Cool Stuff

Dai the Socket

I thought it might be interesting if there was a topic that could help me and maybe some other people but some stuff that you don't realy need, but would really want.

i've been on 'iwantoneofthose' .com and it's a bit pathetiic i think.

I've got a bit of money to spend on something really cool and fun, and preforably not bike related.

I've spent way too much money on my bike and i'm wanting something else fun!

I was thinking maybe a mini moto 'cos I saw one for £270 but i've heard they're a bit shit and not really worth getting since i'll be driving in a couple of months anyway.

An air pistol maybe? They're cool and fun I think.

Or ermm..

Give me ideas! Some really cool gadgets? Or mp3 players that aren't as common as an iPod or Creative Zen thing.

Thanks (Y) Nick

Edit: or maybe a small fridge for my room :)

Edited by mod661

Have a look at these:

http://www.airbornkites.co.uk/catalogue/ki...foil/flexi8.php

I've got a 3.5m ('bout 11.5') Radsails (cheaper version of the Bullet) and it lifts me off the ground, no problems. Scarily so - if there's enough wind to move the trees a bit, there's enough to get some jumps in (Y) If you get into it, for a bit extra the dirtboards can be real good fun too.

Have a look at these:

http://www.airbornkites.co.uk/catalogue/ki...foil/flexi8.php

I've got a 3.5m ('bout 11.5') Radsails (cheaper version of the Bullet) and it lifts me off the ground, no problems. Scarily so - if there's enough wind to move the trees a bit, there's enough to get some jumps in :) If you get into it, for a bit extra the dirtboards can be real good fun too.

That sounds scarily dangerous (Y)

BB as if in Ball Ballistic, not Ball Bearing. Ammo is so much better than paintball ammo, you pay what...£10 for about 1000 paintballs, right?

You don't re-use paintballs, for obvious reasons.

It's £8 for 5000 0.2g bbs which you don't re-use (otherwise you'll f**k your gun, to put it simply).

Airsoft kit is loads cheaper than paintball, you don't get covered in paint, you can shoot massive distances (in comparison to paintball) accurately and of course the ammo is masses cheaper and easy to reload.

And the guns actually look realistic unlike paintball...

And you don't have to wear a huge gay helmet like you do in paintball.

I'd like to skirmish in england one day, but can't cos' the gay french limit is 2J, making it illegal for me to even bring it to the UK :lol: ,

A quad bike, then go creating havoc on your streets and shred up the local park!

Maybe not realistic but it would be cool!  :lol:"

I was thinking I might save up more money and get a motorbike B) Or a cheap quad, but you get more for your money with a motorbike.

My mate has a neicht sport quad, 150cc automatic which he got for a grand : picture

img3.jpg

from here.

I'd love to start air softening, looks so cool, But my friends have had some experiances with people who do it all the time taking in the LONG range powerful guns and just generally owning them :P Sounds cool though B) Is it hard to get into?

James :lol:

No, it's pretty easy to get into in the UK, take a look on arniesairsoft.co.uk, they have a forum and everything.

Just thought of something, if you want a mortorbike but can't afford one, I heard those mini bikes were pretty damn good(as a cheap alternative of course).

Edited by Impacted.

Oh dear god, screw Arnies, it's shite in comparison. Try Airsoft Community instead, it's masses better!

Impacted do you mean the French limit is 2J meaning your gun is at that limit? If it's an AEG then yeah, it's illegal here, but as long as your gun isn't over 1 Joule (328fps with a 0.2g bb) then it's fine :S

If you have a Bolt Action rifle you're allowed 2.3 Joules (500fps with a 0.2g bb) so you can bring those over :mellow:

Here's an amazing deal if you haven't already got some nice speakers for your portable MP3 player.

Creative Labs SBS260 Speakers - Powered Set 2.5w RMS with 3.5mm Jack - OEM @ Ebuyer - Come to £9.32 when the VAT and postage is added.

I spent quite a while looking around and the sound and price of these is excellent!

Steve