Read In! Ban Trials From Farm Lands

TheChai

6 months ago DEFRA were just another Government organisation. Today they are enemy No. 1 for not just Trials riders and supporters, but to all who enjoy ORGANISED off-road motorsport in the UK.

Their implementation of the Single Payment Scheme to farmers and the way they have, without warning, slammed home a nail in the coffin of Trials and all off-road sport cannot be allowed to happen. This legislation WILL NOT stop those who ride off-road illegaly and without permission. They didn't care before so why should they now? What it does mean is that those who do organise events sanctioned by the landowners are being penalised as are those who attend them.

It is vital that all those involved in the sport, be it rider, dealer, observer, spectator or even those local businesses such as cafes, restaurants, shops and hotels who benefit from having local Trials events make their voices heard.

Print it off (Download it), distribute it, get it filled and return it! Do not sit back and think "Oh, somebody else can do it". This is not the time for complacency. Take it to work, school, college. Get your granny to sign it. ACT NOW!

Available for download in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Formats:

2005 DEFRA petition.doc

2005 DEFRA petition.pdf

(Y)

i would be doing mine today

Taken from http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....showtopic=53981

http://www.trialscentral.com/cms/showartic...?articleID=1181

if u wanna read more about it

Edited by TheChai

Read the DEFRA guidance notes here

Read the ACU's latest news here

In its current form, the scheme WILL affect biketrials - as well as all other forms of off-road cycling, clay pigeon shooting, car boot sales, etc.

BikeTrial UK is aware of what's happening and is supporting the ACU's petition, and other efforts.

The ACU is working with Lara, as is Sport For All, and other groups.

Money probably. Thats basically what everything is for.

they wont achieve anything out of it the farmer's are getting money from the trials bike companies that use it at the minute. the farmer's are letting use use it to but it just the goverment messing everything up. (Y) (Y)

its a load of bullsh1t, the government and other organisations that have absolutely no hobbies what so ever, accept for drinking scotch or somert are stopping us doing everything, its ridiculous and i for one am fed up of it, it does say that cycling along designated trails will still be ok. anyway, i dont see how they can enforce it because the land that most of the sports happen on is private land.

then again...... i spose its like the whole fox hunting case, thats all private property but its still being stopped.

hmm..... well i for one wont be stopping riding trials, sod that.

Im not sure if I understand... the government is trying to stop people doing things on their own private land??? And trying to stop people hiring private land and using it??? Doesn't that defeat the whole object of it being private land? What are the government gonna do next? Charge me for opening my own fridge!?!?

EDIT: Why is horse riding allowed and not bike riding? I hate the fact that the the government are trying to cover it up as "imprper land usage" because the land is wasted and not being used for farming. I don't see the point in private land if you have to do what your told with it. (Y)

Edited by andyroo

Im not sure if I understand... the government is trying to stop people doing things on their own private land??? And trying to stop people hiring private land and using it??? Doesn't that defeat the whole object of it being private land? What are the government gonna do next? Charge me for opening my own fridge!?!?

EDIT: Why is horse riding allowed and not bike riding? I hate the fact that the the government are trying to cover it up as "imprper land usage" because the land is wasted and not being used for farming. I don't see the point in private land if you have to do what your told with it.  (Y)

isn't it because the government pay farmers not to use the land (to stop them porducing too much crop) and they don't want the farmers making extra money from the land they are paying them to do nothing with...

or have i got the wrong end of the stick

mike

isn't it because the government pay farmers not to use the land (to stop them porducing too much crop) and they don't want the farmers making extra money from the land they are paying them to do nothing with...

mike

No, its probably just me with a completely different stick altogether - although, in principle, its still private land, and thats what i dont get about the fact that you cant use your own land for whatever you want. Sure, their being paid not to grow crops, but surely farmers with crop land have time during the winter when nowt is growing to make money other ways with their land??? And like i said in NMC, how come fishing and horseriding, which are farmer will make a huge amount of money on (think a years membership for fishin at £50 per year, with 100 members) is allowed, compared to trials, which wont make them nearly as much money isnt allowed???

mike

yup i think thats pretty much one of the main parts of it (Y)

bloody tossers in government :- leave famrers alone

yup i think thats pretty much one of the main parts of it :-

bloody tossers in government (Y) leave famrers alone

but if they left farmer alone most would be out of business, but thats another matter all together and irrelavent to this one, so lets not get sucked into that!!!

