to aim for. It was also taking of from a rail wall sleeper. It was done rolling, but he did it. It really was exciting, and i hope anyone that watched enjoyed it as much as i did. Ofcourse, it was time for the winner, which was hard to choose as both Jon and Andy are both great riders. I would like to highly congratulate Andy Ponting on winning hop idol, and Jon Shrewsbury for coming a close 2nd. Well f**king done heh, i know you was both nervous, but you sure did come through. Top job. Ofcourse, now it was time once again for the invited riders. Craig threw on his FBM tee :P and made his way to the top in the final show of the weekend. We knew he was going to throw something big down, and he sure didn't dissapoint. From the top of the course he did a huge drop gap to a TINY post a good 10/11ft away with around a 6/7ft drop. He wanted to the gap to remember deej, and what a great way too. All the riders where blown back, and as soon as it was over, vincent, benito and ot pi walked up to the top pillar where he took off from to have a look, and looked on in disbelief at what he just pulled.

Also checked out the BMX street where some crazy shit was getting thrown down, and all in the smooth and flowing fashion BMX is known for. Unknown of Dirt was a bloody good show too, and well done to Kettle (Simon Brettle) for representing, shame about the bike you was lumbered with.

I can't remember shit all from specific days or demos, so its mostly hop idol. Big big thanks to Lee McCaw for driving us up as well as The Bike Show for allowing me a Press Pass. Also thanks to everyone i stayed with, and what great fun you all made. I can never look at Kirsty in the same way again. Projectile Blood Loss :P

All in all a great weekend. Video will be in a few days :) Jonny's will be the one to look out for though, as well as the pictures he took. Give him a few days to short shit out though.

after hearing all of the comments and looking at the pics I am very jelous that i couldnt go :S

but hopefully il be driving next year so i can go :lol:

all I can do is hope for some good vids :P

Im relying on you guys please dont disapoint :)

Course was alright. I must admit, it wasn't all that great but ashton & co did use what they had very well. There was everything from super tech logs and tree's to a super street mini quarter pipe so to speak. All centered around a big flat bed trailor. Some pretty damn rad lines heh.

As i wen't for all three days, its all blurred into one but i will try re-cap as best i can.

Friday -

Ashton pulled a back flip, on his ashton. Vincent & Benito back wheel the trailor at around 51 inches. Gilles hooked the middle tree, can't remember the height, but pretty damn huge. Ali C fell a good 8ft into his back wheel & back. Demolished his back wheel. ( I wasn't there for this bail, so if someone could fill us in ). Craig sidehopped the trailor which was 51 and a bit inches, too two wheels ofcourse

Saturday -

Craig out side hopped Benito. To be honest, im sure benito could of had it, but Craig sidehopped up this f**king huge log and benito did keep trying, got it to back wheel but couldn't get his front low enough so could never stick it, so he let Craig have it. Ofcourse, its round one of hop idol. I can't remember everyones name so i won't list who entered, im sure you all know anyway. As i was cheering on Jon and Andy, i must admit, this will seem biased towards them, (but for good reason, so read on), but they was going f**king huge. Not forgetting Nick Manning who was clearly doing bloody great too, pulling some lines some of the pro's where doing. Jon came out with a ramp to air to x-up as his first move in practise, then wen't on to pull this highly orional line from the ramp onto trailor and onto the middle step of the devils staircase. Andy was ofcourse huge as well as super smooth as always, pulling amongst his session, a 360 gap and was the first one to go up to the top of the course and down the devils stair case. (I have nothing to do with name, talk to Chris about that ). Fatmike also pulled a sweet line from the top skip to the bottom side of the skip, throwing in a one hander at the top. After the 2 sessions of 3 rides, Andy P, Jon, Nick and Fatmike where put through into the final. Well done to the two that didn't make it, you rode good :P Fatmike also snapped his disk mounts on his forks, so was looking grim for the final, however, phil the superstar said if Ashton could raise 40quid from donations from the crowd and riders, he would sell him some pures. Guess what, he did :lol: I put in 1.50 too

Sunday -

Everyone was looking forward to today as ofcourse it was the hop idol final. It was at first Andy + Fatmike, and fatmike after not touching the top pillar decided to go for it, even though he was shit scared of it, so top job there dude :P If im honest, i can't remember most of the semi finals, so i will skip the finals, which after deciding was to be Andy P and Jon. Nick and Mike rode fan-f**king-tastic though, so shouldn't be annoyed at all. After just riding 10minutes of the semis, both Jon and Andy where nackered to shit, and Jon was clearly struggling, ontop of that he had a bad back. Jon pulled a sweet gap of the far end Pillar to the big circular low pillar. Then Andy threw back the punch with a god damn insane gap from the top pillar to the second step in the pillar stair case, which even got the respect of Ot Pi. Jon was clearly nackered to got of his bike 15 seconds before end after a really harsh bail and let Andy take the stage with a good 9ft gap to a small rail way sleeper. Side on, which for the inept is around a 6inch wide platform to aim for. It was also taking of from a rail wall sleeper. It was done rolling, but he did it. It really was exciting, and i hope anyone that watched enjoyed it as much as i did. Ofcourse, it was time for the winner, which was hard to choose as both Jon and Andy are both great riders. I would like to highly congratulate Andy Ponting on winning hop idol, and Jon Shrewsbury for coming a close 2nd. Well f**king done heh, i know you was both nervous, but you sure did come through. Top job. Ofcourse, now it was time once again for the invited riders. Craig threw on his FBM tee :S and made his way to the top in the final show of the weekend. We knew he was going to throw something big down, and he sure didn't dissapoint. From the top of the course he did a huge drop gap to a TINY post a good 10/11ft away with around a 6/7ft drop. He wanted to the gap to remember deej, and what a great way too. All the riders where blown back, and as soon as it was over, vincent, benito and ot pi walked up to the top pillar where he took off from to have a look, and looked on in disbelief at what he just pulled.

