Chris Akrigg Video - Please Dont Post Direct Links

gateeight

Some people need to get their heads sorted, mincing about pretending that they do 'pure trials' when half of them probably haven't done a comp. in their lives.

Chris has more than proved himself in competitions (seven elite national wins?) and has done amazingly well in the Worlds. Whatever he rides, on whatever bike (dirt, BMX or trials) he consistently rips it up. He (like ET) is a true master of bikes.

All this 'he should get a BMX' rubbish makes me sick. Jesus, half the time all 'pure' riders do is just see who can get the highest 'front tap' or 'sidehop'. f**king hell, go and do high jumping or pole vaulting if all you're worried about is 'how many inches' (and that wasn't a queue for a dirty joke).

Sorry for the rant, but I always get accused of doing 'shit BMX' - its called using your imagination, doing your own thing and having fun. f**ks sake, no ones going to pay most of us to ride. If Chris wants to ride his BMX, then I think you'll find that's exactly when he does ride his BMX.

That quality of riding (as shown in the video) is probably why he's being paid to ride a bike and why he's been given a Hyundai pickup.

that is an amazing video. you hardly ever see akkers videos so is always good when they come up. his riding is nothing short of amazing especially to say what bike he now uses ( :D" ). people who cristise him should go out and try some of the crazy lines he does. hes also the best comp rider britain has ever had(ashtons not bad though lol) so hes a true leader in the sport of trials.

great video, next time want to see a longer one :P

Yea Im with Wayne. Gonna sound harsh, maybe insultive, but I think all the 'hoppy' riders on here that have no interest in styling it up or putting any kind of bmx/dirt influence into their riding, im sorry but you're going to get bored with it all soon.

IMO, street/bmx style is the way forward.. and for me I can express myself better, and Im sure that goes for everybody else who loves concrete. Although, some pure Trials is fun sometimes!

Dont hate me :P

EDIT: OK, people posted words to the effect of what I typed before I hit reply, so sorry if it seems like a continuous moan lol!

Jonny.

Edited by trialmedia

nah mate i agree with you to(trialsmedia). i ride mainly uci rules street, its what me and my mate enjoy but its always good to add style to your riding, however you decide to add your own style to your riding whether its super precise comp style or smooth, fluid street(bmx style), at the end of the day its all personal preference and ability and its what keeps trials different and exciting

too many people with too many different opinions.

we should all learn to get on with each other no matter what the style!i look at some riders who ride different to me il stop and look and appreciate what they can do etc etc.

Waynio........................

i like to look @ trials in all aspects and as much as possible BUT when people have to critisize someone who has the best and most adaptive style to any trials bike then why winge or moan people?????

Akkers at the mo is riding a 1060 wheelbase bike which he has never done before and he finds it amazing how "TRIALSY" it is to him. he knows it might not be his style but there again it is he who rides in his own different way and "Trial Noir" is on theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee way...........................dum dum dum..............

seen it now

that sidehop is amazing i saw him do it on a wall about 40" high last year in skipton and it has constantly f**ked me over trying to do anything like it.

cant wait for a full length vid now. >_<

Bucky

I need say no more Trials Spunk  :(

gallery_113_21_1085481807.jpg

Ps. That pic that you (tried) to post was 3 years ago.

This one is a bit more up to date DEMO7

And before more minions post back Akrigg is a good rider - i just dissed his style >_<

Er, not that this little bitch fight is shit but...well...it is, so any chance you two could relocate your handbags to either MSN or PM's?

Cheers for the videos. I'm guessing "Gateeight" is Nick Larsen? If so, you should've become used to the fickle trials world by now and become impervious to stupid comments (Y)

ye gateeight is nick >_< (Y)

i knew chris would win this weekend!!! his consistency while out riding this past week has been mind blowing, i just cant get over how he can do the hardest of things over and over again..............it is down to style and with him having so much and so many different talents!on any bike.

Waynio...........................

