My Claim To Fame

dirtbiker

Yeah, that quote was from the officer who talked to the Lorry driver so that's probably what he's saying. Luckily i have a witness who will be able to say that i didnt indicate etc.

Twas fooking scary to be honest!  :P

How can they believe the truck driver - it doesnt make sense! If you werent indicating, and in fact, even if you were, why would the truck driver drive into the back of you? Most people wait for the person in front to move out the way before they overtake them... I cant really see it going down well:

"Yeah, he looked like he was going to pull over into the slip road, so i drove into the back of him, it was only when i heard the crunch that i realised i had guessed incorrectly"

How can they believe the truck driver - it doesnt make sense! If you werent indicating, and in fact, even if you were, why would the truck driver drive into the back of you? Most people wait for the person in front to move out the way before they overtake them... I cant really see it going down well:

"Yeah, he looked like he was going to pull over into the slip road, so i drove into the back of him, it was only when i heard the crunch that i realised i had guessed incorrectly"

To be fair to the guy there was no way he could have seen me from up in his cab, but he still should have known that i was in his blind spot. Even if i had indicated (which i obviously didnt) he would still be in the wrong.

Thing is i'd been doing 65 in the inside lane since the junction before, which was where i came onto the A27.

Such a pain in the arse :P

Ow well hopefully you will be able to rape some bits off it before the insurence nasties take it away :P

Hopefully if his insurence company pays it means you can get a nice manual instead of the silly auto (N)

To be fair to the guy there was no way he could have seen me from up in his cab, but he still should have known that i was in his blind spot. Even if i had indicated (which i obviously didnt) he would still be in the wrong.

Thing is i'd been doing 65 in the inside lane since the junction before, which was where i came onto the A27.

Such a pain in the arse  :P

Well I think in case you have no worrries about insurance as it will be his, if you were merrily barrelling along down the motorway and he parks his lorry on top of you, then your alright. I dont see how he can see your left indicator if your on his left and in his blindspot.

Because he put you at risk by overtaking you and sticking you in his blindspot, it will also be his fault because of his poor judgement.

You'll be fine! (N)

Usually the person that goes into the back of someone is automatically responsible - I speak from experience of having shunted a vehicle!

Even if the person in front has stopped suddenly, basically if there's a shunt it was because the person behind didn't leave enough space. I'd be well miffed if the news report basically decided to be judge and jury and imply that the younger driver was at fault!!

Those local newspapers don't let the truth get in the way of a good story do they!

Steve