Also checked out the BMX street where some crazy shit was getting thrown down, and all in the smooth and flowing fashion BMX is known for. Unknown of Dirt was a bloody good show too, and well done to Kettle (Simon Brettle) for representing, shame about the bike you was lumbered with.

I can't remember shit all from specific days or demos, so its mostly hop idol. Big big thanks to Lee McCaw for driving us up as well as The Bike Show for allowing me a Press Pass. Also thanks to everyone i stayed with, and what great fun you all made. I can never look at Kirsty in the same way again. Projectile Blood Loss

All in all a great weekend. Video will be in a few days :P Jonny's will be the one to look out for though, as well as the pictures he took. Give him a few days to short shit out though.

Correction: It was Andy and Nick Manning riding against eachother in the final 1st part. Not andy and fatmike lol. Get it right Si. :)

Correction: It was Andy and Nick Manning riding against eachother in the final 1st part. Not andy and fatmike lol. Get it right Si.  :)

Oh hush, its late, blah blah :S

Saying that, i knew it was Nick and Andy as i was having trouble filming them both, as they was both going as big as eachother :P

I just can't type properly :P

Glad someone read my essay though, didn't realise i wrote that much :lol:

Friday -

Ashton pulled a back flip, on his ashton. Vincent & Benito back wheel the trailor at around 51 inches. Gilles hooked the middle tree, can't remember the height, but pretty damn huge. Ali C fell a good 8ft into his back wheel & back. Demolished his back wheel. ( I wasn't there for this bail, so if someone could fill us in ). Craig sidehopped the trailor which was 51 and a bit inches, too two wheels ofcourse :lol:

What happend with Ali C, was he was going to put his front wheel on the tail gate but missed, so his front wheel jus dropped an so his bike went in the gap, he jumped off, sat on the tail gate but lost balance an dropped off the side of the tail gate...

that wasn't the only crash

akrigg winded himself pretty bad... he tried to pop manual the column on the trailer but again front wheel dropped an he literally took a nose dive... an landed on his chest .. an then he slipped off the slide of the trailer....

It was a mint show, I have never been so knackered!

I am still too tired to tell all, but I wanted to explain my crash.

I was on the pillar about to gap to the flatbed but my finger came off my brake lever, I tried to rescue it (thought I had for a bit) but somehow I still managed to fall off, I landed on my back on my wheel, my ribs are bloody killing me now, I couldnt ride the last demo on sunday because it was hurting too much.

BIG thanks to Tarty for building me a new wheel over night so I could ride the rest of the show, I was buggered without it.

Friday -

Ashton pulled a back flip, on his ashton. Vincent & Benito back wheel the trailor at around 51 inches. Gilles hooked the middle tree, can't remember the height, but pretty damn huge. Ali C fell a good 8ft into his back wheel & back. Demolished his back wheel. ( I wasn't there for this bail, so if someone could fill us in ). Craig sidehopped the trailor which was 51 and a bit inches, too two wheels ofcourse 

Saturday -

Craig out side hopped Benito. To be honest, im sure benito could of had it, but Craig sidehopped up this f**king huge log and benito did keep trying, got it to back wheel but couldn't get his front low enough so could never stick it, so he let Craig have it. Ofcourse, its round one of hop idol. I can't remember everyones name so i won't list who entered, im sure you all know anyway. As i was cheering on Jon and Andy, i must admit, this will seem biased towards them, (but for good reason, so read on), but they was going f**king huge. Not forgetting Nick Manning who was clearly doing bloody great too, pulling some lines some of the pro's where doing. Jon came out with a ramp to air to x-up as his first move in practise, then wen't on to pull this highly orional line from the ramp onto trailor and onto the middle step of the devils staircase. Andy was ofcourse huge as well as super smooth as always, pulling amongst his session, a 360 gap and was the first one to go up to the top of the course and down the devils stair case. (I have nothing to do with name, talk to Chris about that  ). Fatmike also pulled a sweet line from the top skip to the bottom side of the skip, throwing in a one hander at the top. After the 2 sessions of 3 rides, Andy P, Jon, Nick and Fatmike where put through into the final. Well done to the two that didn't make it, you rode good  Fatmike also snapped his disk mounts on his forks, so was looking grim for the final, however, phil the superstar said if Ashton could raise 40quid from donations from the crowd and riders, he would sell him some pures. Guess what, he did  I put in 1.50 too 