I will be signing the petition, but thats mainly because i don't want to see the end of trials comps and motorsports in this country!

mike

EDIT

but surely farmers with crop land have time during the winter when nowt is growing to make money other ways with their land??? And like i said in NMC, how come fishing and horseriding, which are farmer will make a huge amount of money on (think a years membership for fishin at £50 per year, with 100 members) is allowed, compared to trials, which wont make them nearly as much money isnt allowed???

yeah horseriding, i have an abject hate of horseriders, ever since a loads back from where my parents live try to get mountain bikers banned from bridleways (Y)

yeah surely the land used for motorsports is either too rocky to grow crops, you can't grow crops on addingham moorside :- or generally to uneven for crop growage. maybe this will affect sounthers more than us northerner as its mainly sheep/cows up here because the land generally isn't flat enough or good enough to grow crops.

mike

Edited by leedstrials

but if they left farmer alone most would be out of business, but thats another matter all together and irrelavent to this one, so lets not get sucked into that!!!

I will be signing the petition, but thats mainly because i don't want to see the end of trials comps and motorsports in this country!

o no no i meant leave them alone as in leave them to it lol, all the government do is f**k everything up for all industries, most famers (including my dad) struggle to keep the money comin, so i can understand why farmers are doin the 'double income' thing

anyways private land should be left to people do what they like with within reason, although there are laws for protection of land and whats on it which i agree with cos it retains heritage and stuff

thing is even if they stop us riidng eventually in the law, doesnt mean we wont ride will it? just like the old fox hunters-they are still at it even though its illegal (the majority of what we do is illegal anyway)

as said in my other post...

this country is an absolute joke,

they constantly moan about kids being vandals druggys etc,

but there they are trying to ban every activity that people do!

if there is nothing for people to do then people will do stupid (chavish!) stuff!

absolute joke this government needs to get there arse in gear and think about what they are doin.

i call a ride on the houses of parliment :blink: :-" bash a few off the walls there (Y)

hope all get sorted!

haha.

but some of us want to ride natural yet therefore is mainly the problem.

i had a really long conversation about shipley glen with a chap a week or too back about using the land up there for a trial and there is land up there that if people are caught on can face fines. which personally is stupid! but they have to catch you there in the 1st instance and im pretty sure its the part right right right down in the bottom where all the walkers and people go. even though its a public area that people have ridden up there for years on...............

we'll see if the petition goes well and hopefully people will change their mind about it. but i think as someone else has mentioned it needs to be drilled into the head of the person that this was a good idea to do? as im sure loads of raving trials riders and motor bike trials riders will solve a problem, i dont think they know at what a large scale trials is at over here. im sure it will sort itself out it will just take sometime.

Waynio............................

Teenage politics aside, which category of the 3 listed on the Defra website does biketrials fall into? It doesn't seem to fit into the list of banned activities, which are:

"All motor sports (this does not include static car events)

Where the principal purpose of the land is for recreational activities, such as a golf course, other permanent sports facilities or gallops."

From a layman’s point of view, it would seem to fit best with the 2nd - ie ones that are permitted, but for a limited period. Which also includes clay pigeon shooting and car boot sales. My (again layman’s) reading of it is these activities are permitted, but for no more than 28 days a year, which seems fair enough to me if the farmer wants to class the land as agricultural and claim some subsidiary dosh for it.

Has someone had it confirmed that biketrials will be banned outright? ACU is more concerned with moto-trials is it not? Or have I misunderstood what Defra are proposing?

This is a good thing.

Think about it.

I may be 100% wrong, but i'll give it a bash. They are banning it yes, but if the farmer lets people use his land for free, then theres not a problem, an event can still take place. Therefor, if (for example) Mr. Tyketrial went to Mr. Farmer and said, could we just your land for an event (as it's illigal to pay you) for free. Mr. Farmer (who owns addimgham moorside) says, yeah might as well put that useless field full of rocks to some use, have a good day.

Ergo, the organisers no longer have to pay to for use of land.

Bicycle riding along defined paths or bridleways for which no charge is made*

Well, the little flags are a path :) , and if no charge is make to the farmer...

So, if no one can proove me wrong, it's a good thing.

The only downside is the farmers who wont have that extra income.

(BTW i don't want any abusive replys :) , if i'm wrong, i'm wrong, oopsydaisy)

Edited by JT!

If this gets extremely serious and people arnt allowed to to their various sports eg, biketrials, motorbike trials, motocross ect. that all of these groups of riders go on a protest in london with lots of signed partitions.

Only a segestion, and this may not ever happen. :)

JOE

Edited by Trials boy Joe