British champ 2005 shall we start throwing our money around? we need an online bookies! :(" (Y)

Ye the 2lads having a big debate dont worry bout it, one lad give his opinion it was just worded "incorrectly" he said he dissed his style..................but it seems to be the best style around if i may add? he can ride any bike and he can win brit championships too......................with the same style.

at the end of the day its a vid, like boon says you cant just go "out casting" street riders, just wait until your day comes and you yourself turn into a street monster! everyones day comes around. i used to ride street none stop.................then did a bit of Au Natural then just come to a happy medium, i like to street ride with friends it has a certain buzz to it, but when you can go out and be artistic on the Au Natural its far nicer more relaxed and extremly calm. Example Akrigg enjoys what he does weather it be natural or street people can have opinions but theres may be biased due to them either riding all street or all natural? do both then see how you look on things................the world is a big place, and its alot bigger than trials! this is a minute community compared to some sports so its best if we all just get along? weather a street vid or a natural vid is put up, if akrigg is in it he will be extrmly artistic, boon if you saw some of the stuff akkers does on natural he approaches things just as any of us would on the streets!!!! he is NUTS! thats where all his skill and "Trial Noir" comes into it all.................

Waynio.............................

at the end of the day its a vid, like boon says you cant just go "out casting" street riders, just wait until your day comes and you yourself turn into a street monster! everyones day comes around. i used to ride street none stop.................then did a bit of Au Natural then just come to a happy medium, i like to street ride with friends it has a certain buzz to it, but when you can go out and be artistic on the Au Natural its far nicer more relaxed and extremly calm. Example Akrigg enjoys what he does weather it be natural or street people can have opinions but theres may be biased due to them either riding all street or all natural? do both then see how you look on things................the world is a big place, and its alot bigger than trials! this is a minute community compared to some sports so its best if we all just get along? weather a street vid or a natural vid is put up, if akrigg is in it he will be extrmly artistic, boon if you saw some of the stuff akkers does on natural he approaches things just as any of us would on the streets!!!! he is NUTS! thats where all his skill and "Trial Noir" comes into it all.................

Waynio.............................

Nicely put Wayne, once again Great video, just want another thats a bit longer :)

The idea of putting this kind of video up is so that your subscribers do actually visit our site. We could easily post the link to it direct. But the reason we support these riders is obviously to promote our brand.

Cheers

Gate Eight

sorry but that really pisses me off, if i wanted to look on your site i would but i dont. now having been on your site (because you won't let anyone direct link the vid) i've found a second reason for never going on your site again - its a shit site! the riders page you just have to keep clicking on boxes til you find the rider you want then when their info comes up its in some really annoying little frame.

overall with that attitude and that web site you've just done more harm than good, i definately dont wana go buy any gate8 stuff now, if you had have been a bit more chilled about it and just put your logo and web addy at beggining and end of the vid i might have though 'hey cool vid i'll go check out the site' but as it is i think 'wow crap site and dodgy attitude, f**k that!'

sorry if it sounds harsh or out of order etc but i'm with TRA 110% on this one and that ^ is my honest oppinion on the matter...

sorry but that really pisses me off, if i wanted to look on your site i would but i dont.  now having been on your site (because you won't let anyone direct link the vid) i've found a second reason for never going on your site again - its a shit site!  the riders page you just have to keep clicking on boxes til you find the rider you want then when their info comes up its in some really annoying little frame.

overall with that attitude and that web site you've just done more harm than good, i definately dont wana go buy any gate8 stuff now, if you had have been a bit more chilled about it and just put your logo and web addy at beggining and end of the vid i might have though 'hey cool vid i'll go check out the site' but as it is i think 'wow crap site and dodgy attitude, f**k that!'

Okay spunk. Please accept our sincere apologies for our website annoying you so much, and it is a shame that you will no longer be visiting our site, or buying our products. Thanks for you candid honesty. Your constructive comments have been noted and are appreciated.

Okay spunk. Please accept our sincere apologies for our website annoying you so much, and it is a shame that you will no longer be visiting our site, or buying our products. Thanks for you candid honesty. Your constructive comments have been noted and are appreciated.

i if thought you were being serious i'd be suitably impressed and glad that my honest views had been taken in and accepted (even if not agreed with) however i get the feeling you may be taking the piss slightly, either way good vid, shame about ^ :)