Sunday -

Everyone was looking forward to today as ofcourse it was the hop idol final. It was at first Andy + Fatmike, and fatmike after not touching the top pillar decided to go for it, even though he was shit scared of it, so top job there dude  If im honest, i can't remember most of the semi finals, so i will skip the finals, which after deciding was to be Andy P and Jon. Nick and Mike rode fan-f**king-tastic though, so shouldn't be annoyed at all. After just riding 10minutes of the semis, both Jon and Andy where nackered to shit, and Jon was clearly struggling, ontop of that he had a bad back. Jon pulled a sweet gap of the far end Pillar to the big circular low pillar. Then Andy threw back the punch with a god damn insane gap from the top pillar to the second step in the pillar stair case, which even got the respect of Ot Pi  Jon was clearly nackered to got of his bike 15 seconds before end after a really harsh bail and let Andy take the stage with a good 9ft gap to a small rail way sleeper. Side on, which for the inept is around a 6inch wide platform to aim for. It was also taking of from a rail wall sleeper. It was done rolling, but he did it. It really was exciting, and i hope anyone that watched enjoyed it as much as i did. Ofcourse, it was time for the winner, which was hard to choose as both Jon and Andy are both great riders. I would like to highly congratulate Andy Ponting on winning hop idol, and Jon Shrewsbury for coming a close 2nd. Well f**king done heh, i know you was both nervous, but you sure did come through. Top job. Ofcourse, now it was time once again for the invited riders. Craig threw on his FBM tee  and made his way to the top in the final show of the weekend. We knew he was going to throw something big down, and he sure didn't dissapoint. From the top of the course he did a huge drop gap to a TINY post a good 10/11ft away with around a 6/7ft drop. He wanted to the gap to remember deej, and what a great way too. All the riders where blown back, and as soon as it was over, vincent, benito and ot pi walked up to the top pillar where he took off from to have a look, and looked on in disbelief at what he just pulled.

I can't remember shit all from specific days or demos, so its mostly hop idol. Big big thanks to Lee McCaw for driving us up as well as The Bike Show for allowing me a Press Pass. Also thanks to everyone i stayed with, and what great fun you all made. I can never look at Kirsty in the same way again. Projectile Blood Loss 

All in all a great weekend. Video will be in a few days  Jonny's will be the one to look out for though, as well as the pictures he took. Give him a few days to short shit out though.

Simon Has sed it all :S

people we stayed with were great, worthing youth crew, are all crazy :P

roll on, next year, were the level of riding will be out of this world.

expect of sh*t hot vid, from Si and Jonny and who ever got fottage :lol:

Ross

Filmed over an hour and a half of footage on sunday, so a big vid will be out soon (probably as a section of SWTC Volume II), but for those who want to see just how nuts this show got, heres a little vid of the some of the best stuff from the trials arena.

Featuring: Martyn Ashton, Caeser Canas, Ot Pi, Craig Lee Scott, with Clive Leeson, Sam Wheeler, and Matt Berridge's back (right at the start of the vid, cheers matt.)

Eengoedidee Link

Enjoy people.

Rich

he might have been telling the truth mate

down here in essex there is a place called "billeriacy" and his name probably was ricky so ...

Dan

Oh yeah i know its a place, was just a bit random to be shouting out, that all. :ermm:

Filmed over an hour and a half of footage on sunday, so a big vid will be out soon (probably as a section of SWTC Volume II), but for those who want to see just how nuts this show got, heres a little vid of the some of the best stuff from the trials arena.

Featuring: Martyn Ashton, Caeser Canas, Ot Pi, Craig Lee Scott, with Clive Leeson, Sam Wheeler, and Matt Berridge's back (right at the start of the vid, cheers matt.)

Eengoedidee Link

Enjoy people.

Rich

LMAO....Craig went insane when he landed that :ermm:

Cant wait to see the other vids of it :D

From the top of the course he did a huge drop gap to a TINY post a good 10/11ft away with around a 6/7ft drop. He wanted to the gap to remember deej, and what a great way too. All the riders where blown back, and as soon as it was over, vincent, benito and ot pi walked up to the top pillar where he took off from to have a look, and looked on in disbelief at what he just pulled.

Does anybody have a vid/pic of this?

corish

oops didnt realise there was a video let me watch it.

Edited by Corish

Ali i think me and a mate jinkeced (sp) you :">

As you were on top the piller me and a mate were saying what if he loses his balence and falls onto his bike :- (Y)

And quess what YOU DID! My mate and i were like "f**k that was spookey hahahaha"

Your fall did look pain fall hope it did'nt hurt to much , me thinks jonny has it on his cam :-

it didnt hurt at the time (just a graze on my shin :- )

the next day I had some pain in my neck, wasnt too bad though.

on sunday my ribs and chest were killing, I didnt ride the last show because it was too painfull. Infact, its still really painfull now, especially sleeping.

if you could get the footage up that would be awesome.

PS think good thoughts next time :-" (Y)